Did Bioware remove a bit from Ashara's story arc in Taris?

Senden

Not played the Inquisitor storyline in ages and have been enjoying going through it again however doing the Ashara stuff and it feels different from before, like I'm certain it involved using sith assassins. Did they remove that bit? If not was it locked behind certain conversation options? How it was for me was kind of lame in comparison.

Not played the Inquisitor storyline in ages and have been enjoying going through it again however doing the Ashara stuff and it feels different from before, like I'm certain it involved using sith assassins. Did they remove that bit? If not was it locked behind certain conversation options? How it was for me was kind of lame in comparison.

The assassins are definitely still there--whether they appear in your story just depends on which conversational choices you take when discussing how to lure Ashara into your trap. I've recently done the SI story twice and I've gone both routes (assassins and no assassins, I mean).

Edited by sauceemynx

The assassins are definitely still there--whether they appear in your story just depends on which conversational choices you take when discussing how to lure Ashara into your trap. I've recently done the SI story twice and I've gone both routes (assassins and no assassins, I mean).

Yeah the holocron route just didn't feel very sith like for me. It was strange as I even got an ingame mail f rom the assassin master talking about the attack. Does anyone know lhow to ensure the assassins? Also apologies for the spoilers

Yeah the holocron route just didn't feel very sith like for me. It was strange as I even got an ingame mail f rom the assassin master talking about the attack. Does anyone know lhow to ensure the assassins? Also apologies for the spoilers

I think it's based more on the total number/value of your dark side points in the light/dark meter than just your story choices.

Originally, when the game launched, leveling was slower. You did more of the side quests just to keep your level on par with the story. Consequently, your dark side points were higher by the time you got to the various choices.

Currently, leveling is MUCH faster, and you may need to do extra stuff, while leveling, to see some of these dark or light side choices.

There was a thread talking about this recently with the Agent story. At the end of Hutta you get a conversation that has three options. Light / Dark / neutral.

I've only ever seen the neutral agent conversation, because it's early on in the story and I don't ever have enough light or dark points to see anything else.

I think it's based more on the total number/value of your dark side points in the light/dark meter than just your story choices.

There was a thread talking about this recently with the Agent story. At the end of Hutta you get a conversation that has three options. Light / Dark / neutral.

I've only ever seen the neutral agent conversation, because it's early on in the story and I don't ever have enough light or dark points to see anything else.

Huh, I've only played through each story once in full, so this is interesting to know playing new chars. I've played neutral on most of my characters actually, and have only played light with my two first Jedi chars and my first SW and dark with my agent and my first SI.

I don't suppose there's a list of these differences? It'd be cool to plan my next new char towards something like this.

I don't know if there's a list of light/dark differences.

I know the Agent story diverges pretty dramatically based on one particular choice (which I won't spoil) at the end of a chapter. However, basically, it ends up at the same place, or really close to the same place.

I don't know if there's a list of light/dark differences.

I know the Agent story diverges pretty dramatically based on one particular choice (which I won't spoil) at the end of a chapter. However, basically, it ends up at the same place, or really close to the same place.

I'm planning on replaying the Agent story again, what choice is this? If you could say without spoiling, I imagine it has to do with the twist and who you face at the end of chapter 1. Thanks for your other post, that's really handy knowing. I'll make sure to take professions which reward DS points.

Edited by Senden

I'm planning on replaying the Agent story again, what choice is this? If you could say without spoiling, I imagine it has to do with the twist and who you face at the end of chapter 1. Thanks for your other post, that's really handy knowing. I'll make sure to take professions which reward DS points.

The DS / LS crew skill points aren't based on specific professions. There is a light/dark "toggle" on your screen (which might be hidden behind your mini map) that you can move in the UI editor and then you just click which side you want the crew skill points to be...light or dark.

The DS / LS crew skill points aren't based on specific professions. There is a light/dark "toggle" on your screen (which might be hidden behind your mini map) that you can move in the UI editor and then you just click which side you want the crew skill points to be...light or dark.

Be aware that the toggle sets which colour points you get for all of the following:

* Completing any game-play mission (story, dailies, FPs, heroics, side missions, etc.)

* Successful or unsuccessful completion of crew skill missions by companions.

* Killing enemies of any type.(1)

(1) Yes, that means that Jedi (er, well, any class, but it seems more jarring for Jedi) can become Light V by slaughtering refugees and trapped off-worlders on Corellia, although you'd have to slaughter a lot of them to do so.

I just the first part of my test on this because I wanted to know for sure.

On computer A I made a sniper and went dark side

On computer B I made an operative and went light side

Every time I came across a light/dark choice my sniper went dark side and my operative went light side.

I did this simultaneously, grouped even (for speed, it didn't matter for results).

When I got to DK and to the "You used violence as a tool" (Neutral option) both toons got that same speech.

I backed out of that cutscene, to come back to it later, after I reach tier 1 on both toons.

Dark side points for the sniper was -2430 (Tier 1 dark side is -3000)

Light side points for the operative was 2572 (Tier 1 light side is 3000)

The difference between them is I ran more crew skill missions on my operative than I did my sniper.

I'm going to spam some Black Talon to get up to Tier 1 on each now.

After getting each of these toons up to Tier 1 (light & dark sides) I went back and did the story (that I canceled out of earlier) briefing again.

This time, the light/dark conversation with keeper activated.

Dark Side = 'you were brutal' and light side = 'you were soft' exchanges.

Originally, when the game launched, leveling was slower. You did more of the side quests just to keep your level on par with the story. Consequently, your dark side points were higher by the time you got to the various choices.

Don't forget that they also increased the number of points needed per tier. Originally we only needed 1000 points for tier 1, now it's 3000. Tier 5 used to be 10000 but now that doesn't even get you to tier 2, which is 20000. While we used to get fewer alignment points in normal play the requirements per tier were a lot lower (everything except tier 1 increased by a factor of 10). I remember doing farming groups in Esseles for alignment, affection, and social points. Now, you really have to commit to your alignment to reach those tiers needed in order to trigger those alignment based reactions.

After getting each of these toons up to Tier 1 (light & dark sides) I went back and did the story (that I canceled out of earlier) briefing again.

This time, the light/dark conversation with keeper activated.

Dark Side = 'you were brutal' and light side = 'you were soft' exchanges.

Thanks for testing that out. I'll focus my Agent on going one way then. It's annoying with agents because I'd choose based upon what makes most sense for an Agent and usually I found it to be quite split in my choices.

Thanks for testing that out. I'll focus my Agent on going one way then. It's annoying with agents because I'd choose based upon what makes most sense for an Agent and usually I found it to be quite split in my choices.

Just set the DvL toggle to whichever you prefer, and run with it. It's what I do, and I'm not having any issues getting the desired results.

Yeah, thanks for that. This is an issue with the Sith Inquisitor at the end of Act 1, too, when Zash is talking to you about promoting you to a Lord, and if you’re Neutral she gives you the Light Side speech: “It seems the teachings of Korriban have had scant influence on you. How many times did you have the choice to expand your power base yet stayed your hand?”

Like, nani? I’m the future Darth Occlus, dear, not Imperius. I’ve been expanding my power base every step of the way. I haven’t made *one* decision that has been detrimental to my rise to power, and you’re calling me merciful? I’ve been shocking fools and mind controlling them, does that sound like I’ve been “staying my hand?”

When you’re in Dark Side Tier I she praises you, even though a lot of the DS decisions you can make involve you screwing over future allies. It’s real strange, and I think if you’re LS Tier I, you get that same quote at the start, which obviously makes sense, but there should be one for neutrality.

Edited by Joluka