A plea to devs

Monterone

Now, I realize that this is a long shot and the staff may not have enough time or resources to do something like this, but it would be nice to test out at least - I know it's worked in other games.

Modify bolster - the system is already in place... when you enter a warzone, ranked or non, everyone is bolstered up or down to the exact same level and gear. If you PvP outside of those places, you're on your own, set you own gear any way you want to for tourneys and dueling and so on. Bolster can still take into account how you min/maxed your gear, if you want more crit or more alacrity etc.

So, whether everyone is 248, or 242, or 150 or 300, it doesn't matter - PvP is about skill, not about some ungodly command grind that takes months to get anywhere.

Wouldn't this at least be worth a test on Test Server?

The devs have explicitly stated they want a gear grind to be in place, so I think it's futile to ask for everyone be equal. It would be nice, sure, but it's not going to happen.

(Not that the bolster isn't more than adequate to perform decently in at least unranked.)

Bolster is nice for lows and mids, but not the answer for 70s/ ranked - we don't need a better bolster but a pvp set that is more or less easily to get and isn't really useful for pve like in 4.0... why did you get rid of that in the first place?

Probably the same people who thought it was a good idea to implement pvp and pve instances xP

(here too, system was good, want to do quest or stuff, just don't heal or attack anybody that is in pvp/enemy and you're good - pvp servers? - well bad luck, you chose it so deal with getting farmed or get a team to kill them away)

When we launched Eternal Throne Bolster increased everyone’s item rating up to 250 (which was 8 higher than the highest possible gear rating of 242 at the time). This meant that gear was irrelevant in PvP as Bolster made an equal playing field. However, it is our design intent that players in all gameplay have some form of gear progression and so in Game Update 5.1 we lowered the effect of Bolster in PvP to 232. To compensate for the launch of Tier 4 gear we increased Bolsters effect in PvP to item rating 238.

Quoted from here: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=926155

They want gear to matter, and no amount of us begging in that thread made any difference in their stance on that.

Edited by teclado

Quoted from here: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=926155

They want gear to matter, and no amount of us begging in that thread made any difference in their stance on that.

Also there was more to it than was stated because during that period that we supposedly had "equality" we actually didn't because the DvL was bugged.

We don't really know what would happen if there was gear equality.

For pve'ers farming gear is actually way too fast compared to other mmos - but pvp gear is almost always not important to actually do pvp, or you have a really fast way of getting it. Technically you could get your entire 236 stuff in one day if you have an 8 people group that runs with you all the sm ops.

not so in pvp :p

Personally I don't care, I have full 248 since forever, using ua pieces to buy tier 4 stuff for cosmetic purposes only :p

But pvp is not pve because in pve you don't take somebody into your ops team that has no experience, didn't do the op before on mm or something like that. You might even leave people behind that have only 230 stuff or not even that.

You don't have that option in pvp, we need to get along with whatever we get and if somebody runs wzs naked, you can't do a thing about it :)