Suggestion: Get a better SMTP server, the wait is ridiculous

sdom

Suggestion: Get a better SMTP server, the wait is ridiculous.

Just spent 20 mins waiting on a one time password to be sent to protonmail.

You could literally have employed a human to code my email in raw HTML & CSS from a template.

And it would probably have been faster.

One has to wonder why Bioware didn't install something a bit more user friendly,

Like encrypting each launcher with its own, unique PGP key that could be verified digitally at startup.

Or simply set the IP check to be by country rather than city.

The ironic thing about the IP settings is, it allows easier access to people who pretty much don't give a monkeys about security and float about the net on a static IP, where those of us that like to be a bit more sporadic are constantly harassed by an ineffective security procedure prompting for OTPs

At least if you really HAVE to do this, make your smtp server faster / get more of them / just make the whole process optional - because thanks but no thanks

I usually get the one time password email within a minute or two using Gmail. I have a security key so in the times I've tested it or had to get a one-time password I have never had issues with receiving the email within a minute or two.

Could be your email hosting provider or something else outside of the BW mail server but who knows.

All I can suggest is to use a security key so you don't have to use the one time password system anymore.

just make the whole process optional

The OTP procedure *is* optional, but to opt out, you must, as suggested above, get the security key app.

Which app?

Well, on iOS and Android, there is the official SWTOR app from the main app store, *but* any TOTP key-generator will do the job. That could be something like OTP Auth (I use this for my second account) on a phone, or WinAuth on your PC, or even one of the various incarnations of Google Authenticator.

Use this, and you will never (unless changing phones) have to see a one-time password email again.