Do you think Valkorion will turn on us in the future? Like is he bad or actually good

JessicaWolf

This matter has been confusing me for quite some time now, so I decided to make a thread and see all you guy's opinions :) should be interesting ~

From the moment he told the outlander that he is willing to share all this with you and then in the dreams and visions after your put in carbonite I actually started to believe that maybe he really changed and really wants to help you and trust him. Lending you his power, doing everything he can to help you defeat Arcann and Vaylin.

But then in the chapter of "Visions in the dark" something he said struck me and caused me to rethink about his motives. When you confront (fight) him then talk with him and choose the 3rd choice that says "Shut up or finish the job" where you reply and say "If you really want me dead then go ahead I never wanted this in the first place" (something like that, basically your telling him stop this vagueness or just kill me) and then he says, and that's the part that struck me, "I will not grant you this easy victory/death (don't remember exactly) not yet anyway" this last part struck me, what does he mean with not yet anyway ?!

After that I started to think that he has not changed and that deep inside he is not trying to help you, it could be he is using you temporarily to somehow get revenge on his children, specifically Arcann, and then when they are dead he will turn on you and kill you or something similar. After that scenario I really think he is still evil and that maybe we shouldn't trust him, he is hiding something.

But that's my opinion, I'm quite interested on what you guys think :) Lets see what you all got if you want ~ ^.^

Edited by JessicaWolf

Holy walls of text batman! Break that up please?

And will Valkorion turn on you? I'm just waiting for it.

Seen many people write a lot more than that and they don't get screamed at so I thought it's normal ;3 but okay I broke it up a bit. And I see think so too

Edited by JessicaWolf

We should be able to answer this question.

If Valkorian is the Sith Emperor, a guy that devoured all life on Ziost for no real reason. It was suggested that their deaths fueled him but given how incredibly powerful you must be to control an entire planet and then devour all life on it, this doesn't really follow that all this power was so he could return to his true form (?) on Ziost as an old man. But if this is the same guy then betray is not just inevitable but necessary for the character. A person that devours all life on your own world doesn't then sit back happily as a ghost content with his lot.

If Valorian is the benevolent god emperor of the Eternal throne, who brought the culture out of the dark ages and provided for their every need creating a utopia then his betrayal would be utterly out of character and unexplained. This is a guy who is still worshiped by his people because he treated them so well and made their lives so good, short of him being schizophrenic he wont betray you though he may stand up for his beloved people if you go too far in trying to wipe out the Zakuul empire.

Sadly though with the writing as it is they will either turn out to be twins and one is good and the other bad or it will be impossible to tell as continuity of the characterization will be damned.

This matter has been confusing me for quite some time now, so I decided to make a thread and see all you guy's opinions :) should be interesting ~

From the moment he told the outlander that he is willing to share all this with you and then in the dreams and visions after your put in carbonite I actually started to believe that maybe he really changed and really wants to help you and trust him. Lending you his power, doing everything he can to help you defeat Arcann and Vaylin.

But then in the chapter of "Visions in the dark" something he said struck me and caused me to rethink about his motives. When you confront (fight) him then talk with him and choose the 3rd choice that says "Shut up or finish the job" where you reply and say "If you really want me dead then go ahead I never wanted this in the first place" (something like that, basically your telling him stop this vagueness or just kill me) and then he says, and that's the part that struck me, "I will not grant you this easy victory/death (don't remember exactly) not yet anyway" this last part struck me, what does he mean with not yet anyway ?!

After that I started to think that he has not changed and that deep inside he is not trying to help you, it could be he is using you temporarily to somehow get revenge on his children, specifically Arcann, and then when they are dead he will turn on you and kill you or something similar. After that scenario I really think he is still evil and that maybe we shouldn't trust him, he is hiding something.

But that's my opinion, I'm quite interested on what you guys think :) Lets see what you all got if you want ~ ^.^

Don't you remember that moment in vision of the dark when you fight him. He laughts maniacaly. I consider that a huge plot leak for the future because at this point he is still acting all wise and calm yet in the fight all he does is laughing madly. I'd consider that to be an oversight on BW's part

Edited by Deshiel

We should be able to answer this question.

