Comprehensive Guide for Schematics from Crew Skills 2016?

Ahl-Vinn

The only things that yours truly has been able to find are out-dated. Just spent a fair amount of time checking out Researched Compound and Companion Gifts missions via Investigation at levels 1, then 2, to take in return hauls free of any schematics.

Specifically, am wanting to know which Crew Skills mission to obtain Overkill schematics from.

The only things that yours truly has been able to find are out-dated. Just spent a fair amount of time checking out Researched Compound and Companion Gifts missions via Investigation at levels 1, then 2, to take in return hauls free of any schematics.

Specifically, am wanting to know which Crew Skills mission to obtain Overkill schematics from.

The prefix "overkill" is no longer used with the exception of overkill augments from Armstech...these are Power rating augments.

Furthermore "overkill" was one of the blue quality schematics acquired by reverse engineering green schematics pre-4.0. It added Power rating to the base green schematic.. IIRC if the overkill blue was REed you could get an overkill purple schematic; 1 of 3 to 5 possible.

The prefix applied to ALL crafting skill gear. So you could get Overkill ear pieces and implants and other static stat gear.

If you are looking for current DPS gear look for the "Assault" prefix. If you are looking for healing gear look for the "Mender's" prefix.

Schematics still drop from Investigation/Underworld Trading/Treasure Hunting/Slicing missions, but only seem to have a chance to drop from Bountiful/Rich/Wealthy yield materials missions - I haven't seen a single one from a companion gift mission since the changes (they also have a - fairly small - chance to drop from Treasure Hunting lockboxes, but from the box itself, not as an extra result from the mission). To further complicate things, the changes to the material tiers seem to have changed which tier of missions has a chance to drop which schematics (I pulled a level 10 schematic from a tier 4 mission the other day). Deprecated/Archived schematics (a lot of the old fixed-stat blue schematics, and at least some of the deprecated orange weapon/armour shells) can still drop from missions, but you need to run a lot more missions to get schematics than you used to.

Schematics still drop from Investigation/Underworld Trading/Treasure Hunting/Slicing missions, but only seem to have a chance to drop from Bountiful/Rich/Wealthy yield materials missions - I haven't seen a single one from a companion gift mission since the changes (they also have a - fairly small - chance to drop from Treasure Hunting lockboxes, but from the box itself, not as an extra result from the mission). To further complicate things, the changes to the material tiers seem to have changed which tier of missions has a chance to drop which schematics (I pulled a level 10 schematic from a tier 4 mission the other day). Deprecated/Archived schematics (a lot of the old fixed-stat blue schematics, and at least some of the deprecated orange weapon/armour shells) can still drop from missions, but you need to run a lot more missions to get schematics than you used to.

As far as I am aware, companion gift missions never had a chance to drop schematics; they always came from materials missions.

As far as I am aware, companion gift missions never had a chance to drop schematics; they always came from materials missions.

They definitely used to have a chance to drop schematics -before the crafting revamp I got the vast majority of my orange shell schematics from UT gift missions, mostly from cheap/fast Moderate yield ones of the appropriate level range. The tier 2-4 Moderate gift missions gave a surprisingly good return on investment, since I could usually sell duplicates of schematics I already had for 20-25k, the missions only cost a few hundred credits to run, and I'd average a schematic every four or five runs.

Edited by Pardoz

They definitely used to have a chance to drop schematics -before the crafting revamp I got the vast majority of my orange shell schematics from UT gift missions, mostly from cheap/fast Moderate yield ones of the appropriate level range. The tier 2-4 Moderate gift missions gave a surprisingly good return on investment, since I could usually sell duplicates of schematics I already had for 20-25k, the missions only cost a few hundred credits to run, and I'd average a schematic every four or five runs.

That's very interesting because I ran hundreds if not thousands of gift missions from 1.0 to 4.0 and I cannot recall ever getting a schematic. But maybe I am misremembering. That being said, it's moot as gift missions no longer drop them.

Adapt and move on :p

Edited by psandak

Adapt and move on :p

Indeed :ph_agree:

For the record, I've found the best current source to be lower-grade UT (or Investigation/Treasure Hunting if you're looking for weapon shells, but how many Custom Built Lightsaber schematics does one person really need?) Wealthy discovery missions - the gifts are usable/salable, and I generally throw the excess fabric/metal/compounds into storage for the next time the Prefab crafting Conquest week rolls around. The drop rate is a lot lower than it was, but to make up for that GTN prices for "no longer available" schematics (which can still drop) have shot up - I've sold schematics for 400k in hours that once would have sat for days at 10.

• 2 weeks later...
I believe demand for these schematics have dropped whilst supply of them have increased, and it has become more alternative options for the items that schematics is for, which made most schematics less viable, which is probably why people would be looking for overkill schematics. But I agree, there should be more viable schematics and ways to reverse engineer into better ones. Perhaps they seem a bit outdated, from treasure hunting and underworld trading I can earn probably more by doing lower level missions, as the schematics do not follow a linear level from 1-9 in how much they are worth or how useful they are and the lv 65 ones are not necessarily good, same goes for rare materials. But I think schematics would then have to be updated with more viable options, and not the same old mounts that everyone have for example, which is obviously worth nothing because most people have had them for years.

Thanks, guys - but ultimately, I was just looking for where to find them, now.

As it turns out, they are ALL directly from the Crew Skills trainers, I just had to play musical-alts until I found the right one. It was a less-than-visible change to anyone who wasn't sub'd and reading about updates, when the update came.

So here's ... Where can I find Star Ship Schematics??

Underworld trading grades 1-6 have a chance to drop various schematics for your ship (NOT GSF). You can also get schematics from the fleet comms vendors on fleet (run the space combat missions to get fleet comms). Problem is you need several hundred per schematic and the fleet comms are rewarded with an eye dropper.

So here's ... Where can I find Star Ship Schematics??

Slicing missions (either sliced parts or Wealthy yield discoveries) - I'm not sure which grades drop the parts these days, I'd suspect 3 and 5, but might be off by a grade in either direction. Or check the GTN. There's also a vendor on the Fleet who sells the high-level ones for space mission tokens.