Winter/Spring 2018 Roadmap Update

KeithKanneg

You guys are more interesting than the actual roadmap tbh. Keep at it.

(PS: I wasn't that into tech as a child, but my brother had a C-64, and I always bugged him to get to play or watch him play. I thought that was the height of technology, and couldn't imagine anything becoming more advanced than copying games from one c-cassette to another.)

Had to Google the c-64, Oh wow, I've never seen those, lol! :D:o

• Replies 852
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NATHEMA = SCOURGE RETURNING????

Also, loving the Arcann thing, but uhhhhhhhhhhhh need more.

And I really miss the chapters. I'm guessing flashpoints are easier to "make" and definitely less time consuming, but dang. I miss doing stuff on planets (like Yavin 4) with all the cutscenes. And the chapters were cool too. At least this subscriber fan thinks so.

Thank you :)

P.S. SCOUUUUUUUUUURGGGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE ROMANCE?

Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss

just in case you missed an earlier post of mine. Is there any chance you could answer how these new powerful Augments will affect pvp’s gear discrepancy.

Do you have plans to alter Bolster up again or will you put a cap on how many extra stats the Augments will give in pvp?

Check for this info when I get out the detailed breakdown on the new augments. If it isn't covered, please ask and I will look for clarification then. I will make a note though to try to ensure that information is conveyed.

-eric

Hey Eric,

I’m not sure if this is the right thread to ask this in, so I’ll try and see what happens.

Just over a month ago, I asked the above question and you responded in kind. As we are now closer to 5.9 and you are getting things ready to tell us, can you now get some clarification about the above mentioned information regarding Augments.

“Augments will affect pvp’s gear discrepancy.

Do you have plans to alter Bolster up again or will you put a cap on how many extra stats the Augments will give in pvp?”

There should be a PvP bracket for nublets like me who occasionally want to do a couple of WZs for funzies, so we don't have to put up with the pro-PvPers. That way no one needs to get annoyed - not us nublets if/when the pros start shouting like 3-year olds throwing a tantrum, and not them at us floundering idjits who don't understand the first thing about WZs. :D

But what would be the differentiation? Valor level or how about wins or maybe matches played? None of those "metrics" help determine whether or not a person has graduated out of "nublit". The problem is that the difference between "nublit" and "pro" is not black and white.

I am an accomplished PvPer, but I am most definitely not a "pro". I get yelled at by "pros" all the time, but I also get my fair share of MVP votes because I know what needs to be done and I do it well; I hold my own. Should I be in the "nublit" ranks or the "pro" ranks?

Well, there kind of is. The 10-40 bracket. That way, by the time you hit 70 PvP you should have some idea of what you're doing. Even if you're not the "best" and contribute, no one's going to call you out unless they're just a dick with a 2x4 up their assets.

That assumes a player wants PvP to be a focus for them.

Reminds me of my first PvP experience:

Back when I was just starting to play WoW, was out questing in a lowbie zone and made a "friend" we quested together for a bit and he mentioned that he was leveling the character to ten so he could go an PvP. He invited me to join him. Had never done PvP before (the MMOs I played before WoW were decidedly PvE), so I said why not. We both got to level 10 and went to the city to queue, I got into the Battleground... AND GOT MY *** KICKED. After that I did not participate in PvP again until a full two years later.

My point is that even in the 10-40 bracket, there will be prospective participants who get a bad taste in their mouth after limited exposure and not participate again until they are level capped. At which point they are still "nublits." How do you handle that?

But what would be the differentiation? Valor level or how about wins or maybe matches played? None of those "metrics" help determine whether or not a person has graduated out of "nublit". The problem is that the difference between "nublit" and "pro" is not black and white.

I am an accomplished PvPer, but I am most definitely not a "pro". I get yelled at by "pros" all the time, but I also get my fair share of MVP votes because I know what needs to be done and I do it well; I hold my own. Should I be in the "nublit" ranks or the "pro" ranks?

