Decorating Hook Packs

Lunafox

I asked for this a while back, but can't find the original thread...so I'm asking again. With all the lovely decorations coming out on the market, and still plenty of space available in our homes, would it be possible to sell 'packs' of hooks?

Maybe in increments of 20 or something, any size hook, but numbering 20 and up. I would love to populate my houses with more people but I have my decos the way I like them and need more space for people. :)

Hope you consider it, thanks.

I haven't got into strongholds myself at all so far (literally only have a mailbox and storage bay in the ones I own lol), but I've seen Lunafox's and other people's lovely designs and dedication towards them. So, considering this would support them in continuing to do so and pad SWTOR's war chest at the same time, I'm all for the idea! :)

I haven't got into strongholds myself at all so far (literally only have a mailbox and storage bay in the ones I own lol), but I've seen Lunafox's and other people's lovely designs and dedication towards them. So, considering this would support them in continuing to do so and pad SWTOR's war chest at the same time, I'm all for the idea! :)

Thank you so much for the lovely compliment and the support. I appreciate it. :)

We could use more hooks, that's for sure.

I would especially love to see the max increased on guild flagships. Some of those rooms are really big and also quite sparsely decorated. The more rooms you unlock, the harder it gets to fill them up.

I'd pay a reasonable number of CC to increase the max on my strongholds, but not as much as I imagine they'd want to charge, based on the price of vehicles, weapons, and armor. I'd also pay CC to get an increase in the X/Y movement to something greater than +/- 20.

I think my love of stronghold decorating lessened somewhat during the merge, when it didn't work the way they promised. Now, people who copied characters to other servers have triple the Prestige of others and there is literally no way to catch up. Ever.

Edited by Xina_LA

I'd pay a reasonable number of CC to increase the max on my strongholds, but not as much as I imagine they'd want to charge, based on the price of vehicles, weapons, and armor. I'd also pay CC to get an increase in the X/Y movement to something greater than +/- 20.

This too, so often many problems for me would be solved if I could even move something '30' rather than '20'. That would be a wonderful addition as well. :)

Just remove the hook system problem solved for everyone and now we can build how we want.

Ideally, that would be great, but I was thinking of what might be easiest for them, and also help fund the game, so we can hopefully get more stories and strongholds and such in the future. :)

I support unlocks for increasing available hooks since I think conquest no longer depends on filling up your stronghold.

HOWEVER, I really feel we need to have a heart to heart with the devs about hook placement before that helps.

Just remove the hook system problem solved for everyone and now we can build how we want.

Just about every MMO I've played with housing uses some variation on the hook theme, including FF XI, DCUO, and SWTOR ... with the notable exception of Star Wars Galaxies.

It's never going to happen. SWG's property ownership and decorating freedom will never be duplicated in SWTOR. SWG created a unique ID number for every object in a house, which was considered a container positioned at unique coordinates on each planet with buildable zones. When you consider that there were cabinets and backpacks and other containers within the container that was the house, and you could have up to 10 lots, that occupied real sections of explorable maps within the galaxy ... yeah, it will never happen.

If they doubled the distance we can move furniture on the X/Y axis (from 20 to 40), the hooks wouldn't be as much of an issue. We'd finally be able to put some of those Large decorations up against walls (IE: weapons racks). We could get the rugs underneath the conversation circles. We could even overlap decorations to make all new ones.

I'm not sure how difficult it is to achieve this, but it must be easier than getting rid of hooks altogether.

Now imagine that our Centerpiece hooks had a grid of Medium and Medium Narrow hooks (the same way a Large hook has a grid of Small hooks). Personnel could stand next to fountains, big statues, and pergolas.

If a Starship hook broke down into smaller hooks just like it does now, but the Large hooks retained their grid of Small hooks, our decorating options would expand again.

They mentioned some Stronghold system upgrades with the release of the Rishi SH. Hopefully we'll see these in it.

I would pay Cartel Coins to unlock Flagship expansions and hook limit increases.

Edited by Xina_LA

If they doubled the distance we can move furniture on the X/Y axis (from 20 to 40), the hooks wouldn't be as much of an issue. We'd finally be able to put some of those Large decorations up against walls (IE: weapons racks). We could get the rugs underneath the conversation circles. We could even overlap decorations to make all new ones.

I'm not sure how difficult it is to achieve this, but it must be easier than getting rid of hooks altogether.

Now imagine that our Centerpiece hooks had a grid of Medium and Medium Narrow hooks (the same way a Large hook has a grid of Small hooks). Personnel could stand next to fountains, big statues, and pergolas.

If a Starship hook broke down into smaller hooks just like it does now, but the Large hooks retained their grid of Small hooks, our decorating options would expand again.

They mentioned some Stronghold system upgrades with the release of the Rishi SH. Hopefully we'll see these in it.

I would pay Cartel Coins to unlock Flagship expansions and hook limit increases.

I agree that extending the ability to move the furniture 30 or 40 spaces up from twenty would be awesome and help with a lot of things to make the hook system more versatile and effective. I've always hated the large gaps between some decos and the walls.

I've been begging them for at least small hooks on centerpiece squares for ages, so that we can populate centerpiece areas like the bars, and gazebos and such, so definitely that would be amazing too.

As for unlocking more of the starships, well, I feel that it's become too prohibitive for a small guild like mine, in which it's basically me and my family. I've opened parts of it, but I doubt we'll ever get the whole thing done. I wish it was a bit easier. It would certainly give me more to do between content releases and I'd be inclined to spend more too to get added decos for the ship.

I know what you mean about unlocking guild flagships for small family guilds. It was a slog before. Now it's impossible. Our biggest methods of earning conquest points or crafting items have been taken away. They keep saying we'll be able to earn more, faster, but so far it's been the opposite.

Didn't they say that there would be some Stronghold improvements released along with the new Rishi SH?

Does anyone know what sort of improvements they're talking about?

I know what you mean about unlocking guild flagships for small family guilds. It was a slog before. Now it's impossible. Our biggest methods of earning conquest points or crafting items have been taken away. They keep saying we'll be able to earn more, faster, but so far it's been the opposite.

Didn't they say that there would be some Stronghold improvements released along with the new Rishi SH?

Does anyone know what sort of improvements they're talking about?

Sadly, I don't know about any 'improvements' they've promised. I hope someone will enlighten us and I hope they do make it better for small guilds to unlock the ships. Maybe they can do a ratio of active members to what you need or something. :/