A name I had for 5 years?

Glnndudley

Forcing me to change characters names (one is my nickname RL) and I have had for about 5 years, How exactly is that fair??? Another Name I came up with (there wasn't anything others on any server) again getting forced to change my characters name??

Honestly I have dealt with your shady Business practices and your double talking for awhile now and I'm feed up with it. The best thing that can happen to this title now is for it to get sued. By all means Ban my account you can take your worthless company and shove it where the sun doesn't shine, I'm over the bull ****.

Sub > Playtime

So sad... :(

Since he posted here, he has a sub.

It's more like the other guy had more playtime with that name than he did.

He may not have been subbed that whole 5 years. If he was, and the other guy was subbed for the same amount of time, then their play-time would have been the deciding factor.

Just add an alt code dude, its what everyone else did.

Or a surname separated by a space. Or split two parts with an apostrophe or dash.

Kylarina lost her name during the Great Name Unlock of 2.X (entirely my fault), so I called her Lyuze.

I bought a rename because I couldn't find Kylarina with /friend (but of course the new Kylarina's on the other faction), so it sat there sneering at me from the Character panel until recently. I finally actually pressed it after the merge to check my chances. No. But "Kylarina Lyuze" is now mine.

I'd also observe that for me, at least, certain "alt codes" are naturally on my keyboard: éèçàùâêîôûäëïöüµ AZERTY FTW!

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry about that OP, but things happen. I wish someone had said something a couple months before the changes happened.

Oh wait... THEY DID...

Not going to lie - they could have done a better job on the details and communication, but if you had been playing the game and had an active sub the DAY we merged then you in theory shouldn't have lost your names.

Some people planned ahead (Like years ago) and had same favorite names on multiple servers.

Forcing me to change characters names (one is my nickname RL) and I have had for about 5 years, How exactly is that fair??? Another Name I came up with (there wasn't anything others on any server) again getting forced to change my characters name??

Honestly I have dealt with your shady Business practices and your double talking for awhile now and I'm feed up with it. The best thing that can happen to this title now is for it to get sued. By all means Ban my account you can take your worthless company and shove it where the sun doesn't shine, I'm over the bull ****.

It's unfair to you? How would it be fair to the other person if they had to change their name? :t_confused:

In this situation, someone is going to get the short end of the stick. This time it was you. Just change the name and move on... it's still the same character.

I kinda do think its some what unfair. If you are the incumbent from another server coming to a new server. If that incumbent has same name to an establish resident of that server. Then that incumbent should have to change their name not the established resident already on that new server.

I kinda do think its some what unfair. If you are the incumbent from another server coming to a new server. If that incumbent has same name to an establish resident of that server. Then that incumbent should have to change their name not the established resident already on that new server.

These new servers were just that, New Servers. There were no "incumbents". They did what was the best way. The subscribed person with the most PLAYED TIME, got the name. It didn't matter if you made your name on launch day, if you then just let the character languish unplayed.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have a collectors ed and my sin was pre-release.

Darth Vicious is now Darth Nihilich ... smh

• 2 months later...
Thank you Setokai, appreciate the response and link. :D

Protip: use the alt code on one of the last letters if people have any reason to search your name (for group invites or whatnot). If you make it the 2nd character no one will he able to find you (if that's your goal go for it).