That assumes a player wants PvP to be a focus for them.

Reminds me of my first PvP experience:

Back when I was just starting to play WoW, was out questing in a lowbie zone and made a "friend" we quested together for a bit and he mentioned that he was leveling the character to ten so he could go an PvP. He invited me to join him. Had never done PvP before (the MMOs I played before WoW were decidedly PvE), so I said why not. We both got to level 10 and went to the city to queue, I got into the Battleground... AND GOT MY *** KICKED. After that I did not participate in PvP again until a full two years later.

My point is that even in the 10-40 bracket, there will be prospective participants who get a bad taste in their mouth after limited exposure and not participate again until they are level capped. At which point they are still "nublits." How do you handle that?

We have ranked for arena pro-nubs

We have regs for arena nublets

We have regs for objective pvp nublets

But we have NOTHING for objective pro-nubs

This is why we have this issue in regs. There is no outlet for the pro guys to play in a more competitive and competent environment with people who have a clue.

I don’t blame the nublets or the pro’s for this situation. Bioware did this when they removed ranked objective pvp before giving it a chance to have an overhaul and introducing Arena Ranked.

We don’t need another bracket for nublets to play in because there already is a bracket (regs). What we need is some outlet for the frustrated pro-nubs to play in. Add a second queue to the ranked system for objective pvp. Set it up the same as the normal reg objective queue, but with a Valor and a gear wall to help filter out those people who might join unwittingly.

Problem solved, regs goes back to being a play ground for fun as it should be and pro-nubs can play ranked objective pvp.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

I need to be in a certain mindset to PvP. It's never a casual thing that I can just do to kill time for me.

I know I'm bad at it, and tbh I don't have any desire to get better. I'm not at all a competitive person, so what I'm looking for is more casual-fun driven. Story-mode for WZs, or some such. :)

I mean, there could be a Casual-bracket - or well, a Competitive bracket instead would serve the same purpose. You could choose, like for FPs and Ops, and naturally the Casual bracket would give lesser rewards so the more competitive and accomplished PvPers could have their fun without nublets like me messing it up for them.

That's part of why I don't PvP much. I don't enjoy knowing I'm letting my team down, so I'll try to do what I think I should be doing, but most of the time I really have no clue.

Not that it really matters, though. I don't have a problem with not PvPing,. Even if there was a bracket for people like me, I probably wouldn't play WZs very often, since there's so many other things I enjoy more.

We have ranked for arena pro-nubs

We have regs for arena nublets

We have regs for objective pvp nublets

But we have NOTHING for objective pro-nubs

This is why we have this issue in regs. There is no outlet for the pro guys to play in a more competitive and competent environment with people who have a clue.

I don’t blame the nublets or the pro’s for this situation. Bioware did this when they removed ranked objective pvp before giving it a chance to have an overhaul and introducing Arena Ranked.

We don’t need another bracket for nublets to play in because there already is a bracket (regs). What we need is some outlet for the frustrated pro-nubs to play in. Add a second queue to the ranked system for objective pvp. Set it up the same as the normal reg objective queue, but with a Valor and a gear wall to help filter out those people who might join unwittingly.

Problem solved, regs goes back to being a play ground for fun as it should be and pro-nubs can play ranked objective pvp.

8v8 ranked option should be added back in next to regs and arenas. I wouldn't mind a reg arena queue option as well.

8v8 ranked option should be added back in next to regs and arenas. I wouldn't mind a reg arena queue option as well.

You do realize that it's always the same sad lot in que for ranked right ? On Darth Malgus the ranked community feels like a village somewhere in the middle of nowhere with 20 people in it.

The percentage of people who do ranked is abysmally small compared to those who do unranked.

If Bioware were to introduce 8 man ranked back, they would need to give players a real and I mean A REAL incentive to que for it.

Toxicity, cheating, wintrading isn't helping in this matter because the ranked community is not welcoming for new players. they outright shoo them away with their bad attitudes towards them.

