Grand chance cubes in command crates?

aerockyul

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This has become a durasteel wall for me. Never open a chance cube but always sell. You'll get a banner or gold eyes. :mad:

I'm one of those very easily tempted by the Question Mark on the box. I'd fail at any number of games where they have two options as a prize--a constant that's pretty okay and a variable that COULD BE great but will probably be less than okay. I'll always go for the second one. (HEY!! It COULD BE a platinum item!!) (but will most likely be a bronze cannon or those dumb banners that sell for 175 credits on the GTN)

But I would never pay for a GCC. I only get excited by the free ones. Just wanted to throw that out there before someone judges me as the reason for the Cartel Market Packs. I don't buy those either. I just like playing with house money.

I levelled a Gunslinger from 1-300 during this double CXP event and received ZERO Grand Chance Cubes. I did get plenty of the CXP consumables though which speeded up the levelling process. I must have had 4-5 Superior Operations boosts which are worth 14k+ a click which was nice since my goal was to get to 300 and get the full 100% bonus in the future.

I don't know about others, but I seem to be experiencing a (drastically) reduced chance to get 248 gear out of command crates ever since 5.5. Still no chance cubes, and after the first few days, no more 248 level item modifications. Given how many bags I've opened this week, I'm getting suspicious.

In theory, the CXP turn-ins the command crates now drop are nice, and at least I've been getting those at a low but noticeable rate, but they only serve to accrue more bags, bags which seem to be dropping anything of interest/value to me at a (drastically) reduced rate.

Edited by Ansultares

I don't know about others, but I seem to be experiencing a (drastically) reduced chance to get 248 gear out of command crates ever since 5.5. Still no chance cubes, and after the first few days, no more 248 level item modifications. Given how many bags I've opened this week, I'm getting suspicious.

In theory, the CXP turn-ins the command crates now drop are nice, and at least I've been getting those at a low but noticeable rate, but they only serve to accrue more bags, bags which seem to be dropping anything of interest/value to me at a (drastically) reduced rate.

That's most likely more RNG for you. IIRC Keith said the new stuff would only be added to the things that fall in the RNG of getting a fifth slot in the crate, so the drop rates of the normal four slots are unchanged. The 248 gear has just always been incredibly low. I received five pieces of 248 fairly early after dinging 300 but have been in a drought for dozens upon dozens of crates after that.

• 6 months later...
There are grand chance cubes dropping from command crates? I honestly had no idea until now. Isn't RNG exciting...

Look at when I made this thread....

I have had exactly one drop since then (it was fairly shortly after I started the thread). Across all my toons--that's thousands of crates opened since then. They might as well have been patched out of the loot tables for all I've seen.

Look at when I made this thread....

I have had exactly one drop since then (it was fairly shortly after I started the thread). Across all my toons--that's thousands of crates opened since then. They might as well have been patched out of the loot tables for all I've seen.

Yeah, I was puzzled until I saw the date. A chance cube would be a real prize compared to most of the crap you get.

:eek:

Must have opened two hundred crates since 300+ and I wasn't even aware grand chance cubes were a thing in there !

Opened about 10-15 rank 300 crates a week for well over a year..... I've certainly had 1 GCC - maybe 2 - Tho' I can't remember what was in it. - Nothing special probably.. - Which goes for about 99.5% of the stuff in the crates.

Edited by Storm-Cutter

I have yet to receive one from dozens of crates on multiple toons. Are these dropping for anyone? I'll bet the chances to get one are really low anyway, just wondering how low (like Platinum item low).

If you have received one, are they dropping at any rank or at 300 only?

Wow, really? Huh, I have 25 lvl 70 toons and I've not seen one of these drop, not once. Interesting. It must have a .0025 chance to drop or something ridiculously lower.

I have 16 characters at level 300 GC. I can confirm that they can drop at any rank.

I think in the path to get them to 300 I've had 3 - 4 max of them drop, though to be fair I don't think they dropped pre-5.6. Regardless, the drop rate is very, very low.

Dasty

P.S. My ritual of taking a shot before opening each one has done nothing to improve the value of the item. :mad:

Edited by Jdast

I've received three so far after opening 400+ crates. I was tempted to sell them, but the possibility of getting something good was too tempting. Of course, all I got were lame blasters.

I swear more than 75% of the chance cubes I've opened have been blurg or gizka pets.