The Elitist/Wannabe elitist win out again....

TrueEquality

maybe i'm a lil too hasty, the masses do need to b appeased if their growth is what is most necessary to better the world, if that is the case more so in this instance then bioware sees the truth, or something like that, by masses in this instance I mean the majority of swtor players or the ones who need to b catered to/babied due to ego, I kinda lost my train of thought near the end but I guess it's good enough :):) Edited by TrueEquality

That's the thing no elite pvper complained that bolster was broken before the nurf for once the game relied on skill instead of who had better gear. So for the first time in swtor life TTK and game play felt good it was BW that said sorry we don't see the need for you to have bolster work like this no one will try to get gear which the Grind on gear sucks and is why people are leaving////

So elitists wanted the bolster change? I know pretty much zero people who wanted the bolster change.

I'd be happy if bolster was always set 2 item levels above the best gear. That way everyone is always on an even playing field for gear and PVPers also win out because they can play their 5 alts without having to farm for 12 years.

Edited by Wimbleton

I agree that bolster should be back to how it was in 5.0. Not because it actually changes much but because I am annoyed by bads who don't see their mistakes but instead blame gear differences for them being stomped in PvP.

As Bioware adds more and more command rank and gear levels you WILL see a a big diffrence

Before when PvP was about skill, now gear will play too big of a role and end game pvp will become less and less accessible to people whom are just entering it

I agree that bolster should be back to how it was in 5.0. Not because it actually changes much but because I am annoyed by bads who don't see their mistakes but instead blame gear differences for them being stomped in PvP.

in their defense, the difference between a mistake and making a play is usually gear.

this is untrue 95% of the time

Untrue 100% of the time. Gear doesn't cause mistakes. The difference in being successful and unsuccessful is influenced by gear, but that influence is vastly outweighed by the influence of skill.

People who are undergeared and underskilled typically blame gear in a pvp environment. Nothing new there.

Which is why I think max gear level +2 item level should be the pvp bolster. Gear complaints? No problem, we're bolstering everyone to the same exact spot. Now whats your excuse?

It should always be at whatever the current max gear is, 242, otherwise what's the point? It is not like bolster gives the set bonuses; really putting it at 230, may as well take it out, 228 can be crafted or bought cheap.

I also think the difference between 230, no set bonuses, and 242 full set bonuses, is significant for two evenly skilled players. Putting bolster at 242 would still allow people to be rewarded for their efforts by having the set bonuses.

Talking about bads just muddies the water, bads will be bad in all cases, on both sides of a discussion.

Edited by Foambreaker