I would love 8 man ranked, but it ain't easy to implement back.

Unless every PVP you do rankes your performance somehow, but that wouldn't be very good now would it ?

In continuation of my post...

While 8 man ranked is the with of many of here, I think it has one major obstacle: the players themselves.

Let's imagine how would an 8 man ranked game be like today based on unraked experiences.

So in unranked Team A early caps 2 nodes and Team B either doesn't cap anything or has just one node, in other words Team A has early advantage.

What happens next ?

Well, if you play on imp side are in Team B, people will start mass ragequitting 1 min or 2 minutes in the game....

NOTHING is decided but 2 or 3 ppl already quit.

How would this work in 8 man ranked ? Sadly the same way. ;)

In continuation of my post...

While 8 man ranked is the with of many of here, I think it has one major obstacle: the players themselves.

Let's imagine how would an 8 man ranked game be like today based on unraked experiences.

So in unranked Team A early caps 2 nodes and Team B either doesn't cap anything or has just one node, in other words Team A has early advantage.

What happens next ?

Well, if you play on imp side are in Team B, people will start mass ragequitting 1 min or 2 minutes in the game....

NOTHING is decided but 2 or 3 ppl already quit.

How would this work in 8 man ranked ? Sadly the same way. ;)

Yup. They'd have to do really really harsh penalties for anyone leaving, wintrading, or otherwise cheating to make it work, and they clearly don't have the resources to handle stuff like that (leaving is easy, just have the leaving person lose 3x the elo they would have, but wintrading and cheating would be hard to handle).

Hey Eric and Keith, I have a few questions about the special Izax Title for defeating Izax in VM before 5.9. How will we receive the title is it by mail or is it a vendor? Will each toon that has completed the requirements by beating Izax VM receive the title or does it go to all toons or just one? I'm Curious so I know if it was a good idea to transfer toons to get more titles I if that's how it will work. Also, will we learn more info about what the title will be soon? Thanks! :)

• 1 month later...

So, Bioware, what's next? You have successfully removed all the things you introduced in 4.0, what are you gonna give us now? What exactly do you mean by "rep vs imp" ? Another FP where we will do same things to diifferently named NPC like Kuat, Korriban and Tython? New shared Daily area? Just instanced areas for solo stuff?

In other words, what exactly is next type of content we are getting? Also, when does 5.10 drop? In 2 month? 3? Half of the year? I am not even asking for detailed Road Map, just some general information beyond "rep vs imp" would be nice.

Edited by Gelious

WAIT for Eric Musco to get back from his honeymoon, why don't ya???

(sometime around mid-May - not long now)

I am sure there should be some major announcement around the time of the various conferences

And in the video blogs the management team DID SAY they would announce something THIS SUMMER.

So, Bioware, what's next? You have successfully removed all the things you introduced in 4.0, what are you gonna give us now? What exactly do you mean by "rep vs imp" ? Another FP where we will do same things to diifferently named NPC like Kuat, Korriban and Tython? New shared Daily area? Just instanced areas for solo stuff?

In other words, what exactly is next type of content we are getting? Also, when does 5.10 drop? In 2 month? 3? Half of the year? I am not even asking for detailed Road Map, just some general information beyond "rep vs imp" would be nice.

• 1 month later...
They said they see that we want it but not that they will give it to us.

Indeed. Keith made it quite clear that there would not be a traditional expansion and he preferred to continue with game updates the same as we got them 20017-2018.

Summer officially starts on Thursday; any more news/roadmap for us Devs?

• 3 months later...
Hey folks,

With the roadmap in front of you feel free to shoot us your feedback and questions in this thread. We are gonna sit back and let everyone digest and get questions out for a bit before we start responding. Expect quiet from us for a couple of hours and then we will be in here addressing your questions.

Roadmap day!

-eric

When will Kira and Doc be reintroduced (please)!!!