Compassion, Healing or Love for the Broken Dark Princess: Vaylin Appreciation <3

JakRoanin

I've always thought both outfits were pretty good. Not to be a prude, but since at least the Empress outfit appears to be armor, I'd prefer if it covered her heart and lungs, but what can you do? If there were to be something more, I'd like the customization slot to do one or the other or possibly an uncorrupted version.

Neither fabric or material has been resistant to lightsabers, if that's what you mean, though the Outlander did survive the same wound as Vaylin when Arcann pulled us onto his saber. Visually I think the KOTET outfit gives Vaylin more character, so if she were to return, I would like to see her in that outfit.

If she did return, they could always add her KOTFE appearance onto the force alignment vendors, similar to what they did for Arcann and his outfit types.

Moan endlessly until they give us a Vaylin companion! :d_wink:

Moaning just creates a negative vibe, which one would simply dismiss with ease.

I think constructive criticism would work better. They said they weren't sure how to bring back Vaylin? and they didn't want to do it in such a way that she would just 'be back' ? (Something along those lines?) So if we approached it from that angle, maybe we'll have better odds of them returning Vaylin to the story?

That said, if a story return Is out of the question, then I'm all for them adding Vaylin to either the companion console on Odessen or the Cartel Market. I'm more than happy to purchase a companion I'll know I'll use while playing SWTOR.

I you change the appearance and the context sufficiently they might give us Kira back and claim that Kira and Vaylin is are really the same person.

Spoiler on the Jedi Knight story line:

After all, Kira is a child of the Emperor. That originally did not mean that she was in any way Vitiate's physical offspring, much less Valkorian's. But it might in her case.

... that is not to say that I think that would be a good idea. I am just saying that you cannot change the character infinitely and still call her "Vaylin" in a meaningful way.

As much as I like Vaylin, I don't necessarily think that giving her to the players as companion is a good idea. I mean a Vaylin following me everywhere around, staring at me like I was the key to salvation, that's not Vaylin, that would be like Catwoman submitting completely to Batman, but then she wouldn't really be Catwoman any more.

The last time we saw Vaylin was as manifestation in the Force in our minds, but not merely as our imagination. Maybe she could appear on occasion as Force Spirit of some variation in future story developments.

Edited by Rabenschwinge

Neither fabric or material has been resistant to lightsabers, if that's what you mean, though the Outlander did survive the same wound as Vaylin when Arcann pulled us onto his saber. Visually I think the KOTET outfit gives Vaylin more character, so if she were to return, I would like to see her in that outfit.

I would have loved to see the Outlander attempt to impale her, she smiles, and says, "Cortosis weave." But, no, I was talking about her being shot twice, not having any visible Force defenses going, and just getting mad. Much like Mongo from Blazing Saddles.

I'd be quite happy with her and customizations, including the KotET outfit.

I think constructive criticism would work better. They said they weren't sure how to bring back Vaylin? and they didn't want to do it in such a way that she would just 'be back' ? (Something along those lines?) So if we approached it from that angle, maybe we'll have better odds of them returning Vaylin to the story?

He mentioned that he didn't see a responsible way to bring her back. I know he was just speaking off the cuff, but without knowing exactly how her being alive in some way is irresponsible, I'm not sure what can be argued about it. If all he meant was the bit about how she couldn't just suddenly be alive, it might be easy enough, and I actually agree that it shouldn't be just her popping back and Arcann saying, "Ah, not dead then". If it's anything more than that, though, I'm not sure what to say to it.

This doesn't mean we shouldn't try to present ideas and constructive criticisms, of course, I just don't have any idea what would be effective.

Edited by gamephil

As much as I like Vaylin, I don't necessarily think that giving her to the players as companion is a good idea. I mean a Vaylin following me everywhere around, staring at me like I was the key to salvation, that's not Vaylin, that would be like Catwoman submitting completely to Batman, but then she wouldn't really be Catwoman any more.

It's not ideal, no, at least not by itself. I'd much prefer some method of interacting with her that would help with some disturbing choices they made with her story. But, if we're not going to get that, and I see no indication that it's going to happen, I'd take the companion and provide my own explanation as to why she is with us, which would never be that she's submitted. Others might, but that would not be me. A companion would simply be a way to tell my own story, even if she had no official story. Maybe she's grateful enough for freeing her in the mindscape and being brought back to become an ally (an equal one, and she sneers at my LS backside a lot), maybe my character allied with her, and so on.

I'd like something more, but it would be enough.

