Favorite class play through of KOTFE and KOTET

Venn_Dras

At this point I've only played a Knight through KOTFE, not KOTET. The rest of my toons are either in the middle of a class story or one of the previous expansions. For those who have completed the newest expansions with more than one character; which did you enjoy the most and why?

I enjoyed my female Warrior in KotFE/KotET a lot and with LS approach her story made a lot of sense. Also, her history with Valkorion make the whole thing more interesting than with most classes. As a "peacekeeper", she can help rebuilding the Galaxy after Zakuul's rampage while not fully severing ties to the Empire and maybe at some point returning to her role as Empire's Wrath under Acina, bringing with her technology and assets of Zakuul. She never had ambition to rule, but she knows how to use this new power to bring the change she always fought for.

My LS/neutral Inquisitor also seemed in the right place as a leader and it was only logical for him to take throne and even spread some fear, consolidating his power and preparing for inevitable return to the Empire/Republic conflict.

Can't say I enjoyed the story with non-force users, even with all the tricks the writers used it made no sense. Also, I find the Jedi unbearably dull, both in LS and DS version so I don't really enjoy them, ever, although the Knight obviously was very fitting for the storyline.

Edited by Plk_Lesiak

For all the "the story doesn't make sense for non-Force Users" problems, Agent was my favorite playthrough. While I acknowledge my bias leans heavily to Agent anyway, I thought it highly amusing that they were lifted out of the obscurity and anonymity in the shadows by the Force and destiny. It's fairly ironic, considering that Agent's lack of Force sensitivity was part of what caused them to lose their identity in the first place (Imperial Intelligence and its top ranks are amongst the highest positions a non-Force sensitive in the Sith Empire can achieve, but it's all cloaked in secret and they can never truly rise above Sith ranks). There are disconnects in the narrative, mostly when it comes to things like "How the hell does everyone know who Cipher Nine is anyway," but I found myself able to ignore them for the most part. I find myself ignoring the occasional plot holes in my enjoyment of Star Wars, anyhow.

There's also quite a few neat flavorings the Agent playthrough gets. Chasing the conspiracy of Valkorion fits in with Agent's theme fairly well, to begin with. You get both Kaliyo and SCORPIO featured as main characters, and Agent-specific lines in regards to both. In KOTET you get kind of a neat parallel to Vaylin in regards to the conditioning. And then, at the very end, Agent finally lifts themselves out of obscurity, defeating the Emperor who Agent's oppressors in the Sith Empire worshiped and modeled themselves after, and rising to a seat of power that would have been otherwise out of their reach. I chose the LS choice at this point, but there is some appeal of the DS choice perhaps...

I also kind of enjoy watching Agent continue to have a terrible life. They need a vacation more than anyone else. :)

Edited by RinjiRenee

I have always favored the Sith Inquisitor class (especially from a LS perspective) and these expansions have done nothing to dissuade my bias!

if anything it feels like the perfect extension to her story! as Lady/Lord Kallig Imperius has repeatedly experienced the galaxy is not so simple as light and dark.

(from this point forward I will be using She but if yours is male ignore the s.)

the many shades and contradictions she spent her her class story being confronted by remain in full force.

as she and Ashara previously discussed, the Empire does have the capacity to change for the better and that co-operation and mutual trust with the Republic is not only possible but necessary.

as the outlander she must further her understanding of balance (not only of the force) as she makes an effort to decide how best to handle the situations thrust upon her and her allies from both factions

Dealing with the trust many beings from wildly different beliefs and ideologies is to make decisions that will not benefit herself, or just the Empire but can work out for the galaxy as a whole via compromise.

the fact that Valkorion is a force ghost bound to her mind (which she previously had 4 to deal with at once before freeing them)

is just delicious because of her prior experiences it explains her lack of panic and relatively easy adjustment to his rambling.

all this plus little tidbits from the vanilla storyline (the Voss emissary telling her of the mystics vision of Voss's future ruin and her supposed destined involvement.)

really I could go on and on!

I will always have the sith warrior as my preferred class through the recent story, it likely is because of the close connection with the Sith Emperor (Vitiate/Valkorian) from class story arc 3 straight through to end of KotET , I love the more eprsonal feeling of the entire thing with the former Wrath, and all the class specific lines for the warrior. I have played each class though KotFE at least once but no other held me so much in enjoyment and suspense.

Before Shadows of Revan I despised the class, preferring everything with the Jedi Consular. But it's far more of a personal drama for my warrior now.

Really a tough call between Consular and Inquisitor for me. Both are light sided and both in my head are the hero types, the only real problem, is Inquisitor is a little harder (imo anyways) to really play as the hero, because you're part of the Empire obviously.