If Valkorian is the Sith Emperor, a guy that devoured all life on Ziost for no real reason. It was suggested that their deaths fueled him but given how incredibly powerful you must be to control an entire planet and then devour all life on it, this doesn't really follow that all this power was so he could return to his true form (?) on Ziost as an old man. But if this is the same guy then betray is not just inevitable but necessary for the character. A person that devours all life on your own world doesn't then sit back happily as a ghost content with his lot.

If Valorian is the benevolent god emperor of the Eternal throne, who brought the culture out of the dark ages and provided for their every need creating a utopia then his betrayal would be utterly out of character and unexplained. This is a guy who is still worshiped by his people because he treated them so well and made their lives so good, short of him being schizophrenic he wont betray you though he may stand up for his beloved people if you go too far in trying to wipe out the Zakuul empire.

Sadly though with the writing as it is they will either turn out to be twins and one is good and the other bad or it will be impossible to tell as continuity of the characterization will be damned.

I personally think Vitiate is Valkorian, and Valkorian is us. In the beginning chapters, Valkorian stated that he had lived many lives, and that we were his favorite part of himself. I think our character is just another piece of Valkorian that is living another life...but we don't know it.

Edited by cool-dude

IMO Valkorian wants you to be his next host. For an immortal emperor, he ages a lot in the Fallen Empire trailer. Best guess is he uses hosts from time to time as his physical body ages, similar to his voices with the Sith Empire. That's probably why he wants you to take the Eternal Throne. Once you remove his children he'll want his Empire back and will probably try to use your body to lead the Empire from then on. But that's probably not until season 2, and that's just my best guess from what we've seen so far.

IMO Valkorian wants you to be his next host. For an immortal emperor, he ages a lot in the Fallen Empire trailer. Best guess is he uses hosts from time to time as his physical body ages, similar to his voices with the Sith Empire. That's probably why he wants you to take the Eternal Throne. Once you remove his children he'll want his Empire back and will probably try to use your body to lead the Empire from then on. But that's probably not until season 2, and that's just my best guess from what we've seen so far.

My problem with this idea of him just wanting you as a host, is why doesn't he just take over his son? He could posses his son, make his son commit suicide, problem solved.

I get the feeling there is going to be no Valkorion resolution in Season 1. Gravestone, the thing in the hold, and Scorpio's makers are going to be important in specifying the "rules" and what Valkorion really wants. Big Daddy V seems to embrace some light side choices and has broken KotFE "rules", so there's a lot more to be filled in. It's more than can be accomplished in a chapter.

I'm really glad I made this thread xD all of your points of views are extremely interesting !

The part about you being a host he will use to rule again makes a lot of sense and maybe when you use his power when you get the choices this makes it easier for him to take control of you in the future but if you refuse his power maybe it won't be so easy for him to take control of you in the future. And hmm the part with him laughing in a crazy way in visions in the dark made me think what the hell is wrong with him it's like he's gone mad lol and yea I believe we won't know his true motives until the next season maybe it will be named Valkorions return ? Valkorions betrayal ? Idk ;3 looking forward to reading more of you guys ^.^

Valkorion is absolutely using us. That's sort of his thing and what he's doing. He's basically an immortal deity that views everything in his own twisted, long-term fashion. Everyone is basically a pawn to him in one way or the other, even if he's fond of them in his own way.

He's literally betraying his own children (that he mucked up with his parenting if we want to be honest) by using us to destroy them instead of....well, he has plenty of options. He could, you know, talk to his kids and try and fix the damage instead of using us as a weapon against them? He could influence Zakuul to turn on Arcann just as easily as he could us.

Valkorion is interested in us because our character is "unusual". We're something "special" and "something special" doesn't come along every day in the grand scheme of the many, many centuries he's existed. When you've lived so many life times, anything that's interesting is worth paying attention to. So that's what I personally think he's doing. Is he being "honest" with us? In some ways, sure, but there's always a catch and he always has his own agenda in mind. His wants and desires are definitely first in his mind and if we continue to get in the way, I have no doubt he will go from "friendly" to "force" when his patience runs its limit.

