My prediction for Episode VIII

gsummers

Rey and Snoke are brother and sister. They are basically the original incarnations of the light and dark side of the force. Rey was Snoke's sister eons ago when they both discovered the force. He became the dark side and she became the light. She founded the Jedi Order and told them that she would one day return as the chosen one who would bring balance to the force. Anakin Skywalker was a red herring, a mistake, he was never actually the chosen one. The Jedi made the mistake of thinking he was and paid dearly for it. Rey is now the reincarnation of this original light side sister.

The trilogy will continue to make the original Lucas story pointless. As we saw in episode VII, none of the original characters were allowed any progression since episode VI. Leia is still a rebel leader. Han is still a smuggler. Luke is still the last Jedi. Defeated the Empire made no difference. Defeating the emperor meant nothing. This is the Rey and Snoke story now. This is Disney's story

Rey and Snoke are brother and sister. They are basically the original incarnations of the light and dark side of the force. Rey was Snoke's sister eons ago when they both discovered the force. He became the dark side and she became the light. She founded the Jedi Order and told them that she would one day return as the chosen one who would bring balance to the force. Anakin Skywalker was a red herring, a mistake, he was never actually the chosen one. The Jedi made the mistake of thinking he was and paid dearly for it. Rey is now the reincarnation of this original light side sister.

The trilogy will continue to make the original Lucas story pointless. As we saw in episode VII, none of the original characters were allowed any progression since episode VI. Leia is still a rebel leader. Han is still a smuggler. Luke is still the last Jedi. Defeated the Empire made no difference. Defeating the emperor meant nothing. This is the Rey and Snoke story now. This is Disney's story

Snoke could be anyone. Mace Windu, Darth Maul, Sidious, even ..Valkorion. Rey? Vaylin! Lana? Senya? Kira? The developers said that any Legend character could become canon.

anakin not being the chosen one is suicidal

A lot of us are feeling very cynical towards episode VII (i'm just glad people are finally seeing it for what it was now that time has passed and allowed for actual reflection as opposed to the "OHH MAN" feeling many felt leaving the theater)

I posted in another thread about Luke's character arc basically being pointless since he went in to hiding. Again to reiterate here I think the only reason he would have left is maybe guilt over how Kylo Ren turned out (and the actions of the knights of Ren afterwards) But still, doesn't feel right that he would just quit after EVERYTHING he fought for in the original trilogy.

I sense much bitterness in this one . . . ;)

• 2 weeks later...

The origins go way farther back then that. While Dis did away with alot of the old canon with Luke looking for the first temple im sure it will be brought up

the light and dark side are parts of the same religion in the begining. I wont spoil more but they started out friendly

A lot of us are feeling very cynical towards episode VII (i'm just glad people are finally seeing it for what it was now that time has passed and allowed for actual reflection as opposed to the "OHH MAN" feeling many felt leaving the theater)

I posted in another thread about Luke's character arc basically being pointless since he went in to hiding. Again to reiterate here I think the only reason he would have left is maybe guilt over how Kylo Ren turned out (and the actions of the knights of Ren afterwards) But still, doesn't feel right that he would just quit after EVERYTHING he fought for in the original trilogy.

I did not like Episode VII at all, but I haven't gotten the sense that the public has stopping loving it.

Your first sentence made me shake my head. As Vader screamed out NOOOOOOOOO.

Here is my theory. Rey aka Kira (those of you who have delved into the script know the reason for the names) is Lukes child. This is a continuation of the SKYWALKER story.

I can see Kylo being redeemed. I can also see Rey becoming what is considered a true Gray Jedi. (Someone that uses both the light side and dark side of the force). You could see in the film that she was tapping into the dark side when fighting Kylo. Becoming a Grey Jedi Rey brings true BALANCE to the force.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Stop and think about it? Although the galaxy was already at war, sith was already influencing that war for their own hidden agendas. The Jedi try brokering peace. But think about it? IF Anakin Skywalker wasn't found and trained in the ways of the Jedi, every horrible event that happen from that point on, Surrounds the Skywalker family. Perhaps if there was no Skywalker family, things wouldnt of became so exacerbated and countless lives would still remain in the galaxy instead of so much death and devastation through out the galaxy. I mean episode 7 Leia and Hans child has followed in Grandpa Vaders Foot steps and the terror of the skywalker legacy still echos, through out the galaxy.

They Skywalker Men try to do good in the beginning but ends up causing some type of devastation & pain. Only Leia ever did any thing great with her life. Sure it was fighting for a cause. But Hell I mean, Live for nothing or Die for Something, and Leia has done what she wanted to do with her life, she would die for the good cause if needed too, But she would give birth to Kylo and he would grow up to be like, or wanted to be, Grandpa Vader. I am sure Leia was ecstatic to have a son, but never would had dreamed her son would try to become a new Version of her Father.

And then there is Luke If he trained Kylo and failed to tie him to the light side of the force and his training some how lead him down the dark path, then once again a Skywalker male try doing good and causes some kind of pain and eventually devastation because of his actions, in this case, action being the training of his Nephew, Kylo. As Qui Gon Jinn Trained Anakin and started this down ward Spiral.

So again, Would the Galaxy be a far better place if Anakin was never found and lived his life as a slave and that means no Skywalker Family would of had ever existed? Or even with out the Skywalker family, would the galaxy be just as bad or worst?

All that is of course my opinion & speculations. Whats Yours?

• 2 weeks later...

I think Snoke is a failed clone of Anakin Skywalker, which is the reason why he is deformed. With the deformity comes massive deception that came easy for Snoke. I consider the clones to be their own race in the Star Wars universe. I also think Snoke is the reason Ben Solo has become so attached to Darth Vader. How else could Ben "know" so much yet so little?

Rey is the start of a new breed of Jedi, hence the title The Force Awakens. New Force users = time for a new Jedi order. I don't think the Last Jedi refers to Luke alone.

From the Get Go it was said; This trilogy isn't really about the OT characters, it's a passing of the torch to the New Generation, sure, Hamill might probably stick around as a Yoda character of sorts.

As for predictions for Ep VIII; well if you haven't got it by now, I'm telling you straight now so it won't be a surprise; this trilogy is a reboot of the OT. So, go watch Empire Strikes Back, ponder some on what happened in Ep VII; We gonna have the New Order and Resistens War escalation, Since the New Republic got nuked by the Death Stars bigger more Deathier brother the Death Planet, the New Republic will "be in turmoil."

We gonna see Yoda training Luke, sorry, Luke training Rey, Finn gonna get in trouble by the hand of Darth Tantrum, Rey's gonna break her training and "not be ready to face Him yet" Even tho she kicked his *** in ep VII. Severe trauma to Hero who will grow ever more Heroic etc, etc, etc. We know this story my friends . . . sure, BUT

IT IS Star Wars . . . Either you get or you don't;)

Edited by t-darko

I did not like Episode VII at all, but I haven't gotten the sense that the public has stopping loving it.

I think JJ and Disney played it to safe they tried on familiar ground over fear (and rightly justified fear given the prequels) that something to different and new characters would be met with dislike.

However i love ray finn and poe and i didn't like starkiller base the droid and it secret info the new hope rehash basically, my friend pointed it out and i agree that the new characters can hold their own and Disney now need to not be afraid to tell a new story.