One Time Password required every damn day.

Halundaar

How come i need to log into my Mailbox to type an extra password every day I want to play this game?

I didn't find any way to disable that, and regarding the amount of bugs this game and platform have i am pretty sure there isn't?

I know, it's annoying as all hell. I've been using the very same computer everyday for the last year and a half! The IP never changes [at least I don't think it does.].

Either way, it's ridiculous and it incenses me.

We're paying customers, ya think maybe they should have a computer that can verify us as on file?

Edited by WayOfTheWarriorx

lord do I know. I have crap wifi on campus and there are days where I use my mobile hotspot to play and wind up having to type in that fricking password multiple times. Also whenever I log in on my phone, whenever I switch networks, etc etc etc they really need to start remembering frequent IP addresses

I know, it's annoying as all hell. I've been using the very same computer everyday for the last year and a half! The IP never changes [at least I don't think it does.].

Most security software changes your IP address periodically as a precaution (you can set it not to, but most people use the default settings). Also, resetting, turning off, or disconnecting your modem changes your IP address. Your IP address is not directly tied to your computer so using the same computer does not prevent it from having the IP address changed.

Most security software changes your IP address periodically as a precaution (you can set it not to, but most people use the default settings). Also, resetting, turning off, or disconnecting your modem changes your IP address. Your IP address is not directly tied to your computer so using the same computer does not prevent it from having the IP address changed.

You gotta love smart people. I wonder what that's like.

Edited by WayOfTheWarriorx

1. On your home network, your computer's IP is determined by your router, but that IP is only valid within your network. One of the router's jobs is to translate your IP into the IP that your modem has been assigned by your ISP.

2. Some ISPs keep the same IP address for you over a long period, but some will change every time you log on.

3. If you connect through different ISPs, networks, etc, - such as home, school, and/or work - those different ISPs will assign different IPs.

4. Most importantly, whenever your IP changes, SWTOR requests an OTP as a security measure. (To help prevent hackers from accessing your account from a different location.)

5. If you often log in from various locations and/or your ISP gives you a new IP each time, the best way around it is to add a security key to your account.

Btw, you can also get an OTP request after hardware changes to your computer, or your ISP. I got an OTP request yesterday after updating my BIOS and Windows to fix the Meltdown/Spectre vulnerability.

Edited by JediQuaker

You can also use the Google authenticator app for login instead of the SWTOR app. That app can be used for other applications beyond games. Solves the email log-in issue and gains you 100 cc a month as has been pointed out.