The False Emperer my *****

You have to obey the mechanics even in solo mode:

interrupt as often as possible. He has three cast abilities that can be interrupted and they all hurt to varying degrees

click the console by the big gun to reduce his damage dealt.

due to AOE damage it is better to use a ranged companion, that way when the targeted AOE comes out not everyone is hit by it.

It can be done in hard mode. I have done it with a group but you need to click the turret and interrupt. We always assign one person to watch the turret. Hint not the healer unless everyone is fairly high in health then a healer can click the turret.

Also check gear requirements as it is very different than solo requirements.

Edited by casirabit

Also, 300% is not a wipe. But i think this part may be glitchy indeed if you spam turret too much, went up to 300% as well when we did it but was outhealable without much of a problem. One word: interrupt. Assign them even if needed.

It can be done in hard mode. I have done it with a group but you need to click the turret and interrupt. We always assign one person to watch the turret. Hint not the healer unless everyone is fairly high in health then a healer can click the turret.

Ranged dps then :)

I just did it with my Mara last night. You don't need rDPS to beat this guy, just follow the mechanics and interrupt him, it isnt that difficult.

QFT how are people complaining about these FPs, me and my fiance can duo tacticle fps, better than with a group with 2 other idiots who dont know how to play.

Learn the mechanics and know your roles, and dont aggro everything in sight at once. TACTICLE using tactics to win.

4 dps can do most of em, using tactics

I like how some people are trashing the guys complaining for "not knowing mechanics" even though this is a legit complaint.

Jindo has a lot of abilities that do a lot of damage - Warship Missile Barrage and Flame Sweep both hurt like hell. And the turret is broken; it can't be used more than once or twice, depending. That didn't used to be the case. It used to be that you'd use the turret every time the ship came in, and Jindo would raise his shield for awhile, then the shield would go down and the ship would come back in, and you'd keep turreting the ship until it blew up, which took away Jindo's shield for good, then you'd burn Jindo to the ground. Now, there's no shield, and interrupts have a longer cooldown which makes it wayyyyy harder to prevent Flame Sweep and Warship Missile Barrage from going off, and you only get one or two turret shots.

That doesn't mean the boss can't be cleared; he can, if you've got a group that's got good control over its interrupts, a tank with decent mitigation, and a good healer. I've done it a couple times this past week because of conquest. But I've also seen groups wipe badly on him because of poor interrupt coordination or, most egregiously, mediocre healing. There's a lot of unavoidable damage in the fight now because the turrets don't work like they used to, which puts more pressure on healers, which means you can't screw around.

I don't know if this is broken or if this is WAD for post-4.0, but Jindo is unquestionably a much harder kill than he used to be, and he's way out of sync with the difficulty of the rest of the FP.

Just tried the Twin Robots myself. I stayed in the blue circle as advised and still got wiped. My companion, the super robot, and I. Do not know what else to do other then getting a part to help or report it for being a bug.

UPDATE: The "shielding" robot hits you for the exact amount of your health. Whether you are in the blue circle of he uses it's throwing attack.

Edited by GoldenDragoon

I can confirm that Jindo Krey is bugged in HM. Earlier I tried to run FE HM solo since I was bored and found that the turret/ship wouldn't respond to me clicking the turret, which led to me dying as the ship got to 300% increased damage.

Proof:

Having done the tactical version of Jindo Krey's fight a few hours ago, I can confirm that the fight can bug out. While I haven't done the HM of it since around January, it did still bug out for reasons I will list below. However, there is a solution that I have done recently and in the past. Before the changes with 4.0 I used to solo run the HM version of False Emperor for decos (the statue of the emperor was a really nice seller before it went away :( ). In doing those runs I discovered something rather...odd. See the shield phase mechanic has two parts to it that are linked with one another in a manner that if one breaks the other part could break:

1. After the turret is used, the ship moves back and Krey uses his shield until it is destroyed.

2. During the shield phase, the ship fires missiles towards the red targets of doom that appear on the ground.

It's that last part of the first one in combination with the second part that screws things up. Prior to 4.0, the damage output a decently skilled player could put out was still within acceptable range to not bug the fight. However, I will add that even in 3.0 a high damaging class could still break the shield within seconds of it being deployed so the chance of the fight glitching was still there albeit just very, very close. Then 4.0 happened and with it came a major change that pushed that chance from very slim to absolutely going to happen--the level cap increase. With the cap increase, came better gear for over-overgearing, and with that came a damage increase, and with the damage increase came stronger dps. Which means the already tissue paper thin shield that Krey uses might as well be made out of duct tape and unicorn farts.

And that's where the bug happens. Remember that red circle I mentioned earlier? If Krey's shield falls off before the red circle appears one the ground then the fight will bug. And this can and will happen at any shield phase point. Meaning if the team allows the red circle to appear the first time but not the second, then the fight will bug during the second time because the cue system is waiting for a cue that never happened (okay technically it does happen, its just that the server can't keep up with the massive amount of damage in such a short amount of time so it bugs out waiting for a cue that it missed).

The solution is after the turret control is pressed and the ship moves back, wait a few seconds for the red circle to appear (if you want to be extra safe let the first missile hit the ground) then engage him. Do that every time there is a shield phase and the problem should go away. If you don't do this (or you just want to parse your dps in a combat situation) then be ready for the mad dps race as you have to finish the fight before the output gets high enough to wipe the group (usually around 400-500% with good use of defensive cooldowns and a rock solid healer or 300-400% with poor defensives and a lack luster healer).

Hopefully this helps explains what is happening in that fight for both the players and the game devs if they decide they want to fix it. :)

TL;DR version: The fight is bugging because Krey's shield is dropping too fast during the shield phase. Solution: during the shield phases wait for the red circles to appear before dpsing him down again.