There is no doubt that Valkorian will betray is, that is not the question we should be asking. What we should be asking, is why is he relying purely on tricks now, when in the past he has used his power combined with manipulation to get what he wants, and in a much more final manner?

Things that we know from KOTFE dialogue, codex entries, and the chapters themselves:

- Valkorian says he no longer requires a body, yet until recently was bound to you

- Thexan was 'killed' by Arcann, I bring this up because: Chekhov's gun, Force users have survived far worse

- According to Arcann, Valkorian's power is weaker now than before

- Vaylin has flashed waaaaay too many "I know more than you" glances at Arcann when discussing Valkorian

- Valkorian admits to being the Sith Emperor, but beyond that, it seems fishy concerning his behavior after Zoist. As Marr would say, why would he devour all life on Zoist and then flee into the unknown (Zakuulan) regions?

- Valkorian expressly states you are a 'piece of him that he wants to keep'

- Supposedly, Valkorian wants us to usurp his son, yet hardly helps us at all, almost as if it is a test. But for who?

Now, a few things that I have speculated:

- Valkorian knows much more concerning the gravestone than he is letting on

- Vaylin is smarter than she appears and has been planning a coup for some time now

- Valkorian requires something to bind himself to, and only found something else in chapter 13

- Arcann has gone mad, if I had to put a label to it, "Kings Madness" which to me at least, means that he has gone mad with the authority that he has obtained and spends most of his waking moments merely basking in his empire's might (For a visual representation, as if someone had a detailed map of territory, if they loved to merely stare and laugh in glee while studying their own controlled territories"

A few separate theories I have concerning KOTFE due to variables I have seen, which likely will not come to pass:

- Vaylin has been secreting away knights loyal to her, and the knights she executes are the ones loyal to Arcann

- Thexan is alive

- Malgus will return in a desperate attempt by the eternal empire to defeat us (probably season 2)

- Valkorian is powerful, but his power is all that keeps him alive, the longer he lives beyond death the less powerful he becomes, until he eventually runs out and disappears

- Each of the 8 player characters are 'voices' or 'vessels' of Valkorian that were to live seperate lives, and supposedly the 7 that are not the out lander have been killed (they are either dead or mia according to Koth/Lana)

- Valkorian helped build the gravestone (comparing the gravestone to eternal empire tech that we study when recruiting Yunn, as well as his incredibly long life, not knowing his true birth date. As well as the similarities the ship shares with ancient sith alchemy)

- The 'Eternal Fleet' may have been of Rakatan origin, their efforts to put down the Sith Revolution that happened not too far timeline wise from their fall. Also likely used to eventually replace their force-dependent fleet due to the force plague, but were defeated before it could be completed.

I of course have many other crazy theories, but I feel that this is enough for now. In short, Valkorian is definitely lying to us, but the question is more how does he intend to return to power, than why is he lying to us.

Oh, we also know that Valkorian is not like other Force Ghosts that we have encountered due to his capabilities, showings, and how he interacts with the physical world/galaxy.

There is no doubt that Valkorian will betray is, that is not the question we should be asking. What we should be asking, is why is he relying purely on tricks now, when in the past he has used his power combined with manipulation to get what he wants, and in a much more final manner?

Things that we know from KOTFE dialogue, codex entries, and the chapters themselves:

- Valkorian says he no longer requires a body, yet until recently was bound to you

- Thexan was 'killed' by Arcann, I bring this up because: Chekhov's gun, Force users have survived far worse

- According to Arcann, Valkorian's power is weaker now than before

- Vaylin has flashed waaaaay too many "I know more than you" glances at Arcann when discussing Valkorian

- Valkorian admits to being the Sith Emperor, but beyond that, it seems fishy concerning his behavior after Zoist. As Marr would say, why would he devour all life on Zoist and then flee into the unknown (Zakuulan) regions?

- Valkorian expressly states you are a 'piece of him that he wants to keep'

- Supposedly, Valkorian wants us to usurp his son, yet hardly helps us at all, almost as if it is a test. But for who?

