Cartel Coin Refund

zcoopattack

in the past i spent a decent amount of money transferring characters from server to server. Now that all of the regional servers are one all of those cartel coins and real life money has been wasted. There should be a refund of cartel coins for the inconvenience of having wasted them.

in the past i spent a decent amount of money transferring characters from server to server. Now that all of the regional servers are one all of those cartel coins and real life money has been wasted. There should be a refund of cartel coins for the inconvenience of having wasted them.

I transferred a few characters from Jedi Covenant to Shadowlands and from Shadowlands to Jedi Covenant in the past. Now they're all on Star Forge. But guess what? I got what I paid for at the time. Besides, I'm pretty sure there's a clause in the EULA or TOS that specifies that all CC sales and purchases are final. I just can't be bothered to look it up. But you're more than welcome to.

Even if the OP isn't trolling, I've never heard of getting refunds for services rendered in the mmorpg industry. The only exception to this that I've seen was when a bunch of people Pre-Ordered Trials of Obi-Wan back in SWG and were promptly treated, without warning, to the game overhaul infamously called the N.G.E. now. In that case people did get their money back... but your spent CCs for character transfers are no where near the same thing.

There is an underlying emphasis to this post that echoes from mmorpg to mmorpg though. A player sees their "buy in" to play a game as some sort of investment and somehow, to some people, that translates into wanting a return if things don't go how they want it. Sorry to say, our "buy in" is not an investment. You're paying for a bit of entertainment and that is it.

You're better off trying to get the developer to reverse a decision than you are at ever getting a retroactive refund based on something you've already used. In this case, you're wasting your time and other player's time by requesting CC refunds for old character transfers and would be better spent trying to get a West Coast server reinstated (for all the good it'd do).

We now return you to your regular trolling?

Consider this, OP:

At my request as the GL, 30 accounts in my guild on Shadowlands followed me over to Ebon Hawk, by paying cartel coin transfers, because I felt Shadowlands was going the way of POT5 and Jung Ma. Some of them moved a dozen+ toons.

5 months before this merge.

To my knowledge, none of them felt the need to go to the forums about it.

Edited by xordevoreaux

I don't want a refund for transfers I made in the past, but I would like to see the transfers back at 90 CC.

I returned and found most of my characters on Satele with a friend who found most of theirs on Star Forge (we both have a few lowbies / boosts on the other), but neither wants to give up old primary characters (completed story, achievements, crafting, max companions, etc), and neither are willing to pay 1000 CC PER character to consolidate to the other server.

So we are both kind of sorta playing the game at the same time, but not really together, and will both (not just for this of course) probably stick around for the month we've paid, and then drop sub again.

I bought a phone from Radio Shack 15 years ago. Now I have a cell phone and no land line service. I want a refund from Radio Shack.

I feel ya! I invested in Spellfire cards with a friend back in the 90's when I should've bought Magic: The Gathering cards instead. Boy would I like a refund on that! :D

Seriously?

And.. because your car has gotten older over the years, and there are much newer and better versions available now.... do you also expect the car company to refund your purchase price on your old car just because they have a newer and more capable car for sale today????????????????????????????????

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Edited by Andryah

Seriously?

And.. because your car has gotten older over the years, and there are much newer and better versions available now.... do you also expect the car company to refund your purchase price on your old car just because they have a newer and more capable car for sale today????????????????????????????????

Now that you mention it, of course I want a refund on my car because there's a newer model I want. :)

Edited by darkapprentice

Seriously?

I'm going to use that once I think the self driving cars are competent.. :p

I'm going to use that once I think the self driving cars are competent.. :p

LOL.. you and me both. :D

Of course I am reminded of the famous snarky saying from Billy Bob Thornton's character Willie in Bad Santa:

"Well wish in one hand and %^$& in the other and see which one fills up first". :p

Edited by Andryah

I don't want a refund for transfers I made in the past, but I would like to see the transfers back at 90 CC.

I returned and found most of my characters on Satele with a friend who found most of theirs on Star Forge (we both have a few lowbies / boosts on the other), but neither wants to give up old primary characters (completed story, achievements, crafting, max companions, etc), and neither are willing to pay 1000 CC PER character to consolidate to the other server.

So we are both kind of sorta playing the game at the same time, but not really together, and will both (not just for this of course) probably stick around for the month we've paid, and then drop sub again.

Well the good (?) news is that you can probably return a year from now to find they've condensed down to only 1 NA server as the population continues to plummet, so you'll be reunited in the same place eventually. ;)

While we're on the subject of "Returns," I'd like to return all of my old PC's (I still have my original 1.2Gb hard drive PC from 1997), tablets and cell phones that have been replaced, in some cases multiple times, over the years. I expect a full refund of course. :rolleyes:

PS: I wish I still had my old Windows 3.1 PC, complete with 5" floppy disk drive, to return as well. I paid $200 for that thing, only to have it become obsolete within months of buying it.

Edited by PorsaLindahl

I bought a phone from Radio Shack 15 years ago. Now I have a cell phone and no land line service. I want a refund from Radio Shack.

You say this in jest, but I have a friend who will take something back to Costco a year+ after they bought it and expect a refund because the item stopped working. Well Seinfeld, we now know who those people are.