Dont Nerf Hard Mode Queen.

HohoYolo

This is for the people complaining about queen.

1. Why do you need the gear?

2. Do you NiM raid? Do you Hardmare?

3. Do you prog any content besides flash-points and SM content?

4. Do you do ranked pvp and if so how often?

If you answer no to any of these questions (2-4) you dont need the gear. All content in the game is a joke and does not need even need 230 gear to be cleared.

If you did answer yes to any of this it is most likely you have gotten you crystal through killing queen or ranking thus not needing the nerf.

This isnt elitism. Some people are just not able to clear some content in the game without progress and that is fine. That is the point of a MMO to earn rewards over time not be handed them on a silver plate.

Just remember the day when MMOs used to be 1000000000000x times harder to earn stuff that it is now. We have it easy boys no reason to make it any easier and make a game more accessible than it already is.

Oh snap. Looks like we got ourselves bad*** over here.

Lol i have no idea on hive queen because I personally refuse to participate in anything 252 or 258 gear granting, but I do love how he posts something absolutely dripping of elitism, and attempts to say it isn't elitism.

Again, I have no opinion on hive queen, refuse to even consider grouping for it out of sheer stubborness.

I've said it a hundred times, and I'll say it again:

It's none of your damn business what I need or don't need, and it's not your place to tell me what I need or don't need. If you want to decide what's appropriate for me, you can pay my subscription fee. Until then, mind your own business.

i'm also against a nerf, because it is a fun and challenging operation and it should stay the way it is.

but it also is against #rule-1!

rule 1: never take away anything.

when swtor introduced the highlighted vm operations, the people ran the most easiest operations to get the former master mode gear. so the most were fully geared BiS, but still not able to complete all VM operations. with the better gear, many mechanics could be ignored and the total skill level was reduced. even with the achievements said nothing about the mechanics knowledge.

later the command rank system was introduced and opened the gear for everybody. so every player could run around with BiS equipment, without knowing any of the content, you needed this stuff.and some of them still are thinking, that gear matters, but still fail in their role.

the problem now is, that the most people have gotten used to be able to get the best equipment without doing anything skillfull. and now an operation is released, going back to the roots and hiding the main- and offhands behind a credit- or skillwall.

of course they are annoyed about that. i totally get it. it is also a shame, that we still got the same loot table like before. so you can run master mode operations and will get better gear from the ossus operation in storymode. this is a total failure of bioware!

of course you don't -need- the 258 main- and offhand most of the times. but if you had the possibility to get it in former times, you expect it to stay as it is, or make it more accessable again.

so what about a compromise?

let us think about changing cystals to a legacy currency and let us change

the normal crystals into monumental ones. of course to a higher rate, like

5 crystals for 1 monumental crystal.

by having a legacy wide crystal currency, it should take a while, but not to long.

and you are giving back the people the chance to get the items, without completing

the operation, or getting flamed by toxic pvp players.

would that be a possibility to get the pro-nerf-people happy with the situation?

i mean the queen is not harder than brontes or styrak in veteran mode.

Since a lot of groups want 10+ kill achieves before even offering you a spot. I hope they make it 10x more difficult. - Talk about elitist.

I know it was easy-peasy story mode when We did it a couple of times the other day, but I invited anyone with or without prior knowledge. - I had a big queue of people wanting a spot. - enough to run it several times over. - Showing that there is a big interest, but a disconnect with the rest.

TBH they (BW) should have had a couple of the champion guards spawn some of the adds so one could learn the different egg types and how to deal with them while in SM. - But as usual it's either easy peasy mode or hard - and nothing in between. - Showing that they learned nothing form the game's history, in n that people are happier on a learning curve rather than a cliff-edge.

Edited by Storm-Cutter

Why is this an argument guys?

1. Since ToS, every hard mode raid has been released as "hardmare." If a NiM version comes out, it will be nerfed just like Gods HM.

2. Don't get mad at the difficulty of Hive Queen. Be mad that 258 MH/OH is locked behind her. So yell at the Devs not each other.