Now, a few things that I have speculated:

- Valkorian knows much more concerning the gravestone than he is letting on

- Vaylin is smarter than she appears and has been planning a coup for some time now

- Valkorian requires something to bind himself to, and only found something else in chapter 13

- Arcann has gone mad, if I had to put a label to it, "Kings Madness" which to me at least, means that he has gone mad with the authority that he has obtained and spends most of his waking moments merely basking in his empire's might (For a visual representation, as if someone had a detailed map of territory, if they loved to merely stare and laugh in glee while studying their own controlled territories"

A few separate theories I have concerning KOTFE due to variables I have seen, which likely will not come to pass:

- Vaylin has been secreting away knights loyal to her, and the knights she executes are the ones loyal to Arcann

- Thexan is alive

- Malgus will return in a desperate attempt by the eternal empire to defeat us (probably season 2)

- Valkorian is powerful, but his power is all that keeps him alive, the longer he lives beyond death the less powerful he becomes, until he eventually runs out and disappears

- Each of the 8 player characters are 'voices' or 'vessels' of Valkorian that were to live seperate lives, and supposedly the 7 that are not the out lander have been killed (they are either dead or mia according to Koth/Lana)

- Valkorian helped build the gravestone (comparing the gravestone to eternal empire tech that we study when recruiting Yunn, as well as his incredibly long life, not knowing his true birth date. As well as the similarities the ship shares with ancient sith alchemy)

- The 'Eternal Fleet' may have been of Rakatan origin, their efforts to put down the Sith Revolution that happened not too far timeline wise from their fall. Also likely used to eventually replace their force-dependent fleet due to the force plague, but were defeated before it could be completed.

I of course have many other crazy theories, but I feel that this is enough for now. In short, Valkorian is definitely lying to us, but the question is more how does he intend to return to power, than why is he lying to us.

Oh, we also know that Valkorian is not like other Force Ghosts that we have encountered due to his capabilities, showings, and how he interacts with the physical world/galaxy.

Wow that's some quite interesting points ! Makes a lot of sense. Looks like everyone is saying that he will turn on us and that he can not be trusted and I agree completely. The real question is how will he betray us ? How does he think he will return back to life ? Will he once again become powerful and rule or will the outlander, us, defeat him once and for all ? And does using his power when he offered it have any effect on you in the future ? I wonder xD

Wow that's some quite interesting points ! Makes a lot of sense. Looks like everyone is saying that he will turn on us and that he can not be trusted and I agree completely. The real question is how will he betray us ? How does he think he will return back to life ? Will he once again become powerful and rule or will the outlander, us, defeat him once and for all ? And does using his power when he offered it have any effect on you in the future ? I wonder xD

Just to take a quick whack at some of these questions before I turn in for the night. :d_wink:

The way that I would do it if I was the writer:

- Betray us at our least opportune or after we trust him too much (Such as right after you kill Arcann, him trying to use your weakness to drive you from your body as has been described with the power 'transfer essence'. Which would lead to a battle within our mind against him)

- Going with the above, by striking at our weakest, after Arcann is defeated and we think we have finally won, with the use of transfer essence which expels the loser of the mental battle is sent to 'chaos' which is basically how they interpret 'Hell'. (Meaning if we win, he is gone, FOREVER. Even Palpatine can't escape from 'Chaos')

- We would win, but would take the majority of his remaining power from him as he passes into the void

- Using his power would make the final fight have 'stacks' that drastically increase his strength, 1 per use of his power

Now, how I think Bioware will go about it:

- Either just switch sides behind the scenes, empower our enemies, or as soon as the way to the throne is clear (likely forgoing any mental battle and either possessing someone nearby completely, or just as his spectral form)

- Possession of a weak willed being or one who gives himself over to his will

- Anti-climatically slain or forced to retreat upon his first showing, or if the fight with Arcann is an indicator, force us out of his throne room and begin hunting us down for season 2

- Probably something akin to the carbonite sickness, albeit force related, mostly just in cutscenes and not in combat

Anyways, hope this discussion goes on for a while, since I know everyone has so many ideas of how or why Valkorian will do what and when. I want to see what others have seen that I may have missed. :d_grin:

One correction: he may have never been bound to you, just accompany you. The fact that he is bound is stated only by other characters, who assumed so - but they may be wrong. I do not remember if Valkorion states so himself, but if he does, it proves absolutely nothing.