You get stuck doing some terrible things you'd rather not do :/

• 2 weeks later...
I've finally chosen my Agent to be the guinea pig for the entirety of KOTFE and KOTET; mostly because of the hilarious interactions that happened between him and Theron in the first few chapters. I'm having a blast! The little tid bits that relate to his past as an agent are a nice surprise as well. What I found to be the best part though is experimenting with the dialogue options to figure out the response that most suits the character I'm playing. Half way through the expansion I realized I was going an entirely different direction than I thought I would. I don't mind at all. :D Edited by Venn_Dras

I've played knight, consular, smuggler and agent through the story so far. My favorites have been the agent and the consular.

Consular was light-sided, well versed in Force mysteries, and all about building alliances through diplomacy. The story fit fairly well and I romanced Theron which made it better. :D

The agent was a very interesting play-through for all the reasons others have already mentioned, but for me this was also the character I used as my guinea pig to try out all those snarky dialog choices that I'm too afraid to pick with other characters. :p I ended up creating a rather tragic and compelling story where I watched my agent gradually fall into depravity, becoming more and more power-hungry and desperate with every new chapter. From the beginning, I had played him as someone whose main goal was to seek out the most powerful beings and become ingratiated to them, siphoning what power he could from others by being their right hand man. Then Valkorion came along and my agent discovered that he could finally be powerful in his own right, and that for once, Sith were bowing to his whims and not the other way around. I played him as becoming drunk on this newfound power, finally allowing himself to step from the shadows to seek the fame he always thought he deserved.

I've played knight, consular, smuggler and agent through the story so far. My favorites have been the agent and the consular.

Consular was light-sided, well versed in Force mysteries, and all about building alliances through diplomacy. The story fit fairly well and I romanced Theron which made it better. :D

The agent was a very interesting play-through for all the reasons others have already mentioned, but for me this was also the character I used as my guinea pig to try out all those snarky dialog choices that I'm too afraid to pick with other characters. :p I ended up creating a rather tragic and compelling story where I watched my agent gradually fall into depravity, becoming more and more power-hungry and desperate with every new chapter. From the beginning, I had played him as someone whose main goal was to seek out the most powerful beings and become ingratiated to them, siphoning what power he could from others by being their right hand man. Then Valkorion came along and my agent discovered that he could finally be powerful in his own right, and that for once, Sith were bowing to his whims and not the other way around. I played him as becoming drunk on this newfound power, finally allowing himself to step from the shadows to seek the fame he always thought he deserved.

Neat!

My agent actually ended up doing the opposite. He was still snarky and pragmatic through both expansions, but ended up going through a bit of a transformation in KOTET. He was a rogue agent coming into KOTFE and had no love for the Empire after the class story. That didn't necessarily mean he was ready to jump ship to the Republic though. During the build up of the Alliance he made the more sensible choices, looking at the big picture overall and not letting the war between the Empire and the Republic distract from the fight with the Eternal Empire. He was still cynical by the end of KOTFE and wasn't going to let sentimentality cloud his judgement. (He never did like Kaliyo anyway......)

By the time KOTET rolled around he was a little older, a little wiser. Out of the shadows and on the front lines did a number on him. He has scars, I'll say that. The responsibilities as Alliance commander tempered his choices and what surprised me is that I didn't have him ascend the the throne like I originally planned, It actually reminds me of a dialogue option back in the class story on Voss. Imperial Intelligence found him on the streets, promised he could be something more. In the end, he did that on his own. :D

My Agent chapter 9 KOTFE:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0TftIBgms8fTmtUN1Zqd2tFR0k/view?usp=sharing

My Agent chapter 1 of KOTET:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0TftIBgms8fVm5sVmJueXkzbzQ/view?usp=sharing

The responsibilities as Alliance commander tempered his choices and what surprised me is that I didn't have him ascend the the throne like I originally planned, It actually reminds me of a dialogue option back in the class story on Voss. Imperial Intelligence found him on the streets, promised he could be something more. In the end, he did that on his own. :D

What's funny is I had originally planned for my agent to not take the throne in the end, but after the events of KOTET, I went and did the opposite. :D In my opinion, KOTET was much better than KOTFE. I actually started to feel like my character was my own again, that he was developing once more as a person, and that I was able to make his personality show. KOTFE was missing all of that for me.

What's funny is I had originally planned for my agent to not take the throne in the end, but after the events of KOTET, I went and did the opposite. :D In my opinion, KOTET was much better than KOTFE. I actually started to feel like my character was my own again, that he was developing once more as a person, and that I was able to make his personality show. KOTFE was missing all of that for me.

Yep. Same here.