3. Read HM Hive Queen guides and watch videos on YouTube. You can't just stroll into hardmare, clueless as can be.

Edited by Rion_Starkiller

The queen is no where close to hardmare. It's basically on par with Xenoanalyst HM in my opinion. Follow the mechanics and you'll win. I dislike the idea of calling for a nerf because people can't execute the mechanics, or really look anywhere on their screen outside of their ability bars. Grow as a player and improve. Anyone can do this fight. All you need to do is coordinate. You can do this either with voice communication or text chat. The fight follows some simple rules: kill berserkers asap (crowd control abilities work here). Break red eggs by putting the red circle on top of them. Break red eggs by aiming Costics at the red eggs. Or, use the cleave from the Royal Guards to break the eggs. Stack adds under boss if they are the silvers and let your dots and aoe kill them. Pull Costic Drones into the boss and kill it with the same principle as the silvers. If a royal guard (stun chain these) is out don't break a red egg if you can help it. If you do stun the berserker and come back to it. At 30 percent, burn the boss, and have one of the tanks kite the adds around. Follow those rules and you win. Don't follow those rules and you lose. If you don't follow those rules you can recover. If you couldn't recover then we could discuss a potential nerf, but you can so there's no nerf required.

What worries me is that a section of the player base wants everything to be dumbed down in this game. If this game is for all play styles then we need to have that same balance in content difficulty. I do not want to play a game that offers no challenge what so ever. If I'm the only one so be it.

Edited by Shwarzchild

The queen is no where close to hardmare. It's basically on par with Xenoanalyst HM in my opinion. Follow the mechanics and you'll win. I dislike the idea of calling for a nerf because people can't execute the mechanics, or really look anywhere on their screen outside of their ability bars. Grow as a player and improve. Anyone can do this fight. All you need to do is coordinate. You can do this either with voice communication or text chat. The fight follows some simple rules: kill berserkers asap (crowd control abilities work here). Break red eggs by putting the red circle on top of them. Break red eggs by aiming Costics at the red eggs. Or, use the cleave from the Royal Guards to break the eggs. Stack adds under boss if they are the silvers and let your dots and aoe kill them. Pull Costic Drones into the boss and kill it with the same principle as the silvers. If a royal guard (stun chain these) is out don't break a red egg if you can help it. If you do stun the berserker and come back to it. At 30 percent, burn the boss, and have one of the tanks kite the adds around. Follow those rules and you win. Don't follow those rules and you lose. If you don't follow those rules you can recover. If you couldn't recover then we could discuss a potential nerf, but you can so there's no nerf required.

What worries me is that a section of the player base wants everything to be dumbed down in this game. If this game is for all play styles then we need to have that same balance in content difficulty. I do not want to play a game that offers no challenge what so ever. If I'm the only one so be it.

This fight is nowhere near the level of HM Xeno. lol

Heck this fight has more action with harder hitting abilities in a shorter time than Xeno.

You mistake me, I like a challenge, but I do not like repeated hours spent in one thing, continuous wipes because X role made a mistake & here we go again.

But part of the issue is locking behind weapons, that are needed to complete the full 258 set (for those who are completionists this is a real slap in the face), on a boss that's on par with Col Mono. That's more to the pace of this boss.

SM is a breeze. You need 4-5 people & can clear it like a FP.

HM you walk in expecting a challenge but clearable after a bit. Not NiM level.

NiM needs to be where she is now. Fast, have to think quick, adds flowing, etc...

The other issue is the majority of those who have cleared her, are the NiM community & they want the achievement, they want you in parse, they want you to understand the fight instantly or bam you done.

This is a new fight.

In years past, you'd have the Ops leader explaining & working through stuff. Now it's "Go read the guide, watch the fight." Ops leader will give the walk through & if there is a mistake made a couple times, oops you're done.

This fight is nowhere near the level of HM Xeno. lol

Heck this fight has more action with harder hitting abilities in a shorter time than Xeno.

You mistake me, I like a challenge, but I do not like repeated hours spent in one thing, continuous wipes because X role made a mistake & here we go again.

But part of the issue is locking behind weapons, that are needed to complete the full 258 set (for those who are completionists this is a real slap in the face), on a boss that's on par with Col Mono. That's more to the pace of this boss.

SM is a breeze. You need 4-5 people & can clear it like a FP.

HM you walk in expecting a challenge but clearable after a bit. Not NiM level.

NiM needs to be where she is now. Fast, have to think quick, adds flowing, etc...

The other issue is the majority of those who have cleared her, are the NiM community & they want the achievement, they want you in parse, they want you to understand the fight instantly or bam you done.

This is a new fight.

In years past, you'd have the Ops leader explaining & working through stuff. Now it's "Go read the guide, watch the fight." Ops leader will give the walk through & if there is a mistake made a couple times, oops you're done.

