what is the deal with the sorc dmg output

shurraga

correct me if I am wrong but it seems every class does A LOT more dps then me, I am a lightning spec sorc and at most I can only crit 13k my stats are:

Mastery - 5143

endurance - 6031

power - 1902

critical - 1370

alacrity - 612

accuracy - 602

I am mostly in 216 gear with a few pieces of 220 I also have a 65 operative in 208 gear and she does roughly the same dmg I am just curious if a buff is coming for us

correct me if I am wrong but it seems every class does A LOT more dps then me, I am a lightning spec sorc and at most I can only crit 13k my stats are:

Mastery - 5143

endurance - 6031

power - 1902

critical - 1370

alacrity - 612

accuracy - 602

I am mostly in 216 gear with a few pieces of 220 I also have a 65 operative in 208 gear and she does roughly the same dmg I am just curious if a buff is coming for us

sorc class is easy to play good (why you see so many of them), but difficult to play very good (topping dps charts.) in the current meta, sorcs are everywhere and their op heals have the entire pvp community up in arms over it, so i would be very surprised to see any kind of buffs to the class as a whole. without looking at a parse, it is difficult to say where you are going wrong and what you have right, but for general advice, i would tell you that if you want to get gud, either keep working at it, or reroll an easier class.

you might want to look up the best rotation for a lightening sorc. I know that our lightening sorcerer averages around 5.4k/sec dps in OPs. But he also has a 5 piece set bonus of 216 assembled. Also, look into min/maxing. What the BiS is for mods and enhancements.

Also you accuracy is low, it looks like. And your alacrity. Peak alacrity should be close to 800, and your accuracy if your doing OPs should be 110%

Dont use any power/mastery augments. You want crit and alacrity augs as well.

Edited by lightSaberAddiCt

you might want to look up the best rotation for a lightening sorc. I know that our lightening sorcerer averages around 5.4k/sec dps in OPs. But he also has a 5 piece set bonus of 216 assembled. Also, look into min/maxing. What the BiS is for mods and enhancements.

Also you accuracy is low, it looks like. And your alacrity. Peak alacrity should be close to 800, and your accuracy if your doing OPs should be 110%

oh I know mate I'm at 107% accuracy I would like to be around 900 alacrity which I am working on it just seems to me that the burst output is weaker then other dps classes

Okay someone told me to use some power augments. Now who is right. I have mainly crit and alacrity but I do have 4 power. So now I am curious.

1. 110% in pve is a must, not optional

2. For augs use crit/alacrity to find balance in the current meta; mastery/power best-in-slot is from older metas

Still in doubt? The check this link for current meta.

this is not necessarily correct. accuracy is only needed against operations bosses. leveling mobs, heroics, flashpoints, and pretty much everything else does not require any accuracy. i don't know if bolster gives any accuracy or not, but it may even just be hm ops that need accuracy.

Okay someone told me to use some power augments. Now who is right. I have mainly crit and alacrity but I do have 4 power. So now I am curious.

Well crit suffers from diminishing returns, so piling all in on Crit is in itself not the best strategy, hence the funneling into Alacrity. However, a large part of the burst damage for a Lightning spec comes through the crits on Thundering Blast (which auto-crits if you have the right build and rotation, plus super-crits every 9 seconds, iirc), so while the individual hits may not be up in the 20k+ region like some other classes, you should find yourself hitting crits much more frequently, leading to a higher sustained burst.

Bant's Optimal Stats thread (sorry, I cannot find it at the moment, but it is somewhere up here on the forums, please can somebody put me out of my misery and find the link?) lists the following stat values as being, umm, optimal, for a Lightning Sorc. Some people like to drop a little crit for alacrity, but the differences are negligible either way, so as a pretty close ballpark figure to aim for I would suggest using this...

(E = Enhancement, A = Augment, C = Crystal)

216 Defiant Gear

4969 Mastery

2639 Power

1213 Critical Rating (6xE, 3xA, 2xC)

730 Alacrity (10xA)

681 Accuracy (4xE, 1xA)

220 Exarch Gear

5158 Mastery

2779 Power

1247 Critical Rating (5xE, 5xA ,2xC)

772 Alacrity (3xE, 4xA)

685 Accuracy (2xE, 5xA)

224 Ultimate Exarch Gear

5372 Mastery

2931 Power

1287 Critical Rating (5xE, 5xA, 2xC)

796 Alacrity (3xE, 4xA)

701 Accuracy (2xE, 5xA)

Well crit suffers from diminishing returns, so piling all in on Crit is in itself not the best strategy, hence the funneling into Alacrity. However, a large part of the burst damage for a Lightning spec comes through the crits on Thundering Blast (which auto-crits if you have the right build and rotation, plus super-crits every 9 seconds, iirc), so while the individual hits may not be up in the 20k+ region like some other classes, you should find yourself hitting crits much more frequently, leading to a higher sustained burst.

Bant's Optimal Stats thread (sorry, I cannot find it at the moment, but it is somewhere up here on the forums, please can somebody put me out of my misery and find the link?) lists the following stat values as being, umm, optimal, for a Lightning Sorc. Some people like to drop a little crit for alacrity, but the differences are negligible either way, so as a pretty close ballpark figure to aim for I would suggest using this...

(E = Enhancement, A = Augment, C = Crystal)

216 Defiant Gear

4969 Mastery

2639 Power

1213 Critical Rating (6xE, 3xA, 2xC)

730 Alacrity (10xA)

681 Accuracy (4xE, 1xA)

220 Exarch Gear

5158 Mastery

2779 Power

1247 Critical Rating (5xE, 5xA ,2xC)

772 Alacrity (3xE, 4xA)

685 Accuracy (2xE, 5xA)

224 Ultimate Exarch Gear

5372 Mastery

2931 Power

1287 Critical Rating (5xE, 5xA, 2xC)

796 Alacrity (3xE, 4xA)

701 Accuracy (2xE, 5xA)

Thanks then I need to do some changing on the power and check the ratio of the other 3. My accuracy is 107 atm with gear at 216/220

this is not necessarily correct. accuracy is only needed against operations bosses. leveling mobs, heroics, flashpoints, and pretty much everything else does not require any accuracy. i don't know if bolster gives any accuracy or not, but it may even just be hm ops that need accuracy.

I thought that the OP was asking for end game pve, so 110% accuracy is a must for the challenging content; for everything else who cares about optimizing stats since firstly you cant achieve this while levelling and secondly in end game sm ops bolsters also works. Have around 107% in 190 green gear before and something like 111-112% when in an sm operation instance.