When Schematics are Archived Question

Nevelyna

Hello everyone!

I'm sorry to bother, but I couldn't find the answer to my specific question anywhere, and I was hoping someone might be able to help me! :)

So, my 'problem' is that I have SO many schematics of the Midlithe saber/offhand/staff, and I can't even seem to give them away for a measly 1000 credits on the GTN - I believe that I can actually get more credits for them if I were to just sell them to a vendor.

Now, I was thinking that if I just hold onto a bunch of them in an Alt's inventory for a while until they (might be) archived later on in favor of something new and different, I could likely make a killing on the GTN at that point. But that would only be IF those schematics didn't just disappear from my inventory once they might be archived.

Now, my question. Does anyone have experience with archived physical schematics like this? Do you think they might stay in inventory if they're ever archived and be sell-able, or is this just a crazy pipe dream and I should just go ahead and sell them all away?

Thanks, in advance, for all of your input!

Hello everyone!

I'm sorry to bother, but I couldn't find the answer to my specific question anywhere, and I was hoping someone might be able to help me! :)

So, my 'problem' is that I have SO many schematics of the Midlithe saber/offhand/staff, and I can't even seem to give them away for a measly 1000 credits on the GTN - I believe that I can actually get more credits for them if I were to just sell them to a vendor.

Now, I was thinking that if I just hold onto a bunch of them in an Alt's inventory for a while until they (might be) archived later on in favor of something new and different, I could likely make a killing on the GTN at that point. But that would only be IF those schematics didn't just disappear from my inventory once they might be archived.

Now, my question. Does anyone have experience with archived physical schematics like this? Do you think they might stay in inventory if they're ever archived and be sell-able, or is this just a crazy pipe dream and I should just go ahead and sell them all away?

Thanks, in advance, for all of your input!

I believe they will be sellable on that basis, *but* the question of it being worth the effort depends on two things:

* Schematics don't "stack" in your inventory or your cargo hold or your legacy storage, so they'll end up taking a lot of space which you might be better off using for something else.

* There is no guarantee that there will be any interest in these (by then) antiquated schematics once they are archived.

IMO this is a "pipe dream"

The reason the archive exists in the first place is because of radical changes to stats and crafting:

1. They altered stats:
    • instead of agility, cunning, strength, and willpower, we now have mastery.
    • they removed surge and incorporated the "critical multiplier" function into critical rating
    • they transitioned shield rating from a secondary stat - on par with defense - and made it a tertiary stat - on par with absorb

[*]They removed the green tier of equipment in favor of components

[*]They further trimmed the REing path from 1 green to 3 blue to 2 to 4 purples (total eventual schematics ~13 only one or maybe two of which were desirable) down to craft components to craft a blue to RE into a purple.

Unless they do another radical alteration to stats and crafting, I do not see them ever doing another "archiving". Furthermore, the schematics you are hoarding are orange quality and do not have any inherent stats, so even if they do another archiving, chances are those midlithe sabers schematics will not be part of it.

There are just some schematics that are incredibly readily available and are therefore vendor trash when you get them. Not everything you get from playing the game is worth something to someone; vendor them and get what credits you can.

Same thing can be said of selling materials: most commonly blue quality materials are in such high supply that there GTN value falls below their vendor value. When I see this happening, I will always buy those blue materials off the GTN and just vendor them: the seller gets what they are willing to take for them and I make some credits as well :)