On transfer, what happens to original server SH & decorations?

I cannot seem to find the information I need online. Been to EA Helpless, the SWTOR failed all attempts to load from their own link, and tried but cannot find this addressed in other searches on forum. I am hopeful that somebody’s experience might help fill the gap here.

I am considering moving one character to another server (maybe two), not the entire group of toons. I see it saying online that Strongholds and decorations will transfer with the character transfer but suggest that the original ones can be reactivated. I don’t want to lose the current Strongholds or the decorations (or even have to reactivate and reset the decos) on the originating server just because I move a single character to a new server.

Questions are:

1. If I only move a single character, what impact does it have on all my other toons?
  2. Do my original Strongholds get deactivated on the originating server where I will still have 16 characters?
  3. Do my decorations actually move to the new server or are they just duplicated there?
  4. If I have Stronghold unlocks (rooms) on the originating server, do they apply to the Strongholds already placed on the destination server or do they have to be purchased again?

I cannot seem to find the information I need online. Been to EA Helpless, the SWTOR failed all attempts to load from their own link, and tried but cannot find this addressed in other searches on forum. I am hopeful that somebody’s experience might help fill the gap here.

I am considering moving one character to another server (maybe two), not the entire group of toons. I see it saying online that Strongholds and decorations will transfer with the character transfer but suggest that the original ones can be reactivated. I don’t want to lose the current Strongholds or the decorations (or even have to reactivate and reset the decos) on the originating server just because I move a single character to a new server.

Questions are:

1. If I only move a single character, what impact does it have on all my other toons?
  2. Do my original Strongholds get deactivated on the originating server where I will still have 16 characters?
  3. Do my decorations actually move to the new server or are they just duplicated there?
  4. If I have Stronghold unlocks (rooms) on the originating server, do they apply to the Strongholds already placed on the destination server or do they have to be purchased again?

1 and 2. It has no impact on the toons on your originating server. You could transfer all of your characters to a new server and your stronghold(s) on the original server would be untouched. The decorations would be right where you left them.

3. Yes, all of the decorations you have would get copied with you. However, you would have to redecorate your new strongholds on the new server. Your layouts don't transfer unfortunately. The decorations on your originating server will still be there. They get copied to the new one.

4. Not entirely sure if I'm understanding the question correctly, but I'll answer the two different ways I'm interpreting your question.

A) If you're moving to a new server that you've never been on before, you'll have to repurchase those strongholds, but once you do the rooms you had unlocked on the previous server the character(s) were on will be opened up automatically. They'll be empty, but you won't have to fully unlock them again. So you're only paying the activation fee.

B) If you're moving to a server you've been on before and had a stronghold on, but didn't fully unlock, those rooms that weren't unlocked won't be automatically unlocked. You'll need to go to the terminal either on Fleet or the planet the stronghold is on and deactivate it. Then pay the reactivation fee and all of the rooms you had opened on the previous server will be unlocked. If this is what you're asking, you'll need to decide if it's cheaper to de/re-activate or just open up the room the normal way. If you've only got one room left on a stronghold and it costs 900k to open, but 2.5m to reactivate it, just open up the last room.

That's if you used credits to unlock those strongholds. I *think* if you used cartel coins to unlock them you don't have to pay the reactivation fee, but someone else will have to comment on that.

A) If you're moving to a new server that you've never been on before, you'll have to repurchase those strongholds, but once you do the rooms you had unlocked on the previous server the character(s) were on will be opened up automatically. They'll be empty, but you won't have to fully unlock them again. So you're only paying the activation fee.

Almost correct. So, if you purchase a stronghold with Cartel Coins, or if you have rooms in a stronghold unlocked with Cartel Coins, there is no fee to activate the stronghold on the new server or re-open rooms in that stronghold.