New expansion will be nail in the coffin

Denerio

I'm much more inclined to think we will see a couple new FPs in the first or second major patch after 4.0. And I certainly would not expect them to disclose this to us until that time comes.

Yes, more likely to be so, actually.

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm repeating myself but:

They specifically said "No new OPS".

Flashpoints with a solo mode integrated in the new storyline are still a possibility until proven wrong by an official annoucement or by their absence at release.

SoR had two new flashpoints that are essential to the story, are they thus not flashpoints?

(Trolling aside, all I want to say is that right now they haven't confirm the absence of new flashpoints so we can't say for sure).

AND yet at the same time they've stated that they are still going to do Ops, FP's, Warzones, etc but that THIS Year [repeat THIS YEAR] is focused on Story, so any new Operations/Flash Points/Warzones/etc will come out sometime 2016. Just because they aren't including any in the initial release of KotFE as well as them saying their focus right now is on Story does NOT automatically mean that we will never ever get any new Op/FP/WZ/Etc in the future.

http://www.polygon.com/2015/6/15/8736559/star-wars-old-republic-knights-of-the-fallen-empire-expansion

"I want to be really clear to our fans out there who are deep MMO fans. We're not forgetting about that part of the game either," said Hickman. "We just have a focus right now on the story. We're doing lots of stuff around flashpoints and operations and raid bosses and PvP and that stuff. But it's all about story this year."

And when the game doesn't die from this expac, the next one will be the nail in the coffin and so on and so on. It's like that on every forum, someone isn't happy and says the game is dying, those who think the its dying why don't ya let the rest of us just enjoy it in peace. Yeah I know that'll never happen.

They've also specifically said that FE is ALL ABOUT STORY! If that story has a FP, great...but they've made it very clear to me that the only thing I should expect is a new story...nothing more.

They are scaling old OPS and FP's to 65, not new content so I can't speak against you about new things to try out.

But I can say that you'll have things to do at end game when the expac comes out.

Game just keeps getting worse and the reason for the lack of information about the new expansion is because they know it will sink what's left of the player base. All the new changes coming are just plain horrible. Guess this is turning into a single player game which I guess is fine but they shouldn't call it a mmorpg.

While many people share your concern regarding the lack of communication from the game publisher regarding the upcoming expansion, your gloomy forecast of the demise of SWTOR is probably way off base.

Much of the speculation concerns data mined factoids which may or may not be true, as of yet complaining about all the changes serves no useful purpose, nor does it draw the forum managers attention to specific concerns which can be passed on to the development team. It's more along the lines of whining about the scheduled opponent of your favorite football team because you'd prefer they play someone else.

if you have specific concerns, cite them and explain why. Otherwise wait till the posts from the developers start coming out regarding the expansion and join in the fray at that time.

As for the single player aspect of the game: there are a load of people who like the ability to run a flashpoint in solo mode just because they've either had too many horrendous experiences with PUG's and multiple group wipes or they want to enjoy the story line or explore different aspects of the conversations without the incessant demands to space bar through the choices. Or maybe because they're on the servers during low population times. (I live in GMT -10 for example) . Story lines by their nature are single player. And most modern MMO's recognize that.

So bide your time and see what happens with the expansion. I'm looking forward to seeing what it has. If you don't like it that much, there are other games.

Coming in October, the all new "Nail in Coffin Explorers pack" on the CM for 250CC.

• Nail Themed decorations for your Stronghold
  • Traverse the landscapes of Yavin IV in the all new Gelco "Nailer" speeder mount. the first in a series of 4.
  • Galvanized Weapons including the new and deadly "Nail" gun from Craftsman
  • "Hammer the nail" emote
  • much much more

Best post in the 24 pages (and counting).

Its worse than we thought! They are making coffins and turning us all into space vampires!

If they make us sparkle, I'm going to be very unhappy.

(Unless it's Major Alex Armstrong's bishie sparkle, then I'll feel awesome...)

Coming in October, the all new "Nail in Coffin Explorers pack" on the CM for 250CC.

• Nail Themed decorations for your Stronghold
  • Traverse the landscapes of Yavin IV in the all new Gelco "Nailer" speeder mount. the first in a series of 4.
  • Galvanized Weapons including the new and deadly "Nail" gun from Craftsman
  • "Hammer the nail" emote
  • much much more

need coffin regen Item...

They've also specifically said that FE is ALL ABOUT STORY! If that story has a FP, great...but they've made it very clear to me that the only thing I should expect is a new story...nothing more.

I tend to agree in no new FPs at launch and possibly for some time afterwards. At least none that will have much to do with story.

