#nerfmercs/mandos

Dell_Revan

How much time bioware you still play this unfair adavantage for mercs/mandos healers ???

Its unplayable 5-6 or 7 mercs agains any melee

And i repeat, as i don't ever PvP, why should my mercenary be nerfed too? How is it fair to be punished for what others do?

And i repeat, as i don't ever PvP, why should my mercenary be nerfed too? How is it fair to be punished for what others do?

And you don't even need the utilities in pve that need adjusting because pve is already so easy you can face roll a Merc in master mode.. so it's not actually going to affect you in anyway because the changes asked for are mainly utilities used for pvp.

1st of all: No.

2nd of all: If you know how to play against merc, you can kill him easily

3rd of all: Fine, but if you nerf mercs, bring back sorcs to place where they used to be before 5.0 nerf.

and 4th: Post it in PvP forum, not here.

Edited by goryllobumbum

Sadly, they always seem to balance classes in this game based in performance in PvP, not PvE. The squeaky wheels get the grease, and Flying Spaghetti Monster knows PvPers can get VERY squeaky when they don't like something.

That said, I would agree Mercs/Commandos are higher performing in both PvP and PvE right now than most other classes, though not to the hyperbolic degree some people argue.

Edited by AscendingSky

1st of all: No.

2nd of all: If you know how to play against merc, you can kill him easily

3rd of all: Fine, but if you nerf mercs, bring back sorcs to place where they used to be before 5.0 nerf.

and 4th: Post it in PvP forum, not here.

well personally ive been struggling against mercs on both my 70 marksmanship sniper and my 70 shield spec vanguard. I have won my share in grouped PvP against them but in arenas for instance if the last 2 remaining players are merc on one side and virtually anything on the other the merc has the upper hand more often then not. While i know the game isnt designed for around 1v1 encounters the disparity shouldnt be this big... it should be down to skill more so then spec. All things being equal (skill, gear, cooldowns etc.) at the moment the merc player has the upper hand by default... I accept that you cant have perfect ballance but still...

Mercs/mando's are pretty easy to kill if you know how to fight them. They are like srocs in a way where you need them to use their bubbles, once they use their defensive cooldowns then you go all out and slaughter them, also dont damage them when they have reactive shield up or their reflect ability up that way there they gain no hp then you slaughter them.

Mercs/Mandos are very simple for clickers, and a majority of players click their abilities. Meanwhile, a Vanguard: Tactics (along with several other classes) can't be played properly by clicking. Class stacking only compounds the issue. Arsenal/Gunnery are a clickers paradise, raising performance of the class.

Mercs/mando's are pretty easy to kill if you know how to fight them. They are like srocs in a way where you need them to use their bubbles, once they use their defensive cooldowns then you go all out and slaughter them, also dont damage them when they have reactive shield up or their reflect ability up that way there they gain no hp then you slaughter them.

Exactly Joe. I don't even worry about reactive shield as you can burn right through it if you focus. It's just the 6-second reflect that gets people...but after 6-seconds, they're as easy as ever.

This seems to be a recurring theme with some PVP players. Nerf this class, or that class and if you mention pve, oh that is easy even if some of the pve players are doing hard mode or NIM operations. Everything to them in pve is easy no matter what it is.

I wonder why there are some pvp players that can actually kill this class but yet some make it sound no one can.

Difference being that a merc will continue to melt your face while you "stop hitting them". Mercs are not easy to kill, especially in group combat.

Difference being that a merc will continue to melt your face while you "stop hitting them". Mercs are not easy to kill, especially in group combat.

Why would you stop hitting them? Even with the 6-second reflect up, AoE and DOT damage still ticks. Just AoE when they have the shield up.

Mercs/ mandos healers are ok. However, mercs/mandos dps specs are way too opped. Reflects, healing shield, adrenalin rush to 90% makes them almost unkillable, meanwhile other classes can be killed easily (except operatives, but former do not possess with such burst and dps outcome comparing with mercs/mandos.

Not sure which class I hate more as a Guardian dps.....sab gunslingers with their perma slow are brutal bad, commandos are a pain and great at kiting me, ops can usually get me but on the odd time I pressure them they stealth out and come back later at full health, sage healers just port away or bubble up.....so many choices....

Personally the perma slow thing is no fun at all. I think i hate that most but ops are a close second.....I hate the class because they get to start the fight and flee from the fight at will and there is nothing I can do about it. Mercs are a distant third right now.

I always laugh when people say mercs are overpowered because of too many healing abilities.

Honestly, while someone is hammering you (PvE perspective here), the merc's self heal is worthless. It is way too slow. My main method of keeping alive is shield and reactive countermeasure. Without that, I would melt. Why? Because my gear is maxed out and I usually deal WAY more damage than everyone else, and thus always get ALL the aggro, despite hitting threat drop on cooldown.

Now, I'm okay tanking stuff as a DPS. I really am. But take those shields from me, and just see what happens to you next time you pug with me and expect me to carry you through Depths of Manaan :p

Also, someone looked at the damage output of all the classes post 5.0 and if you believe mercs do way more damage than you because the class is overpowered, you're doing it wrong. And don't start with rocket out. You have your zealous leap or harpoon and all that stuff to compensate.

I'm not a PvPer but it does really seem like a l2p issue to me.

Why would you stop hitting them? Even with the 6-second reflect up, AoE and DOT damage still ticks. Just AoE when they have the shield up.

That's great in theory, but most classes' aoe damage is pretty lackluster and has long cool downs.