In Chapter XII he leaves without any problems and without any doing on Outlander's side.

I personally have the impression that the Emperor conducts some galactic-scale experiment.

- Create Sith Empire, built on oppression, military might and infighting. Study the results.

- Create Eternal Empire, built on benevolence and absense of responsiblility and consequences. Study the results.

- Make a clash between them. Study the results.

- Do... something else. What exactly, is unclear, and one thing I am certain about is that nothing coming from Valkorion may be trusted.

Edited by Analyst

He's pretty damn good at manipulating you ! There was a time when I actually really believed he is trying to help you, the things he says the way he treats you and how he acts. After reading all of these points of views I kinda feel stupid now for ever believing he could be trusted lol as I said in my main post the part where he says I will not grant you that easy victory, not yet anyway. That not yet anyway threw all my believes of him being trustworthy in the trash haha

The way he just left your mind in Ch.12 is fishy. Matters to which he must attend ? What could a dead man, a ghost, need to attend to ? He is probably plotting his plan on how to become powerful again and rule the galaxy like he used to. Looking forward to more opinions :D

PS: I do hope BW does not decide to doom the people who actually accepted Valkorion's power when he offered it lol

Edited by JessicaWolf

I'm just curious if all those "Valkorion approves/disapproves" will actually matter in the end. If the story is just for him to betray you (which seems highly likely) then who cares that you took his power unless it was just for the moment. I really hope BW delivers on the "your choices matter."

Perhaps Valcorion had serious reasons to eliminate all life on Ziost...

I'm thinking about Vito Corleone (in "The Godfather, Part II") and his serious reasons to kill that old Sicilian Mafia Boss; I'm speaking about reasons of revenge and I tend to theorize that Valcorion had very similar reasons...

Regarding now the main question of this thread: very hard to predict!

Edited by cunctatorg

I'm just curious if all those "Valkorion approves/disapproves" will actually matter in the end. If the story is just for him to betray you (which seems highly likely) then who cares that you took his power unless it was just for the moment. I really hope BW delivers on the "your choices matter."

Good question actually, but I don't think the approve and disapproves will matter really. I mean some other npc's also had approves and disapproves, like Heskal for example, and it did not really matter much, he died so I don't think it will affect something. About the power part, if they really make choices matter then maybe If you used his power It will be easier for him to take control of you in the future or however he is planning to betray you if it's true ;3

Perhaps Valcorion had serious reasons to eliminate all life on Ziost...

I'm thinking about Vito Corleone (in "The Godfather, Part II") and his serious reasons to kill that old Sicilian Mafia Boss; I'm speaking about reasons of revenge and I tend to theorize that Valcorion had very similar reasons...

Regarding now the main question of this thread: very hard to predict!

True it is hard to predict xD that's why I made the thread to see all the creative and interesting theories people come up with :) it's quite interesting ~

Niiiiiice topic :)

It is unknown what Vitiate wants, but I highly doubt it will end well for Outlander.

Right now (and looks like I am not alone in this) Vitiate reminds me of a sadistic Dungeon Master from paper and pen RPG. He choose “interesting” people and “plays” with them. He creates a setting and then watches his chosen struggle. Occasionally he shakes the board and adds some random encounters if something is not going according to game plan and his toys stray too far from the script. It also fits his speech about “leaving thousand lives” and Outlander “making things interesting”.

I think that Outlander is not the only hero of this “campaign” or that he/she is even a Hero and not a Rival, Villain or a Sidekick. Take the very first time you talk to him in KoFE – he was provoking Arcann so much. To get Dad to acknowledge him, Arcann had to kill his own brother. And then shows Outlander and hey, he/she have more attention from Valky in 10 minutes then Arcann had in years. I would not put it past Valkorion to do it only to teach his son some kind of a lesson.

Or it could be a Highlander scenario - “there can be only one” and that one will get a “prise” – being possessed by Vitiate.

