Cheating

Kenwefomu

I recently returned to the game and i have to say is there is a lot of hacking. evident in pvp.

I recently seen in novare coast a team take the west console spawning from east. they took the console in the first 5 seconds of the match. its impossible to get there and take the console in under that amount of time.

Also experienced getting one shot thru reflection.

seen instantly planted bombs in voidstar

I've had friends tell me that this has been going on for a long time that lead to a them cancelling subs.

Has anyone seen any hacks?

If you cannot protect the integrity of the game why should i invest my time and money?

Get these hackers

I recently returned to the game and i have to say is there is a lot of hacking. evident in pvp.

I recently seen in novare coast a team take the west console spawning from east. they took the console in the first 5 seconds of the match. its impossible to get there and take the console in under that amount of time.

Also experienced getting one shot thru reflection.

seen instantly planted bombs in voidstar

I've had friends tell me that this has been going on for a long time that lead to a them cancelling subs.

Has anyone seen any hacks?

If you cannot protect the integrity of the game why should i invest my time and money?

Get these hackers

you should go read Dev tracker. they are aware of these issues. And are currently about to roll out some fixes to stop it.

• 2 weeks later...
I personally don't play PVP much at all and I had no idea you could even hack in SWTOR. But if that's the case, as it is with all games, it needs to be fixed ASAP.

Location hacks are a thing. So capping nodes prior to match starting, does happen unfortunately. However, aside from location hacks I have yet to see evidence of any other hacks, so for example, OP getting "one shot" through reflect probably just got hit with something that isn't reflectable (i.e. AOEs for all reflect, melee attacks for jugs, etc.). But as a previous poster mentioned, they are putting some things in place that will hopefully fix the hacks the location hacks.

Starforge sever

level 70 warrior

instant capping nods and hiding under the nods.

please check him out! he gloats about being caught

please ban or suspend him immediatley

Edited by Kenwefomu

After some conversations i have been told he's been reported by multiple people. So far i know of 4 people who reported him weeks ago. And nothing happens. What is wrong with your investigations of hacking? why do you allow these things to continue? why is this guy not being investigated?

Starforge sever

level 70 warrior named ******

instant capping nods and hiding under the nods.

please check him out! he gloats about being caught

please ban or suspend him immediatley

I would edit out the players name, otherwise you can face a ban yourself. and send a message directly to Eric or Keith. make sure to include all the usual info- server, faction, guild, name of toon, and time. and any photos or videos that you posses.

Edited by CrazyScruffy

I would edit out the players name, otherwise you can face a ban yourself. and send a message directly to Eric or Keith. make sure to include all the usual info- server, faction, guild, name of toon, and time. and any photos or videos that you posses.

I would suggest you edit out the name in the quoted text as well.

After some conversations i have been told he's been reported by multiple people. So far i know of 4 people who reported him weeks ago. And nothing happens. What is wrong with your investigations of hacking? why do you allow these things to continue? why is this guy not being investigated?

It is not that easy to explain.

You have to imagine that the team is very very small now and they have A LOT to do. The end of the ranked season is coming and there will be a lot of work to exclude the wintraders from the top3 positions for example. After the rewards were annouced the wintrading started again so they are probably busy with that and many other daily accusations people send them.

So the only thing you can do is report and be patient.

It is not that easy to explain.

You have to imagine that the team is very very small now and they have A LOT to do. The end of the ranked season is coming and there will be a lot of work to exclude the wintraders from the top3 positions for example. After the rewards were annouced the wintrading started again so they are probably busy with that and many other daily accusations people send them.

So the only thing you can do is report and be patient.

And they have to carefully investigate each accusation. They can't just assume because a couple people reported someone they are cheating, they people could all be guildies or friends who are reporting someone for beating them. And OP's original post where he talks about getting "one-shot" through reflect is a perfect example of why, there is no hack to do that, if you got globaled through reflect it just means you were attacked by abilities that reflect doesn't work on. But that's not a hack, and BW has to investigate that claim as well as the location hacks, which pushes the time it takes to get to the location hack back.

To be clear, I'm not defending on how quickly BW responds to hacking allegations, clearly they happen. But just as clearly, they get a lot of reports that are just not true, that they still have to go through, and that slows an already too-slow process down even more. They should add an additional dropdown with "location hack" and "anything else" and then basically ignore the anything else reports...