Skipping bonus and other things in Flashpoints

I'm sick and tired of people joining flashpoint just to skip the easy mini-bosses and bonuses. It is a pain in the butt to join a flashpoint only have them skip 3/4 of it! I did not join a flashpoint to skip! Is there a group out there that won't skip or an option to stop this so you can enjoy the flashpoint how it was posted to be then how people CHEAT it to be. I love it if there even a guild that has something like that but I doubt it but I'm just saying it hard to enjoy it when there people who only want to Spacebar and rush through the game without enjoying it. I have been playing this game ever since it first came out. It is sad how it is now compared to how it used to be.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Try asking at the begining if people are willing to watch cutsceanes and do bonus. I don't mind doing it when asked.

That said, it is understandable people wanting to skip stuff after the 6th Taral V in a row, just as an example.

I'm sick and tired of people joining flashpoint just to skip the easy mini-bosses and bonuses. It is a pain in the butt to join a flashpoint only have them skip 3/4 of it! I did not join a flashpoint to skip! Is there a group out there that won't skip or an option to stop this so you can enjoy the flashpoint how it was posted to be then how people CHEAT it to be. I love it if there even a guild that has something like that but I doubt it but I'm just saying it hard to enjoy it when there people who only want to Spacebar and rush through the game without enjoying it. I have been playing this game ever since it first came out. It is sad how it is now compared to how it used to be.

Personally if someone asks to watch the cut scenes I usually don't mind (unless I'm on a time limit) However as for the combat, I do want to skip as much as possible. If someone asks about the bonus bonus and the rest of the group agree's I'm usually ok with that to. I've seen and done the FP's hundreds of times each. So doing it quickly is a plus.

Next time that happens remind them you asked about it at the beginning and they didn't answer and you are not a mind reader so you figured since they didn't say nope it was okay.

My boyfriend and I normally state up front that we would prefer not to but if someone speaks up and says they would like to we don't have a problem, but if they don't speak up we are skipping them.

Edited by casirabit

Can only confirm what people said before: communicate. If you ask for bonus or all bosses or cut-scences people will take a stand. But if you ask "can we..." be prepared to accept if people decline. It is your choice whether to stay in or not in that case.

Since CXP of bosses is rather low while the reward for the FP itself is ok I'd rather run it twice than once in double the time... and most people will have seen the FP countless times.

I have completed every single flashpoint except for a few 40+ times, both master and veteran. I don't see how I can enjoy killing trash mobs for 50th time in the same spot. If it's skippable, I'll skip it. There are plenty of things to do in this game and I'd rather be done with my daily/weekly/achievement and move on. Plus, I like doing things quickly, so yes, I will stealth skip, use speed buff on cooldown, run around huge groups if it is possible. Imo finding a perfect route through is even more fun than a traditional "kill it all" way. Sometimes I still find new routes for skipping which is amazing considering how many times I played them all.

That said, if you ask to do bonus or to watch cutscenes, I don't mind at all. I usually watch youtube/twitch/tv series between queues anyway, so while you watch your cutscenes, I'll just tab out. But sorry, by default if nothing is said I assume that we skip as much as possible. Especially if most of the group are lvl70s/Legendary players and such. In like 99% of the cases they couldn't care less about cutscenes and trash mobs. Most people I played with actually are grateful when you show them a quick way through.

So yeah, just ask. Communicate if you want something. If you are new, it's always a good idea to tell your team about that. So that if you do something stupid, they don't get mad right away (some will still do but oh well) and be more understanding. If you want bonus, ask. I did that myself all the time when I was doing achievements. If I am the tank, I often don't ask but just tell them that we do it :D

Don't get mad at people when you didn't tell them anything. As I said, most of the players skip by default and that's how it will always be. This game is many years old, even 1-2 years of playing group content is enough to learn it all by heart.

Edited by Equeliber

I need to get in the habit of suggesting bonuses, at least for veteran fps. I know in Taral V, you probably should do the one bonus that involves destroying power stations, to make the final boss easier. And some of it does take a while, but it is extra CXP, and the bonus boss drops a CXP pack.

But half the time, when I say hi, I get ignored(not /ignore, just no response). Everyone treats the game like it's a job. It's not; it's a game! Have fun and chillax.

The only time I'm in a rush is if it's close to me leaving for something, but then I usually just do heroics or crafting when I am getting ready to go somewhere, if I log in at all.

