Tyth HM magical stomp

I have seen this happen/ be a problem with multiple groups. From time to time, but mainly after inversions, Tyth will kill an add at his feet without doing a telegraphed aoe. Does anyone know what is causing this? Is there a way to easily avoid this?

Don't put any adds in front of him or immediately behind/around, his normal attacks kill them and he gains double amount of stacks compared to if you kill the add the normal way. This is not that easy to handle with grace/lancer, but here your tank needs to be able to move the boss slightly to avoid having the boss stand ontop of one. Edited by RikuvonDrake

Don't put any adds in front of him or immediately behind/around, his normal attacks kill them and he gains double amount of stacks compared to if you kill the add the normal way.

Three times, actually.

Also, afaik, Inversion kills any add that stands within the circle.

Can't confirm that. Espacially in wave three, the adds are spawing, when Tyth starts its inversion-cast. As the boss tank, I usually aggro the adds in range, to take them with me, when flying away.

The problem is, that the boss is making his melee-range-cleave right after each inversion, right before he does his force-tech-cleave. So every add standing in front of the boss after the inversion will be hit.

The problem in the method, I use, is, when the tank, who is taking the boss after the inversion, starts with AoE (e.g. wither on a sin). That can aggro the adds, when I just pulled them with a shock or a single spot before. So, tell your tanks, to never use aoe-attacks right after the inversion. Only use them, when no adds are in range or you are sure, you won't aggro them.

Edited by Exocor

100% sure this is false, though he will do a cleave shortly after, so if you have people stay too far in front (to get punted closer), the adds won't have time to get away from in front of the boss in time.

We have had adds in the inversion circle a lot of times, and then don't die. We just have whoever they are on to stand right on the feet of Tyth so the adds have time to get out and it works very well.

Edited by Eloi_BG

This kind of problematic add (mainly guardians) is more in the late stages of the fight imo, as the first three waves are easily tankable/melt in seconds with aoe dps. What I typically do as sin tank tanking adds is vanishing before inversions that way they almost certainly go for heals after inversion. If you have any other tank I suggest you look at an inversion timer (easy to set up), and if inversion is coming too soon/you won't have time to dps all adds down, you just leave adds go on healers till the inversion (you can even leave one healer out - the one with adds - to ensure adds won't go melee range), and you tank them after. ofc the problem still lies if you got another inversion coming before boss kill and you are no sin :p

This kind of problematic add (mainly guardians) is more in the late stages of the fight imo, as the first three waves are easily tankable/melt in seconds with aoe dps. What I typically do as sin tank tanking adds is vanishing before inversions that way they almost certainly go for heals after inversion. If you have any other tank I suggest you look at an inversion timer (easy to set up), and if inversion is coming too soon/you won't have time to dps all adds down, you just leave adds go on healers till the inversion (you can even leave one healer out - the one with adds - to ensure adds won't go melee range), and you tank them after. ofc the problem still lies if you got another inversion coming before boss kill and you are no sin :p

A tank swap is also not that difficult. Let one tank collect the guardians and bring them to the opposite end of the plattform and let the other tank reduce the kick-range from the inversion as much as possible, so that he lands at the middle of the plattform. Then, he can easily using aoe-taunt, when the guardians are passing him on their way to the new boss tank. As a PT/VG it is also possible to aoe-taunt the adds on 30m range. The only wave, where it is tricky is wave 4, because the adds are spawning 5 seconds before the inversion, so you have 11 seconds to aggro 2-4 guardians and bring them to the right position without using single-taunt (needed to take the boss safely after the inversion). We usually put a shadow tank at this position, so that he can vanish right before the inversion, so the adds don't follow him to the boss.

Oh, and, before someone says "You don't have to collect them as a tank, just let the healers stand outside", I would suggest to visit 16m HM. Your healers won't survive that very long. It is also expectable, that the adds will damage even more in a possible NiM-mode, so don't get attuned to tactics, that haven't good chances to work in harder difficulties.

We are using freeze grenades for times when the adds (guardians most of the time) are difficult to be kept away from Tyth during the inversion.

Usually to stop them moving in front of him when they just spawn into the inversion or during the final phase, when the DPS are burning the boss and the second tank can't get all guardians at once. (We don't do tank swaps anymore then.)

Even if the tank which is getting pulled in and taking over Tyth throws the grenade, it doesn't cause enough threat to surpass our healer.

The adds are stopped long enough from following the healer in front of the boss and stay safe outside Tyth's attacks as the healer is tossed to the other side of the platform before the adds move again to get to him and where the second tank is taking them.

Edited by Khaleijo