Suggestions for improving Concentration/Fury

Kyovarde

Conc/Fury has become the bastard redheaded stepchild black sheep of Sentinel/Marauder specs. It no longer serves a purpose in PvE or PvP and has no true identity outside of being allegedly slightly tankier and more mobile than the other specs.

Combat has superior burst (albeit easier to shut down, still, I rarely have Dispatch+Precision+CB prevented, MS is the focus of enemies in regs) and superior sustained.

Watchmen has superior utility, especially with Zen dotspread heals, superior sustained, similar burst with how hard MercSlash can crit + Zen autocrit DoTs, and by far superior AoE for PvP.

What exactly does Concentration bring to the table?

Two abilities that hit/crit for slightly less than Dispatch/CB.

A poverty 10m leap that can be used against cover.

Temporary AoE immunity.

A useless Smash boost.

Force Exhaustion's slow.

It's simply not that good.

I think there are several much needed changes to be made for Concentration. The rotation needs to be cleaned up, the button bloat toned down, and the burst improved.

At the very least do the following:

Increase the damage of Force Exhaustion's final tick by 25-50%.

Increase all critical damage bonus from 10% to 25%.

Voila, suddenly you have a bursty spec back with somewhat improved sustained DPS.

Please, do something, anything, to improve Concentration.

Just to clear things up: you want the 3rd sent class to be brought in line with the two other ones? The ones that are ridiculously strong outliers?

First of all, concentration is prefectly fine in PvP. It could probably use a slight buff for PvE, but that's it.

Secondly, if anything the other specs need a nerf. Watchman is quite a bit stronger than any other spec in the game at the moment, and combat is too strong for a burst spec, in my opinion.

So no, don't buff concentration. Fix the other classes.

Edited by Greezt

Just to clear things up: you want the 3rd sent class to be brought in line with the two other ones? The ones that are ridiculously strong outliers?

First of all, concentration is prefectly fine in PvP. It could probably use a slight buff for PvE, but that's it.

Secondly, if anything the other specs need a nerf. Watchman is quite a bit stronger than any other spec in the game at the moment, and combat is too strong for a burst spec, in my opinion.

So no, don't buff concentration. Fix the other classes.

Please show me all the logs where either spec is consistently the top DPS in any Operation. They're not. Dummy Parse=/=Operation performance.

Shadows and Sorcerors can easily top Sentinel damage output in PvP. Skilled Juggernauts and PTs are comparable.

A lot of specs need work, but as it stands Concentration is not raid viable and is inferior for PvP compared to Combat and Watchmen.

Please show me all the logs where either spec is consistently the top DPS in any Operation. They're not. Dummy Parse=/=Operation performance.

Shadows and Sorcerors can easily top Sentinel damage output in PvP. Skilled Juggernauts and PTs are comparable.

A lot of specs need work, but as it stands Concentration is not raid viable and is inferior for PvP compared to Combat and Watchmen.

Have you even looked at parses? The only two bosses where you don't see sents near or at the top are torque and the underlurker (out of the newer ops).

Sages can easily top sents in pvp, although a good sent can top the leaderboards. Shadows can't "easily" top anything. They can do some good damage if they're serenity and have a healer behind them, or mediocre damage if they're infiltration. Sents can compete with that damage, and have the added bonus of incredible burst (even as watchman).

Concentration might not be raid viable, which is why I agreed it might need a slight PvE buff, but it's not inferior to combat/watchman in PvP. It's easier to play than both of them, it gets CC immunity, and the burst is close to that of combat (as well as being impossible to avoid, unlike combat's).

Pretty sure AP holds the most #1 spots, followed by Carnage, and then Annihilation. Focus/Concentration/Fury/Rage are the only specs that don't appear in the top 10 on ANY HM boss outside of saber reflect cheesing. The spec is obviously underpowered and needs a damage buff to compete.

I wouldn't necessarily nerf any specs, but there's a few I can think of that need some immediate love.

fury outdps's like 75% of the dps table and u think it needs improvement?

your wrong, i just cba to explain why... you're just wrong

sents just need utilities a little more conducive to their design instead of multiple variables of essentially the same thing.

There shouldn't be 4 utilities that change of impact rebuke/CoP's utility.

Anyone who thinks thats normal or logical needs to be sent to janitorial duties for a very long time.

Con/Fury's damage output is fantastic and I've never had problems with it.

I sh*t on like 2/3rds of my fights and always end up top damage.

Only problem with marauder is the problem is has always been... it requires babysitting to be op. And bioware will prolly never change that

Fix the utilities, make it a little bit more varied and less stupid, and this class would be more enjoyable

move dual wield mastery to skillful tier utility and remove Cloak of carnage from utility and put it in the CARNAGE discipline

Do the same for Cloak of Annihilation, put it in the ANNIHILATION discipline...

I mean, aren't we sensing a pattern here?

Either move versatile talents into utility or give decent effect from juggernaut to marauder (they've stolen enough of our crap in the past anyway so i dont see why not)

Edited by Bonzenaattori

Pvp Specific:

I love the button bloat and clunkiness of the rotation (or rather situational priorities). I have to constantly be focused and on my A-game. Concentration has a very underused ability to kite the 4m classes with its supply of 10m moves and gap closers. I would not want concentration to turn into one of these 4 button same rotation classes.

Edit: I like redheads.

Edited by Azidahka

• 3 weeks later...
fury outdps's like 75% of the dps table and u think it needs improvement?

your wrong, i just cba to explain why... you're just wrong

sents just need utilities a little more conducive to their design instead of multiple variables of essentially the same thing.

There shouldn't be 4 utilities that change of impact rebuke/CoP's utility.

Anyone who thinks thats normal or logical needs to be sent to janitorial duties for a very long time.

Con/Fury's damage output is fantastic and I've never had problems with it.

I sh*t on like 2/3rds of my fights and always end up top damage.

Only problem with marauder is the problem is has always been... it requires babysitting to be op. And bioware will prolly never change that

Fix the utilities, make it a little bit more varied and less stupid, and this class would be more enjoyable

move dual wield mastery to skillful tier utility and remove Cloak of carnage from utility and put it in the CARNAGE discipline

Do the same for Cloak of Annihilation, put it in the ANNIHILATION discipline...

I mean, aren't we sensing a pattern here?

Either move versatile talents into utility or give decent effect from juggernaut to marauder (they've stolen enough of our crap in the past anyway so i dont see why not)

From a pve perspective, there's no real reason to bring fury/conc to any fight. Our burst is meh for a burst spec and our sustained is **** even for a burst spec, only marksmanship is pulling lower numbers than concealment, you're better off even with deception or even concealment for single target damage.

From a pvp perspective, we're doing pretty well. Fury/conc is a hard spec to kite and we pack a reasonable punch. However buffing fury/conc damage for the sake of pve won't break us in pvp, we're not that good. Unless bw goes really overboard with it.