Saved or resurrected communities if there would be new operation with 5.0

This is very hard to say, since a raiding guild consists of at least 10 ppl and its hard to track down all my friends and ask about it. For myself I love the game, but hate what has become of it.

If there would be new operations and they would be good, meaningful and bug-free I would come back and try to persuade my friends to come back to, but no idea if they will come.

Old guild: <The Walking Carpets> The Harbinger disintegrated two months after 4.0 released. because of no new operations. Probably won't come back regardless.

New guild: <Hallowed>/<Black Blade Brigade> The Harbinger, we are starting to lose people because of no new raids; players are tired of running the same content over and over.

A new operation alone doesn't work. It is the whole progression design and content release philosophy.

OK, lets say they release 2 new ops with sm & hm , with op release schedule similar to around 2.0-3.0. Then a year later nim comes and lasts 6 months. This was barely able to hold raiders interest. SM/HM raiders only have 2 raids for 18 months, probably get bored after 6 months. NIM raiders maybe happy to farm hm for 3 months. So there is around a 12 months of "boring gap" period. From launch to 3.0, with their communication (or lack of) and perception management, BW was able to keep some players subbed during the boring period. Players were hoping new raids would be just around the corner.

Now comes 2017, they can release 2 new raids. I can easily convince some friends to re-sub and play. Say we take a month or two to clear hm. Some may not even care to farm for gear with a question mark on nim. All my friends had already learned the lessons; new content may come in 9 to 15 months time. They are happily unsub and re-sub when new content is released. This is totally fine from the player perspective. But from the devs perspective, the EA accountants would ask why make ops? They want more than 2 months sub of return given the resources they spend on making 2 ops.

The trust has been damaged. It will take a lot more now to turn the game back into a more balanced experience for all type of gamers. And I don't think EA is willing to take that risk.

Keeping swtor with the casual/story model is probably the easy way out for this poorly managed publisher with lack of vision.

There's a lot more probably considering:

1. not everyone on the forums feels like posting here

2. many people unsubbed already and therefore cant post here

3. people on the forums are only a small % of the total population.

Yes, this exactly!! Its hard to make such a poll on the swtor forums! THere are sure more guilds that would come back, but i dont see that happening. I was trying to get a few sales runs done for missing achievments and 2 guilds litteraly fell apart before the sales run took place!!

Its very very sad how this is going.

<The Usual Suspects> Red Eclipse.

Stone cold dead guild. The online member count these days is usually 1. That being me when I log in. The primary ops players having defected mainly to Blade and Soul and also GW2. With no real sign they will ever return irrespective of what BW dishes up ("..all too late" is the general sentiment)

With a few toons I'm in a guild in which I'm the only active member as well ... Their last big acxtion I witnessed (and I was participating thre) was their try to conquer a planet ... They never suceeded, although being close once ... From that point on, their numbers dwindled, and I suspect (but I cannot prove it at all) that their numbers decresed because of their lack of being able top conquer a planet, since only big guilds ("my" guild is an mediocre one) are able to do this.

Has Conquest made so that it enabled smaller and mediocre guilds to conquer a planet - or at least a district - it would have kept much more smaller guilds alive I guess.

But now, everything goes the way of "become bigger", if possible "become a monopolist" like in RL.

It's simply no fun if you are forced to join a massive guild to have that kind of achievement. Especioally because massive guilds are often more anonymous than small guilds ( "we are family" ;) ).

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

I don't think people who left would be easily convinced to come back. It's easy to lose the trust of your fans when you constantly lie to them - it's a lot harder to regain that trust.

Hehe this is so very true. I stop counting the times I have heard from the Devs that: We have great news, great stuff coming etc. Well, lets see what October 7 will bring.

well.. it's a difficult thing to believe that in all these years they still don't have developed an ops editor, they have story writers, npc designers... all of KOTFE could have been 4 new ops and a lot of flashpoints (I wouldnt mind recicled mechanics if they want to keep it cheap)

btw I will just leave this here..

Eternity Vault (2011)

Karagga’s Palace (2011)

Exposive Conflict (2012)

Terror From Beyond (2012)

Scum and Villainy (2013)

Dread Fortress (2013)

Dread Palace (2013)

The Ravagers (2014)

Temple of Sacrifice (2014)

Unfortunately, the writing seems to be as they say "on the wall" Bioware has switched rails away from any and all form of raid content. You can tell this from what they've said but even more so from they're actions. Part of the irony of this is alot of people wanted Bioware to focus more on story based content. Granted, most people didn't want them to ONLY focus on the story stuff, butt oh well. For the foreseeable future KOTET will most likely be what fills up the next year of content.