I think if you ask at start most ppl will be ok with doing skippable stuff

I usually ask tho there are some that every1 expects to do bonus (korri) or to skip bonus (rishi) so I dnt rly bother asking :)

Avoid HS tho :p Ppl rage if u take half a second longer than TTLY necessary :)

So yes there are ppl who will do the whole FP

You just need 2 ask :)

With master mode FP's you could try to play them as tank. I usually do all the bonus bosses and as with a somewhat competent group doing trash groups is usually as fast as getting all players jump around to avoid them, I simply pull what is in the direct way. If you do that in a fast pace, people usually just follow your lead.

I do ask if people want to do the bonus, but since there is rarely a clear answer, I simply do them and rarely get complaints.

When I am tanking an FP, I typically take lead of the group and ask the question: "Bonus or No? IDC". If ANYONE says yes, I make the effort to do the bonus. Point is communicate your preference. As many here have said already, chances are most players won't mind doing the bonus if someone wants to and asks to.

That said, usually skipping trash and doing the bonus boss are mutually exclusive (because kills are required to do the bonus boss. However, the group does not have to kill everything to unlock the bonus boss.

Lastly, from an RP perspective, it would make sense for a LS character to avoid killing when possible. Heck even a DS character could rationalize not killing everything in sight: strike team (your group) is on the clock, must complete the mission before it's "too late" which would necessitate not killing because killing takes time you do not have :p.

I used to want to do all the bonus content and kill everything. Now...No. I work 8 hours a day M-F and when I get off from work, I just want to knock out a few FP's as many WZs as possible before I have to get ready again. But I'm also non confrontational so I'll either go along with it or on the 145483457th trash pull I bounce. Edited by VigDiath

I just wish people would speak up if they want to do the bonus or watch the cutscenes. I spacebar by habit now but I prefer to watch them if the alternative is "waiting on my group members".

As for the bonus boss, it'd be nice if they'd drop something a little special. I'm often on stealth toons and some FPs you can do so quickly with a stealther in the group...it's not great for new people but what's the incentive for veterans to go after the bonus boss in, say, Athiss? Extra cxp doesn't really cut it.

Firstly, most of the FPs have a solo version. So, if people want to play, at their own pace, then play story mode and do your thing. If you are level 70, you should have done all FP's at least once, except Collicoid War Games. If you are new, just say, I am new and people will slow down. If you want to see the cut-scene, say so, but remember it's majority wins.

For master Mode, you shouldn't be watching no cut scene, the only request should be if you can do the bonus boss; and in most cases, experienced players will assess your performance and consider if it's worth it or not.

Remember, you are in a group. So if the group decides to skip trash you skip trash and if they decide to space-bar through cut scene then that's what you do or just leave.

if you are in Hammer Station/ Manadalorian Raiders FP then dont bother asking. People are just zerging to complete daily/weekly and move to next toon. No time for killing trash or watching cutscenes.

Well the real question is WHY? There are not special drops now, or at least I think there arent, so the only reason to do it, is the achievement. Unfortunately not all people do it for the achievement.

However, as it was said, there is the Solo mode and if people want to take it slow and go through the cutscenes they should do it solo and not que for Master mode FPS to watch the cutscenes! Now, you either do the Master mode FPS for the achievements (all bosses) or CXP (skip bonus), so u need to ask what kind of group you have.

Well the real question is WHY? There are not special drops now, or at least I think there arent, so the only reason to do it, is the achievement. Unfortunately not all people do it for the achievement.

However, as it was said, there is the Solo mode and if people want to take it slow and go through the cutscenes they should do it solo and not que for Master mode FPS to watch the cutscenes! Now, you either do the Master mode FPS for the achievements (all bosses) or CXP (skip bonus), so u need to ask what kind of group you have.

Got Statue of Ancient Slave on Korriban MM bonus boss the other day (which was easier than the second boss). I'm going to guess you can still get deco drops from them.

Firstly, most of the FPs have a solo version. So, if people want to play, at their own pace, then play story mode and do your thing. If you are level 70, you should have done all FP's at least once, except Collicoid War Games. If you are new, just say, I am new and people will slow down. If you want to see the cut-scene, say so, but remember it's majority wins.

For master Mode, you shouldn't be watching no cut scene, the only request should be if you can do the bonus boss; and in most cases, experienced players will assess your performance and consider if it's worth it or not.

Remember, you are in a group. So if the group decides to skip trash you skip trash and if they decide to space-bar through cut scene then that's what you do or just leave.

if you are in Hammer Station/ Manadalorian Raiders FP then dont bother asking. People are just zerging to complete daily/weekly and move to next toon. No time for killing trash or watching cutscenes.

While that may be true, some of the skipping may create problems as some of the skipping means jumping over something and some may not be able to do that very well so throwing a temper fit because they didn't jump like you do is uncalled for.

Edited by casirabit