Character conversation

Messerve

I was just wondering how many people like the Classic Character conversations? It goes all the way back to the Original Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic 1 & 2. Personally, I enjoyed both games with Revan and Bastila and the Exile. What I did not like was there were no voices for my character..except sentience selections, which is what we have now. I would like to see voice overs added again because to me it adds more to the story. ( Could you ever watch a Star Wars film and the main Character such as Luke Skywalker never speak?)

I think that the "classic conversation" approach has its place - the KoToR games and Dragon Age: Origins were some of my favourite examples, but it seems really jarring that a fully voiced game such as swtor would then elect to include elements of that style without a story-driven reason for the main character suddenly "losing their voice" as it seems to me.

If the character was telepathic and had no way to actually produce the vocal sounds in the first place, I could see it. But of course that would not fit with the rest of the game.

With that in mind, the decision to not fully commit to the voice acting seems to be an example of cost-cutting or laziness that does not fill me with confidence for the game's future.

I don't know of anyone who actually "likes" them, however many people recognize it as a means of adding a sizable amount of optional grindy type content without the high cost of PC VA. Without the classic convos, most/all of that content likely wouldn't be there at all.

Would I love them to fully voice it? absolutely. Do I really care? No, so long as they leave the main chapters fully voiced. And it's better than the SOR no cutscene nonsense they tried out, so could be worse.

I agree with MadDutchman 100%. The "classic conversation" method was a cost savings measure, nothing more nothing less. I too would have liked fully voiced but I understand why they went in the direction they did and do not begrudge the devs for it.

I think that the "classic conversation" approach has its place - the KoToR games and Dragon Age: Origins were some of my favourite examples, but it seems really jarring that a fully voiced game such as swtor would then elect to include elements of that style without a story-driven reason for the main character suddenly "losing their voice" as it seems to me.

If the character was telepathic and had no way to actually produce the vocal sounds in the first place, I could see it. But of course that would not fit with the rest of the game.

With that in mind, the decision to not fully commit to the voice acting seems to be an example of cost-cutting or laziness that does not fill me with confidence for the game's future.

Again, as mentioned before, it's an upgrade from what we had in SOR.