I've only played it as a Sith Warrior, so I could be biased. But I think that the Sith Warrior and the Jedi Knight are the best thematic fits.

With the Jedi Knight, you have been the Sith Emperor's archenemy for years now, and facing his Valkorian incarnation in order to take him down for good makes total sense as the end of a huuuge storyline. It's almost tailor-made for the archetype the JK represents, really - the warrior of the Jedi and the Republic against evil.

As a Sith Warrior, you have been the Sith Emperor's numero uno lackey as the Wrath since Vanilla, so using that personal connection it's also easy to craft a meaningful tale of a former servant taking the master out. It's the essence of what being a Sith is about, while also mixing up all sorts of different stuff.

I guess I can see ways through which the Inquisitor and the Consular could fit as well, and those two could work pretty well too, I suppose, even though they lack the personal connection.

To be honest, I have difficulties tying the whole Valkorian story with a non-Force class, especially a Bounty Hunter or a Smuggler, though I can easily see both of them leading the Alliance and stuff. Just can't imagine why would Valkorian ever bother with them.

I guess I can see ways through which the Inquisitor and the Consular could fit as well, and those two could work pretty well too, I suppose, even though they lack the personal connection.

The Consular has a personal touch. While the Knight may have gone directly against the Emperor, the Consular was taking out all of his Children. Every which one he would feel.

especially a Bounty Hunter

I played a ls bh through it, and I tried to make it work by thinking of Valkorian as her boss, like the biggest bounty she ever scored. She didn't accept his power and stuff like that but she did try to please him.

The question of why he would take an interest in her in the first place - *shrug* I guess he's just interested in anyone who doesn't die, against all odds.

Edited by grania

I played a ls bh through it, and I tried to make it work by thinking of Valkorian as her boss, like the biggest bounty she ever scored. She didn't accept his power and stuff like that but she did try to please him.

The question of why he would take an interest in her in the first place - *shrug* I guess he's just interested in anyone who doesn't die, against all odds.

That lasts entence is exactly what I thought he liked about the player character. They are a survivor, beating the odds, surviving everything thrown at them and, if you do planet arcs too, being the main game changer on every battlefield.

I've only played it as a Sith Warrior, so I could be biased. But I think that the Sith Warrior and the Jedi Knight are the best thematic fits.

With the Jedi Knight, you have been the Sith Emperor's archenemy for years now, and facing his Valkorian incarnation in order to take him down for good makes total sense as the end of a huuuge storyline. It's almost tailor-made for the archetype the JK represents, really - the warrior of the Jedi and the Republic against evil.

As a Sith Warrior, you have been the Sith Emperor's numero uno lackey as the Wrath since Vanilla, so using that personal connection it's also easy to craft a meaningful tale of a former servant taking the master out. It's the essence of what being a Sith is about, while also mixing up all sorts of different stuff.

To be honest, I have difficulties tying the whole Valkorian story with a non-Force class, especially a Bounty Hunter or a Smuggler, though I can easily see both of them leading the Alliance and stuff. Just can't imagine why would Valkorian ever bother with them.

I'm working on moving my warrior and sorcerer through KOTET, so it'll be interesting to see what kind of differences I can achieve between the two. Even with the limitations of the dialogue options.

It'd have to be my Smuggler, because, technically, it's the only class I've finished it all on. But that's in part because it felt so perfect that I haven't really wanted to do it all with anyone else yet. My Imperial "main" is an Inquisitor and I sorta want to do it with him too, but I still honestly feel like Tech-Users really fit the story better than Force-Users, and, even more than that, the story is just way more suited to being "Light" than "Dark" regardless of class, and my Assassin is at least a little Dark, while my Smuggler is almost always pretty unrepentantly Light.

There's also quite a few neat flavorings the Agent playthrough gets. Chasing the conspiracy of Valkorion fits in with Agent's theme fairly well, to begin with. You get both Kaliyo and SCORPIO featured as main characters, and Agent-specific lines in regards to both. In KOTET you get kind of a neat parallel to Vaylin in regards to the conditioning. And then, at the very end, Agent finally lifts themselves out of obscurity, defeating the Emperor who Agent's oppressors in the Sith Empire worshiped and modeled themselves after, and rising to a seat of power that would have been otherwise out of their reach. I chose the LS choice at this point, but there is some appeal of the DS choice perhaps...

This ↑↑↑

Yes, with SCORPIO and Kaliyo, and the brainwashing of Vaylin, it's all really well done with the imperial agent. And make him/her a peacekeeper at the end made sense too. Even though we can't be a shadow anymore, the agent knows all the nooks and crannies of both factions, and this knowledge is very valuable as a commander.

