EricMusco

• Dev Post

Hey folks,

Please us this thread for any and all feedback regarding the Ossus Daily and Weekly Missions. Reminder that crit pat/story Missions will not be accessible on PTS. Also, use this thread only for feedback, please post any bugs on the PTS Bug Report Forum. Be as specific as possible on your feedback including Mission names, locations, etc.

Thanks everyone.

-eric

Edited by EricMusco

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With a Sawbones Scoundrel the Heroics are impossible exceptionally with the Sith their aoe's kill me with in 3 ticks. I was using level 50 companion and 252 gear augmented 240. I couldn't get them down past half. Only dps was companion and I couldn't out heal there aoe's. The other Heroics were just as bad the elites hit way to hard and was dead in a few hits. The Elites in open world were ok except the Siths there aoe's are just as bad as the Heroic once and kill me with in 3 ticks. The rest of the Elites are ok took damage but survivable. Edited by Blurch
For got to inclued the other Heroics

With a Sawbones Scoundrel the Heroics are impossible exceptionally with the Sith their aoe's kill me with in 3 ticks. I was using level 50 companion and 252 gear augmented 240. I couldn't get them down past half. Only dps was companion and I couldn't out heal there aoe's. The other Heroics were just as bad the elites hit way to hard and was dead in a few hits. The Elites in open world were ok except the Siths there aoe's are just as bad as the Heroic once and kill me with in 3 ticks. The rest of the Elites are ok took damage but survivable.

Have to agree with this. I have 248 gear and my healer can heal up to a point and then I have a problem. It might be a bit overtuned at the end with the last Sith Lord with the relic. And the weekly is not giving progressing. I did all the dailies and it did not give me credit for the weekly (and I did over 5)

Heroic-Dispel the Darknesss

Edited by casirabit

I can't stress this enough cause you made the same mistake with Iokath power shards and unassembled components as well:

MAKE RELICS OF OSSUS AND MASTERWORK DATACRYSTALS LEGACY CURRENCIES JUST LIKE COMMAND TOKENS!!!!

It's late 2018 ffs and still you introduce more alt unfriendly currencies for literally no reason. The """tech""" is there, we can all see it, just implement it for these new currencies PLEASE.

Edited by EricMusco

ETA: oops, wrong thread. Let me reword this then:

I'm liking the mechanic you've introduced with the Test Genosian Serum mission. Fun. :-)

Also, making those sensors you have to activate look like loot you've forgotten to pick up makes it a lot easier to complete the mission since you can't accidentally miss spotting them. Well done!

Edited by AggiePunbot

One small problem.

With a new build character you cannot get to Ossus, as you have no ship (unless you do the story through the capital planet)

You can simply start Chapter one of the Kotfe or Kotet Story.

Than you will get your ship. :)

You can simply start Chapter one of the Kotfe or Kotet Story.

Than you will get your ship. :)

Ummm… Galactic command does not show Kotfe of Kotet until they are started, and the only terminal I know of is on the ship. Is here another one I am not aware of?

hey folks,

Please us this thread for any and all feedback regarding the Ossus Daily and Weekly Missions. Reminder that crit pat/story Missions will not be accessible on PTS. Also, use this thread only for feedback, please post any bugs on the PTS Bug Report Forum. Be as specific as possible on your feedback including Mission names, locations, etc.

Thanks everyone.

-eric

I really fancy testing out the daily area as I think feedback will help it not be the toxic wasteland that is Iokath (I avoid those dailies like the plague as they are just not fun). I worried about the story being spoiled. Will any of the dailies reveal anything about the upcoming story?

I am eager to test Ossus, but I cannot download the patch. I never deleted the PTS patch for the Rishi SH. Could that be interfering? It gets as far as Main assets 286, 66%, then everything freezes. No other programs on my computer work properly at that time--terrible lag (we're talking minutes between clicking on a program and it opening if it doesn't time out altogether).

Any suggestions? If I need to delete the old PTS files, where can I find them or what are their names. I don't want to delete the entire game by accident!

I really fancy testing out the daily area as I think feedback will help it not be the toxic wasteland that is Iokath (I avoid those dailies like the plague as they are just not fun). I worried about the story being spoiled. Will any of the dailies reveal anything about the upcoming story?

