HK-55 false advertising as of 01/07/18

Wenigo

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL

I saw the splash-screan, skimmed over the site, and thought "Good idea. give others a chance to get HK55 for the same conditions as 2 years ago".

Then went to the forums to read some whining from entitled HK-55 owners, only to finally realize that this is the old promo from 2016 :p

Edited by Mubrak

LOL

I saw the splash-screan, skimmed over the site, and thought "Good idea. give others a chance to get HK55 for the same conditions as 2 years ago".

Then went to the forums to read some whining from entitled HK-55 owners, only to finally realize that this is the old promo from 2016 :p

What's ironic about that statement is that those owners are entitled.

Good thing I checked the board first almost extended the subscription (which ends today :)) just for that.

Not that it would be bad idea to bring the rewards back sometime, I missed HK-55, Nico and Shae Vizla as they always fell into those few months a year I can't play, by Murphy's law.

What you identified may strike you as funny but it is not irony, which actually makes your statement an example of irony.

In any case the screen has been fixed and no longer displays this advertisement.

• Dev Post

Hey folks,

In this case there was a back-end issue that caused our launcher images to "break" and display some fairly old ones. The team has resolved the issue now and they are back to normal. Apologies for any confusion.

-eric

PS - Unrelated, your interest in being able to earn those rewards again has been noted.

Hey folks,

In this case there was a back-end issue that caused our launcher images to "break" and display some fairly old ones. The team has resolved the issue now and they are back to normal. Apologies for any confusion.

-eric

PS - Unrelated, your interest in being able to earn those rewards again has been noted.

Can you also note our interest at actually doing some group content and not ignore us?

Hey folks,

-eric

In bold, I have HK-55 as a companion, wouldn’t bother me if others got him so if you guys want to reissue him Eric, go right ahead. Personally I would like the bonus chapter just for story reasons.

And they'll never, ever miss an opportunity to be all self-righteous and in your face about it.

Eh. Maybe people can use this, if there are a significant number that subscribed thinking it was active. Go for it.

Can you also note our interest at actually doing some group content and not ignore us?

You're a bit late to this party. They already know there was a need for group content. It may not have come at the speed or in the way people wanted but the uprisings, new FPs, new warzone, new GSF map and 3 ops bosses are in fact group content. So for SWTOR terms there has been a focus on group content last year.

What would be more interesting to know is what they're going to do with this game this year. Now that the server merges are a reality there is hopefully a plan to retain players that includes new things to keep things fresh and actually making the content that is there less trivial.

And they'll never, ever miss an opportunity to be all self-righteous and in your face about it.

Eh. Maybe people can use this, if there are a significant number that subscribed thinking it was active. Go for it.

If it upsets you that much to call us that have him self-righteous, well then, I have HK-55 but I never use him. If I'm gonna be blamed for something I might as well do it.

If it upsets you that much to call us that have him self-righteous, well then, I have HK-55 but I never use him. If I'm gonna be blamed for something I might as well do it.

Do you regularly pounce on people that don't have him but want him? If not, the statement doesn't apply to you.

Though I suppose I should amend it anyway, as there are (reportedly) plenty of others that don't have him yet still deem it necessary to try and dictate things they have no authority over and that don't impact them one bit. So I suppose actual ownership of HK is entirely incidental to the point.

Anyway, thank you Eric for "noting" the interest. I hope the team makes the right decision.

Hey folks,

-eric

While I have them that would be something nice for those that don't just for the sake of less arguing on the forums.

You're a bit late to this party. They already know there was a need for group content. It may not have come at the speed or in the way people wanted but the uprisings, new FPs, new warzone, new GSF map and 3 ops bosses are in fact group content. So for SWTOR terms there has been a focus on group content last year.

What would be more interesting to know is what they're going to do with this game this year. Now that the server merges are a reality there is hopefully a plan to retain players that includes new things to keep things fresh and actually making the content that is there less trivial.

A reskinned wz map? 3 ops bosses in something like 2 years? You call that group content?

As for fp's and uprisings, who genuinelly cares about them? They are bot challenging, and 4 players is not really large enough in mmo terms to be considered group content.

They eitger don't kbow we need replayable content or they don't care.

A reskinned wz map? 3 ops bosses in something like 2 years? You call that group content?

As for fp's and uprisings, who genuinelly cares about them? They are bot challenging, and 4 players is not really large enough in mmo terms to be considered group content.

They eitger don't kbow we need replayable content or they don't care.

You either have flawed reasoning or you are simply not expressing yourself correctly.

What I listed was content from last year. It is objectively group content. It's not an opinion and yes there are people who play them.

If you have an actual point to make that makes any sense then please try harder. Perhaps start with explaining what it is that you actually want. If it's something like 3 operations per year I can already tell you that they don't have the people to do that.

You really need to learn the difference between what they know and what you get. Just because you don't get what you want, doesn't mean they haven't heard us or are ignoring it. They are just simply not delivering it as you desire but that doesn't mean they are ignoring you or haven't heard what you're asking. But then again, in your case it's not clear yet what you're asking so feel free to be more specific on what it is you actually want.

Edited by Tsillah

It was a fun chapter imo. I don't really care if they give others a chance to get it. But it should be acquired in the same way.

Sub continually from (date) to (date) and get "NEW SHINY" and as a bonus you'll also get The HK-55 bonus chapter!

Where’s the shiny? Lol!

Hey folks,

-eric

No, no, this issue was entirely related to people actually wanting to be able to earn those rewards again. Unrelated is probably not the word you were looking for :D

Thanks for the reply!