Speaking of possession – in SI story it is shown that if you get too much Force power too fast your body can not handle it and this “Force sickness” looks alike to deterioration of Vitiate Voices. So all that Force connection strengthening, hints that “you are not ready yet for my power” and "father's power feels weeker" look pretty unsettling to me.

Edited by RandomName_Ru

Niiiiiice topic :)

It is unknown what Vitiate wants, but I highly doubt it will end well for Outlander.

Right now (and looks like I am not alone in this) Vitiate reminds me of a sadistic Dungeon Master from paper and pen RPG. He choose “interesting” people and “plays” with them. He creates a setting and then watches his chosen struggle. Occasionally he shakes the board and adds some random encounters if something is not to going according to game plan and his toys stray too far from the script. It also fits his speech about “leaving thousand lives” and Outlander “making things interesting”.

I think that Outlander is not the only hero of this “campaign” or that he/she is even a Hero and not a Rival, Villain or a Sidekick. Take the very first time you talk to him in KoFE – he was provoking Arcann so much. To get Dad to acknowledge him, Arcann had to kill his own brother. And then shows Outlander and hey, he/she have more attention from Valky in 10 minutes then Arcann had in years. I would not put it past Valkorion to do it only to teach his son some kind of a lesson.

Or it could be a Highlander scenario - “there can be only one” and that one will get a “prise” – being possessed by Vitiate.

Speaking of possession – in SI story it is shown that if you get too much Force power too fast your body can not handle it and this “Force sickness” looks alike to deterioration of Vitiate Voices. So all that Force connection strengthening, hints that “you are not ready yet for my power” and "father's power feels weeker" look pretty unsettling to me.

Glad you like the topic xD and Such similarity between that Dungeon Master you mentioned o.o it's almost as if it's him lol and yea been through the inquisitor story, one of the most interesting stories in my opinion after the agent :) you got some interesting points there xD impressive ~

Edited by JessicaWolf

As I've been working on finishing up some unlocks before diving into KofFE and just finished up a Jedi Knight run, some of the different dialog choices I've explored bring up these points to consider going with the point of Valkorion is Vitiate. I am spoilering as a just in case thing for assorted storyline reveals.

When the Knight confronts the Emperor/Emperor's Voice in the Dark Temple, there's an option to ask what the Emperor plans to do once everything and everyone's dead. His response is he plans to savor the peace for a bit and then start a new life/existence once the galaxy restarts itself, specifically mentioning maybe experiencing things as a farmer or the like. This isn't something completely unheard of with body hopping as those who have played the Inquisitor storyline knows that's what Zash has been doing for who knows how long and all we really know about it is that the rituals required are very ancient which would fit with them possibly being pioneered by Vitiate perhaps while he was researching the method for his immortality. Even asking Lord Scourge at the Republic victory award ceremony as to why is he still sticking around with the Emperor dead, he will say he's going to stick around until he's certain the Emperor's dead. Many of his dialog options stress he's convinced that unless Vitiate's truly dead, he's going to keep planning and working towards godhood through galaxy death.

As for why the seeming change in personal plans, it could be something like as was said earlier in the thread about studying societies with the Sith Empire being a study of a society built on meritocracy and infighting and the Zakuul on benevolence. Assuming Vitiate was being honest in his answer to the Knight, it is quite possible that he hasn't so much given up on the death of the galaxy thing, but more put it on a backburner for now. He knows the rites for galaxy death will power him up, but because his first attempt failed, it would be best to hold off for now considering there's enough people still alive with the memory of the Emperor's attempt who could rally people to the resistance against that compared to waiting until those people die off or see who can be manipulated/possessed to reduce that chance of resistance.

Maybe it's me but for how long he's been Emperor, while it would be understandable for one having been in that sort of powerful position to want to just have a figurative breather as something without so much responsibility, it also stands to reason that while Vitiate might be content for a while as one of the common folks, he equally would eventually want to be a top dog again and want to experience something different than what he's done with the Sith and Zakuul empires for when that comes rather than try the v2.0 of either since as someone else said, he's immortal and the only thing that would draw his attention would be something interesting and genuinely new.