[Heroic] Information Appropriation has a cutscene that is highly spoilerific, so I would suggest avoiding that mission if you are worried about such things.

I've managed to clear most ot the heroics solo (pub and imp). Hold the Line (pub) has been the one that has felt most overtuned to me. I've managed it by killing the silvers and golds that don't respawn one by one, running away constantly and when normals are thats left grinding it out. Whether this is considered a problem or not depends on if these are intended to be done solo or as a group. I'm in min-maxed 248/240aug gear as a scoundrel/operative healer with a level 50 ranged companion.

I can't get a response for this in general on the PTS, so maybe someone here will answer: the heroics used to be on the daily board. for my chars on the PTS they aren't. i've found start points for 3 of 4 missions at various speeder landing zones, haven't been able to find that last one. where are other people getting the heroics?

I am eager to test Ossus, but I cannot download the patch. I never deleted the PTS patch for the Rishi SH. Could that be interfering? It gets as far as Main assets 286, 66%, then everything freezes. No other programs on my computer work properly at that time--terrible lag (we're talking minutes between clicking on a program and it opening if it doesn't time out altogether).

Any suggestions? If I need to delete the old PTS files, where can I find them or what are their names. I don't want to delete the entire game by accident!

Yes I had to delete the old pts before I could download the new pts. It would just be stuck “downloading.

• Dev Post
Query: Are the reputation items for Ossus meant to have Drastically (less than half) values compared to EVERY other reputation?:rak_02:

This is an intended change, yes. There are other changes surrounding it though you may not have yet experienced. Basically rep for Osuss looks like this:

• Individual tokens reward less than before.
  • You can more consistently get rep tokens from content, ex: the world bosses regularly drop tokens.
  • The weekly cap for Ossus reputation is higher than other reps.

This re-balance of rep is meant to allow players who play a lot to earn more rep than they could before while also removing the situation where a player ends up with tokens in their inventory they can't even use. Definitely let us know your thoughts on this change as you are playing.

-eric

None that I saw. Now I haven't done the heroics---my main is a smuggler healer and so she has a bit of a problem doing the heroics but the normal dailies don't or I wouldn't do them.

This is an intended change, yes. There are other changes surrounding it though you may not have yet experienced. Basically rep for Osuss looks like this:

• You can more consistently get rep tokens from content, ex: the world bosses regularly drop tokens.

This re-balance of rep is meant to allow players who play a lot to earn more rep than they could before while also removing the situation where a player ends up with tokens in their inventory they can't even use. Definitely let us know your thoughts on this change as you are playing.

-eric

Eric,

Is the heroics meant for a group or for solo/with companion. If solo then you may want to check the output of the bosses in them. I have a smuggler healer (she is 248 gear with 240 aguments) and a level 50 companion and not able to complete the heroic. I don't want it simple but I do want to be able to complete it.

None that I saw. Now I haven't done the heroics---my main is a smuggler healer and so she has a bit of a problem doing the heroics but the normal dailies don't or I wouldn't do them.

Thank you. I downloaded the patch (which was quick as I already have the pts downloaded from the rishi stuff). I got sidetracked decorating a stronghold though - then the server went down. I shall take a look at the weekend.

-eric

Could you provide the current base values (before guild bonus)

hey folks,

Thanks everyone.

-eric

2 Things:

1 I downloaded the PTS and when logging into it, it showed no available server now is this meant to be like this as the PTS is supposedly still offline and when It comes online will it have a server for me to log into?

2 The direct sale items for the haunted gravestones and such are not on the cartel market are they supposed to be on there later in the next few days or was that a mistype on swtor.com?

Ummm… Galactic command does not show Kotfe of Kotet until they are started, and the only terminal I know of is on the ship. Is here another one I am not aware of?

If you click the "chapters" button in the menu system at the top (default location) of your screen you can choose to advance your toon's story to 1st chapter of the 2nd KOTxx expansion. That will grant you your ship, and allow you access to the odessan areas "inside" of the buildings there.

2 Things:

1 I downloaded the PTS and when logging into it, it showed no available server now is this meant to be like this as the PTS is supposedly still offline and when It comes online will it have a server for me to log into?

PTS Has no server to chose from. There is only one server and everyone goes to that server so you will not have a server to choose from.