Can't join Group Finder

standtallwalkfre

On the toon in question I am not in a group , do not have active phases and see no lockout timers running, and I have logged in/out and restarted the game. Nothing happens when I push the join queue button, I get no red error message the button just flashes whiteish then stays on the join queue, nothing.

late last night I went in a failed GF run on Traitor among the Chiss, 1 dropped straight on load in 3 of us made it to the first boss and wiped 3 times then I left the group. went for some sleep after that but now nothing happens.

EDIT: it seems I have an active group not beeing grouped, found this out grouping for an OP and got a red message saying this how do i fix it

Edited by standtallwalkfre

Right-click your portrait and "reset active instances."

...I actually find the new group finder utility really counter-intuitive. You have to click something something to make it go, and it's not obvious what you're queuing for... it's just, overall, a BAD INTERFACE.

Bioware: your Group Finder is BAD and you should feel Bad.

Right-click your portrait and "reset active instances."

...I actually find the new group finder utility really counter-intuitive. You have to click something something to make it go, and it's not obvious what you're queuing for... it's just, overall, a BAD INTERFACE.

Bioware: your Group Finder is BAD and you should feel Bad.

Hi

thanks but if you read the first line of my post it says "don't have active phases"

thanks any how right clicking the portrait just gives toggle pvp toggle mission difficulty

Edited by standtallwalkfre

• 3 months later...
Okay, I have the solution! Turns out after queuing up in GF you have to clear the mission in your mission tracker by either abandoning it or finishing the mission by returning to the mission giver. For example, Flashpoint: Hammer Station after completing would need to be returned to Darth Malgus via the console in the "Dropship Launch Hangar". You don't have to do this with every FP you do but once the mission tracker gets full of all the FP's the queue is offering it will no longer allowed you to join. So just clear the Veteran/Master FP's in your mission tracker and you'll be good 😉

• 2 years later...
  • 6 months later...

Hello,

I'm having the exact same problem with a toon that I transferred several days ago from Satele Shan to the European Server. I can join the PvP queue, but it doesn't solve my problem. The operation queue for Warzone etc doesn't work. I can click and click again. I also tried the solutions you talked about, apart from Galactic Starfigter. Not enough pop on my server playing it, I could wait the entire day for the activity finder to find a match... (its not popular, really depends on the time of the day and the day of the week)

What should I do... ? And how do you know that you have an active group? I can't see any, I'm not grouped!

The problem being: 12.31.2017 , 10:23 PM | #1

REPORT POST QUOTE

On the toon in question I am not in a group , do not have active phases and see no lockout timers running, and I have logged in/out and restarted the game. Nothing happens when I push the join queue button, I get no red error message the button just flashes whiteish then stays on the join queue, nothing.

"

Edit: The problem is since today spreading to my other toons on the European servers. I can't join the activity finder, it flashes green and green and green. Yesterday it was working fine with the other toon.

Edited by Kaam

Alright, I found a fixed on my own,

Three or four days ago, I wanted to improve the performance of the game.

I read many "tips" on the forum. One of them was:

Right click on the launcher ==> Go to Properties ==> Compatibility, and I ticked the case "Execute the program as administrator"

Undoing it solved the problem. I mean, unchecking this box fixed the problem. Nothing else was working.

Now why the problem first appeared on a toon I transferred from another server at around the same time I did try to improve game performance, and why only that toon on this destination server at first, before spreading to multiple other toon over a period of time of 3-4 days. (while the other toons were working until they were no longer). I've no explanations. Well, I'm just going to say that I didn't code that mess, but if you encounter the problem, this fixed it for me. All other solution failed and the GSF was inapplicable. (maybe it can work, I don't know, I didn't manage to try/ apply it, I couldn't find a match) Apparently many things can be attempted to solve this issue and the solution that will work tends to be user specific. Really annoying.

Edited by Kaam

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...