The Stronghold for Everyone

Zerileth

An island on Manaan with trees on one side to accommodate the Tython/Alderraan folks and beat up Rishi type atmosphere with rocks and small pirate buildings.;) On the other side of the island, snowy mounds and icebergs to accommodate the Hoth players.

An above water area for the ship landing and small apartment area based on the Manaan look and feel.

Below the water line a 360 degree view of the ocean floor with ability to decorate outside in the water. More hooks available than DK or Cor but the whole stronghold is slightly smaller to accommodate the "little apartment" folks. :p

The chat setting is set to fleet for those that wanted that feature and we'd have a fast travel to Manaan for the vendor or flashpoint. ( Ok not that strong of a sale).

Finally the stronghold would be at a nighttime setting to accommadate those that want the space stronghold (yeah it's a stretch). :D

But I don't want an underwater stronghold at all.

Ok but that's my point. Would you rather BW create a SH where you like nothing about it, or get one where at least you like certain parts? A compromise.

How would you sell a new SH idea to Bee Dub that makes the majority happy?

Ok but that's my point. Would you rather BW create a SH where you like nothing about it

Well, they haven't done that yet. Yavin and Tatooine are a bit spread-out, but they are nice looking, and I like the other three. (OK, I wouldn't have put the NS starship hook *there*, but we can't have everything.)

Ok but that's my point. Would you rather BW create a SH where you like nothing about it, or get one where at least you like certain parts? A compromise.

How would you sell a new SH idea to Bee Dub that makes the majority happy?

Nothing is ever going to make everyone happy. Never going to happen no matter what they do and the majority changes like the wind and if you go by the forums you never have a majority on anything as not everyone comes to the forums, such as I am the only one in my guild that comes here. The rest will not.

I appreciate your attempt to dream up a stronghold that would please everyone. I do think that the majority of SH fans would enjoy it. I hope that we'll get several new strongholds and won't need all our favorite terrain features combined into one.

Of course, if a stronghold was expansive enough, it wouldn't seem as awkward to have several distinct areas. It would have to be 4x or 5x the size of Yavin 4. What an achievement that would be to decorate! It would make an amazing guild stronghold -- I'd give many members a gold key to let them help decorate. Yavin 4 has 750 hooks (IIRC) and a sprawling SH with 3,000 hooks would have room for everything, even more than one starship.

My favorite stronghold will be one with the most useful features. I'm not set on any one planet or type of terrain. As long as a new stronghold avoids some things that I strongly dislike, I'll be pleased.

So here's my odd little wishlist:

* Increase the stronghold limit to 6 when the new SH is added.

* Increase the X/Y adjustment (currently +/- 20) to at least +/-25, so that Large hook decos can sit against walls.

* Increase the Felucia Stato limit to 6.

* Redesign the Stronghold (U) screen to have less wasted space so that all 6 fit on one page, or at least give us an option to sort by most recently used strongholds (and remember our choice).

* Don't have many (if any) curved walls, angled walls, or thick floorboards/wainscoting that make it hard to position items against walls.

* Have plenty of green space, whether that is a giant garden patio, beachfront, mountainside, or whatever. We have too many outdoor decorations to go without this.

* Give us more floor covering/rug and ceiling hook options than we've had previously.

* Make sure all centerpiece and starship hooks have multiple options to convert to other combinations of hooks (currently, not all of them do).

* Add a search feature to the decoration inventory windows.

I would jump for joy if we ever get variable time of day (daylight cycles) and weather, changeable wall and ceiling textures, and the ability to give Gold keys to allow friends to help decorate.

Edited by Xina_LA

Well I don't want fleet chat in my stronghold. I don't need that mess when I am in my stronghold. I have most of the items I need in my stronghold and only go there for a few things so no thank you for fleet chat in my stronghold.
This.

If there's one thing I absolutely don't want in a stronghold, it's Fleet chat.