The way I see it is the focus is on a single player story with your companions as your "group". So I guess it is possible they may bring in FPs that are mostly designed around your companions as your group but give you the option of teaming up with others if you so choose.

As for more pure FP/OPs well I wouldn't expect to see any that directly relate to the storylines until after the final chapter unfortunately. Whilst this may not mean "no FP/OPs to mid next year" ( one would hope not ) it may mean that what we do start getting, especially in terms of OPs, is seperate little operations that have little to do with story kind of like Ravagers ( sort of a crappy side mission where the reasoning for needing such an uber powerful group was kind of crap compared to say most previous operations ).

I tend to agree in no new FPs at launch and possibly for some time afterwards. At least none that will have much to do with story.

The way I see it is the focus is on a single player story with your companions as your "group". So I guess it is possible they may bring in FPs that are mostly designed around your companions as your group but give you the option of teaming up with others if you so choose.

I think what you'll see with groups of companions will be like the solo mode Revan fight on Yavin. To me that felt like a test of mechanics they might be able to perform with companion AI while having the player still HAVE to do something besides sleep through it.

With new flashpoints I think they will be entirely group based, and loosely related to the story but not directly tied to it so they can avoid the whole god bot and keep interesting mechanics in the fights. The fact that you'll be reverse bolstered down on leveling flashpoints means they'd rather people actually do the flashpoints as groups than solo them.

Of course with that reverse bolster system they are putting in place, why not do the same for max level characters. It would make for an excellent mentoring system for the flocks of new players they expect to draw.

They have made it very clear to most people that FE is only about STORY. If there were a FP, I'd expect them to have said something...they haven't. Until we hear differently, there's nothing but story.

Ok, so they haven't confirmed that FP's won't be in. That's good to know.

(I mean, since they actually DID say that Ops wouldn't be in, one would logically expect them to do the same with FP's if they weren't in)

If these doomsayers were anywhere near accurate, the game never would have made it out of Beta.

The more they scream the games demise, the more the game seems to succeed. So sure keep whining and crying paranoia, this game will be around for years too come.

As for more pure FP/OPs well I wouldn't expect to see any that directly relate to the storylines until after the final chapter unfortunately. Whilst this may not mean "no FP/OPs to mid next year" ( one would hope not ) it may mean that what we do start getting, especially in terms of OPs, is seperate little operations that have little to do with story kind of like Ravagers ( sort of a crappy side mission where the reasoning for needing such an uber powerful group was kind of crap compared to say most previous operations ).

Guess what? We agree!!!

I think the soonest we'll see a new Ops is mid 2016 (Jun-July). They've already stated they wouldn't even begin to work on new Ops until AFTER FE, which is the end of October...and we know that come Nov-Jan, we can expect to see no updates at all, and very little work out of Austin as they take the months of Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years off to spend with their family.

I agree with your last point too...I'd really like it if they could remove the "overall" story from Ops and just make them side quests, not tied in to main plot lines (like DP/DF were). They can 'relate' to a main story arc, but they don't need to be a part of it at all...they can be separate and still be perfect.

.I'd really like it if they could remove the "overall" story from Ops and just make them side quests, not tied in to main plot lines (like DP/DF were). They can 'relate' to a main story arc, but they don't need to be a part of it at all...they can be separate and still be perfect.

Yeh, that sounds like a neat idea.

Dunno if I'll ever do a new op again but it'd be nice to hear allusions to them and their part of the story during main quests or something. NPC: "Those *********** Dread Goons are at it again, or maybe it's Kephess clones dressed like them, I dunno. I hear Space Force Ninja Command is over at Outpost X recruiting a strike team to go slay their ***es."

If these doomsayers were anywhere near accurate, the game never would have made it out of Beta.

The more they scream the games demise, the more the game seems to succeed. So sure keep whining and crying paranoia, this game will be around for years too come.

It gives me visions of a pack of wild and angry gerbils all acting like they can actually hammer nails in the coffin with their little gerbil hammers, much less actually bury said coffin with their little gerbil shovels and picks. If I search the internet long enough.. there is probably a jpeg/gif of this very thing. :p

It gives me visions of a pack of wild and angry gerbils all acting like they can actually hammer nails in the coffin with their little gerbil hammers, much less actually bury said coffin with their little gerbil shovels and picks. If I search the internet long enough.. there is probably a jpeg/gif of this very thing. :p

The one thing I will be glad for is the actual 4.0 release.. so that the forum threads can shift from "tell me more", yada yada to ----> "this sucks", "that sucks", "I could have done better in my sleep", etc. etc. etc. :D