I highly doubt you're getting grouped with "nim players". Simply put, we generally stay within our small community. There may be a few pug runs here and there for hard mode operations like how i jumped into a 16 man hm tfb and a 8 man hm df yesterday.. But, you don't typically find us in a new boss fight pugging. Mainly because we have our own groups to get the mats so we can craft and get everyone their main hands. I have 15 characters, and I've completed the queen already this week on 13. Im not trying to tank it so there's why it's not a full 15. Not once did I jump into a pug group for it. The "nim raiders" you speak of are most likely not who you think they are. And we have absolutely taken a few here and there into the fight with us. Not a single one of us will require parse for Queen. You're either at 60 percent when you need to be or not etc. You are right on one thing though. If you go into a group with "nim raiders" and it's a specific purpose of run like a timed run you should know what you're doing. If you don't a timed run is not where you need to be. And, if people are grouping for it you should be telling them straight away hey i'm new at this. I'm not some "god tier" player. I'm like mediocre in nim on a good day. A sandbag probably...most other days. I still to this day, tell people i group with if i'm unclear on something that i'm unclear. Never once had a problem. The hate the nim community receives is misplaced quite honestly.

Queen is no where close to nim level. Maybe Nefra? But, like...Nefra is a joke. I stand by my opinion that it's as hard as Xeno. It comes down to just understanding what's required of you in a fight. The reason you think Xeno is super easy is because you know the fight. Knowing the fight comes with time and experience. You don't, or you shouldn't, be calling for a nerf on a new fight because you don't feel comfortable in it yet. If it were like a year from now and people still can't do it sure let's discuss a nerf. Not now though, definitely not now.

Regarding gear: I should say I'm biased since I can get these crystals easily for a main hand. However, if you can hit checks in say dread fortress hardmode, and deal with orbs in brontes, or coordinate movement in draxus, cooridnate op 9 etc this fight is not a challenge. If it is a challenge for your group...good! That's awesome! Progression is fun! Just don't throw a glass against the wall. That's bad juju

edit: one last thought...pugging a fight...any fight...is asking for inconsistent play. If you have a group of friends work together. That's a big reason why people ask for achievements in anything. They want to do something, but really don't want to "carry" multiple people. It's an unfair ask of players in my opinion to basically expect them to carry whoever in a raid "just because they want to do it".

Edited by Shwarzchild

I highly doubt you're getting grouped with "nim players". Simply put, we generally stay within our small community. If you go into a group with "nim raiders" and it's a specific purpose of run like a timed run you should know what you're doing. If you don't a timed run is not where you need to be. And, if people are grouping for it you should be telling them straight away hey i'm new at this. I'm not some "god tier" player. I'm like mediocre in nim on a good day. A sandbag probably...most other days. I still to this day, tell people i group with if i'm unclear on something that i'm unclear. Never once had a problem. The hate the nim community receives is misplaced quite honestly.

You don't, or you shouldn't, be calling for a nerf on a new fight because you don't feel comfortable in it yet. If it were like a year from now and people still can't do it sure let's discuss a nerf. Not now though, definitely not now.

edit: one last thought...pugging a fight...any fight...is asking for inconsistent play. If you have a group of friends work together. That's a big reason why people ask for achievements in anything. They want to do something, but really don't want to "carry" multiple people. It's an unfair ask of players in my opinion to basically expect them to carry whoever in a raid "just because they want to do it".

Shwarz,

Don't assume so much. lol

I know who a lot of the NiM players are. I'm quite active on SS. I know the guilds, am members of some.

Both groups I've been in I was at least some NiM raiders. lol The rest were HM.

As for the hate, which is going off topic, but I will state.

It's hate for the attitudes. The "I'm better than you" "You suck" "L2Play", etc...

It's a real thing. If you don't see it, then good chance you're part of the problem. The NiM raiders who want to help, who want to teach (without the egos) are the few great ones. By far & large the vocal NiM community, on SS at least, are just there to flex.

Now you may not be one of those. Idk, as Idt I've ran with you even though we are in several of the same discords.

Heck, point in case is the OP of this thread. lol

But I digress.

We will just have to agree to disagree, as I do feel the queen on HM needs to be nerfed. (Not because I feel uncomfortable in it. I hold my own fine.) She is not in line with SM.

Cheers! :)

We're getting off on a tangent whether it's hardmare or not. It's tuned to 252 gear, unlike any other raid but GFTM. So it is more difficult than many (not all) HM raids.

Does it need nerfed? No.

Is SM too easy? Yes.

Everyone has an opinion on it. But none of this would be an issue if Hive Queen weren't the only means of acquiring 258 MH-OH. That's the crux of it.

Let's not nerf a boss just because you want a MH OH.