Edited by gamephil

I would have loved to see the Outlander attempt to impale her, she smiles, and says, "Cortosis weave." But, no, I was talking about her being shot twice, not having any visible Force defenses going, and just getting mad. Much like Mongo from Blazing Saddles.

I'd be quite happy with her and customizations, including the KotET outfit.

He mentioned that he didn't see a responsible way to bring her back. I know he was just speaking off the cuff, but without knowing exactly how her being alive in some way is irresponsible, I'm not sure what can be argued about it. If all he meant was the bit about how she couldn't just suddenly be alive, it might be easy enough, and I actually agree that it shouldn't be just her popping back and Arcann saying, "Ah, not dead then". If it's anything more than that, though, I'm not sure what to say to it.

This doesn't mean we shouldn't try to present ideas and constructive criticisms, of course, I just don't have any idea what would be effective.

Anti lightsaber tailoring, huh? :D

I forgot about that. She gets shot by Scorpio and that droid on Iokath, one shot was at a distance which hits her, she didn't show any sign of pain before deflecting the next shot. The other was by Scorpio on the Gravestone, that shot was at point blank range, I think she did grab her shoulder from that impact, but she must have a high pain threshold because a few seconds later she appears fine.

They could always throw her two appearance into the Dark Side or Light Side (maybe not this one :D) vendors on the fleet.

Responsible way? What about a Senya story? She needs some love too, maybe ghost Vaylin has been haunting her? Senya may be suffering from extreme guilt over Vaylin's defeat for all we know, maybe she'll find a way to save Vaylin at the cost of her own life?

This game has already shown characters who are in my opinion weaker than Vaylin pulling off some miracle when it comes to avoiding death, you also have that scene with Arcann stabbing the Outlander and surviving. Yes, Valkorian was protecting us, but I would argue Vaylin could pull of the same feature as she was reaching her full potential.

Then you've got that whole thing with Revan, he somehow managing to split his ego between the living and dead. If Vaylin shared the same kind of hatred for us and Revan did for the Emperor, why couldn't she do the same? Maybe it backfires and the dark side version of Vaylin gets cast aside while the now light side Vaylin is roaming around Odessen.

Edited by DefenderTwo

Public demand or $$$. At this point let's see how 5.9 ends first. If we are going down the 'The Search for Spock' with Nathema, our problems may be answered. :D

Responsible way?

Well she did kill Torian or Vette ... so I suppose we have the issue on why we would bring back an enemy of the Alliance to the Alliance.

Then again, I have already killed Koth, Senya, Arcann, Scorpio, Kaylio, Vik and half a dozen Alliance Alerts, so ... yeah ...

Edited by Paulsutherland

Public demand or $$$Well she did kill Torian or Vette ... so I suppose we have the issue on why we would bring back an enemy of the Alliance to the Alliance.

Then again, I have already killed Koth, Senya, Arcann, Scorpio, Kaylio, Vik and half a dozen Alliance Alerts, so ... yeah ...

Well, if it were a matter of "But Vaylin killed X", I would argue that Arcann killed HK, who our characters knew about as long as 6/8 characters knew Torian or Vette. And on a galactic stage, well...

Well, if it were a matter of "But Vaylin killed X", I would argue that Arcann killed HK, who our characters knew about as long as 6/8 characters knew Torian or Vette. And on a galactic stage, well...

True. No matter how you look at it, Arcann had a higher kill count and impact on the galaxy than Vaylin ... he even killed more of his own than Vaylin.

Heh, what about a return via an Alliance Alert? Maybe the Voss lady has made contact with Vaylin's spirit? They've come up with some crazy ritual to heal Vaylin, but you have to prove your 'fun' to Vaylin by killing 100 npcs on every planet? :D

Public demand or $$$. At this point let's see how 5.9 ends first. If we are going down the 'The Search for Spock' with Nathema, our problems may be answered. :D

Well she did kill Torian or Vette ... so I suppose we have the issue on why we would bring back an enemy of the Alliance to the Alliance.

what happens with search for spock?

what happens with search for spock?

People have been making comparisons between Nathema and Genesis, based on how Nathema is coming back to life so quickly.

I suppose the plot used for Spock could work for Vaylin. We've got her body? All we need is her spirit or mind and someone to perform the ritual.

Arcann is great and all, But Vaylin would be one of the best additions to companions. Everyone wants it and force using companions in kotfe are sparse. She could also have a light and dark side costume as well. Most people are capped on those and have nothing to spend it on. Please tell me this is seriously being considered because ill feel gypped if we don't get her before next expansion.