I must agree that it's weird for the BH and Smuggler, but the sass of both made it enjoyable x)

Since I did all 8 classes, I can say that I enjoyed them all, despite hating the gameplay of the SW and JK (i'm not fond of close combat), making my bloodthirsty Psychotic Sentinel Empress was awesome, and my coldheaded and pragmatic Juggernaut too.

My favorites are my twins Togrutas though: DS sorcerer and LS Sage. My sorcerer became Empress, my consular prefered to stay a commander, she's pure at heart and doesn't want to be corrupted by that cold chair.

The part with the mandalorians is awesome when you play a BH, obviously. I think they tried to create chapters that can fit all classes as much as possible ( Profit and plunder for the smuggler for example)

Bounty Hunter. I can say this unbiased, as I have played through KotFE KotET about four different times on separate classes. The Sith Warrior was great, and fits it very well thematically, but something about the Bounty Hunter playthrough I just loved. A Mandalorian who lost everything and lacks the ability to use the Force, trying to return stability to the galaxy and becoming the commander of an Alliance. Getting Gault and Torian back was great too. Just wish they'd return Mako... But yeah, that's my favorite class for KOTFE and KOTET (and in general really).

I haven't even started KOTET, too busy finishing class stories and such, but I did play up till firebrand with my BH. Cinematic wise it always seemed funny that a Bounty Hunter was squaring off with the most powerful man in the galaxy (Arcann and Valkorian) and actually contested against them. I never played my BH like he was an ******e just out for money, he had morals, if someone deserved to die, they died. I also see the bounty hunter as a neutral party, not really a part of the empire but contracted mostly by imperials to do work that they cant, thats how Bounty Hunters should be. Anyway I had fun building an alliance, the galaxy most well know hunter becomes its only hope.

I haven't played through KOTFE and KOTET, so bear with me, but I do feel certain things from what I read:

There's something in these expansions for all classes.

Trooper - you get to command an Alliance. Of course you do, you're the greatest leader the galaxy's ever known. A hero, the kindest, bravest man anyone could have the honor of serving under. You love the Republic, the people, and you'll never cease doing your duty for them.

Knight - Vitiate is your archenemy.

Consular - The knight may get all the credit, but really it was you who saved the galaxy from the Emperor in Vanilla. Time to finish this, as a Jedi must bring all darkness into the Light.

Smuggler - You've finally made it! You're the big honcho of not only a fleet, but a whole Alliance. You're irreplaceable by those who hate you and worshipped by those who love you. All you've ever wanted was to make it big and now you have- there's only some ghost in your way. But hey, you've had sex with a Sith, you're invincible AND rich (I do think that KOTET and FE make more sense as dark side smuggler, though, the greedy bastard style).

Bounty Hunter - You had continued a tradition with blood only to have it stolen by some Sith, the being that spawned dishonorable fiends like Tormen with his Sith Empire. Time to go on one last hunt, if that's what it must be, but this time it'll be the most glorious and vengeance-filled story the Mandalorians will ever tell. For Mako, for your friends, for your family. May you die trying.

Agent - You've been mind controlled before. You've solved mysteries before. In fact, you're the key to the galaxy already, a ghost as intangible as Valkorion. The only difference between the both of you is that you would do anything to redeem the Empire.

Inquisitor - Really? You've always wanted to be Empress, come on now. Now's your chance to enslave everyone. It'll be fun.

Warrior - This is the story I like to call "The Revenge of the Sith 2.0."

Edited by Joluka

I had a bunch of stuff typed out here before the maintenance :o

As I was saying, warrior is my main class and I've played that through fe/et three times. Buuut agent was my favorite. There were lots of special lines and scenes just for the agent, I felt my class was recognized quite often and it felt very immersive.

The agent I played it with is dark and she was very angry and miserable the whole time - which was fun! But I hope Vector comes back soon so she can be slightly happier :o

I also kind of enjoy watching Agent continue to have a terrible life. They need a vacation more than anyone else.

So true!

Omg I just remembered my dream last night. I was with Kaliyo of all people and we were rummaging through a dumpster together. I found two hundred bucks and shared half of it with her. Why.

Edited by grania

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, with SCORPIO and Kaliyo, and the brainwashing of Vaylin, it's all really well done with the imperial agent. And make him/her a peacekeeper at the end made sense too. Even though we can't be a shadow anymore, the agent knows all the nooks and crannies of both factions, and this knowledge is very valuable as a commander.

Yep. I also find myself thinking of switching my agent to the Republic side when we can choose factions next month. As pragmatic as Acina seems to be, after the betrayal in the class story it's foolish to let them get a second chance. Plus there's less chance of being stabbed in the back in the Republic when you character is dating an SIS operative. He's likely to find out long before they try. XD

Edited by Venn_Dras