Fix dps sorcerer please @ericmusco @whateverdevisleft

Dacri

devs, please buff dps sorc. Its been 2 good years of being the worse class in the whole game, its been more than enough punishment for these past 2 years where every single class counters us, even healers counter us lol.

I get why you nerfed the class so much that time ago, but it is really dumb to have kept it that way, when every single class that used to counter you, now just farms you easily. as a mara you can legit have 1 hand on the pc, the other one on your drink and still dont even need to use a single dcd/cd to kill a sorc lol. same for merc, op, etc.

Me as a humble disciple of the greatest sorcerer of all times Mudclot shall ask you devs to fix the current state of sorcerers, all you gotta do is work on our DCDs where we can like the old times survive long enough to not be trashed, trolled, thrown on.

1 post=1 pray for jiraya the greatest guardian of all times

pd: im srs this time

When a sorc as skilled as Dacri comes to the forums begging for compassion you know the class is in an awful state. :D

Hey Dacri, what do you want improved upon for which spec though?

Madness? Lightning? Exactly what do you think they need?

When a sorc as skilled as Dacri comes to the forums begging for compassion you know the class is in an awful state. :D

Hey Dacri, what do you want improved upon for which spec though?

Madness? Lightning? Exactly what do you think they need?

lol thanks for saying that. Id improve survability and consistent damage over all. Madness is just fluff dmg that cant kill anyone within 40 seconds lol. Any other class/spec takes like half the time to bring someone from 100 to 0.

Lightning is supposed to be a burst class, where the highest crit you will ever get is 16k (???????????????????????????????????????????????????) lightning has always been a class to be played by alphas though vs stacked teams, but the state of the DPS you can pull off it, in any 1v1 scenario compared to other burst classes is laughable. For sure needs to be reworked.

Thing is also, if you play sorc dps in regs, YOU NEED TO HAVE a pocket healer lol, which pisses me off. Why do I have to rely on others, because my class is trash? Everyone can do just fine for really high amount of time if his DCDs are played well.

im mad now, fear me

devs, please buff dps sorc. Its been 2 good years of being the worse class in the whole game, its been more than enough punishment for these past 2 years where every single class counters us, even healers counter us lol.

I get why you nerfed the class so much that time ago, but it is really dumb to have kept it that way, when every single class that used to counter you, now just farms you easily. as a mara you can legit have 1 hand on the pc, the other one on your drink and still dont even need to use a single dcd/cd to kill a sorc lol. same for merc, op, etc.

Me as a humble disciple of the greatest sorcerer of all times Mudclot shall ask you devs to fix the current state of sorcerers, all you gotta do is work on our DCDs where we can like the old times survive long enough to not be trashed, trolled, thrown on.

1 post=1 pray for jiraya the greatest guardian of all times

pd: im srs this time

Stopped playing my sorc DPS, switched to heals and now just run a merc for my face melting needs.

Changes needed to sorc:

• Hits above 20k for TB
  • More survivability when being face smashed, I mean look at sniper right now; they just stand there and take half our health without even bothering to run.
  • Perhaps increase our self instant heal slightly.

But something needs to give, more burst or more survivability. Perhaps you can try both, but smaller increments.

madness died with force lightning and the horribly implemented cast while moving. move on.

Buff Serenity/Hatred too please, and nerf sorcs.

the dmg wud have to get a serious nerf if they increased survivability

Edited by LeglessChair

Lightning dps needs a rework, fundamentally. It's a spec that doesn't really know what it wants to be. It's supposed to be a ranged burst spec but it's concentrated around AoE damage which is done better by pressure specs.

Its single target burst through TB is barely noticeable. It lacks the survivability to be competitive in group ranked unless you are playing some sort of bridge or run around the hut "strat". in solos, you better buy some nice running shoes because you'll be doing figure 8s around the arena hoping your team can kill someone on the other side before they get you.

1.) Single target burst increase, flat single target dps increase, lower focus on AoE damage

2.) Passive DR increase - something to compete with mara cloak of pain 20% flat DR or sniper 20% defense in cover

- Possibly make bubble stronger, up less frequently, and less force cost when cast on yourself as opposed to other players

3.) To compensate, I'd want to see the spammy offheals be brought in line with merc offheals - up less often but still useful

I think you'd have a less gimmicky class and something you could take into competitive group ranked with those changes.

1.) Single target burst increase, flat single target dps increase, lower focus on AoE damage

2.) Passive DR increase - something to compete with mara cloak of pain 20% flat DR or sniper 20% defense in cover

- Possibly make bubble stronger, up less frequently, and less force cost when cast on yourself as opposed to other players

3.) To compensate, I'd want to see the spammy offheals be brought in line with merc offheals - up less often but still useful

chain lightning not breaking any mezzes even remotely near the primary target would nice too

one of the most exciting and challenging things to do in swtor is to 1v1 a fury mara as lightning

Extremely challenging, especially in the open with no LoS about. I’d actually like to see a Lightning Sorc successfully beat a skilled Mara in that situation as I believe it’s impossible. More likely, the best the Sorc can hope for is the Mara gives up in frustration due to a stale mate and runs off. What ever the outcome, it will be a drawn out fight.

Edited by TrixxieTriss