Making Credits Fast 4.0

PlagaNerezza

Judust Jax Quick Tips

Lets Keep this Fast and Efficient for New Players and Returning Players

• Take Treasure Hunting and run Rich/Wealthy yields missions. This is the most lucrative crew skill.
  • Take the Slicing skill and run Rich yield missions only level 9,8, and 7. Sell extra missions on the GTN.
  • Run Weekly Heroics in Groups of 4 and always do the bonus. Pro Tip: Tatooine is the best planet.
  • Run Daily Operations and attempt to obtain the DMC (Usually a Roll). (Dark Matter Catalyst )
  • Complete Conquest Objectives for the Week. Pro Tip Alts as well.
    • Sell the Mats Obtained by Trading the Scrap at the Jawa's In the Fleet Cartel

• Sell the SMC (Strategic Resource Matrix) GTN Varies but about 400K

• Complete PVP and Starfighter Weekly Objectives (Counts Towards Conquest)
    • Use Fleet Comm's From GSF to Sell Decoration: Starship: Imperial Scout or Starship Republic Scout

• After Purchasing PVP Gear and banking PVP Comm's to 10k. Use Comm's to Sell High Value Decorations Use GTN to Determine Best Per Comm Value. GTN Sale Price Divided by Comm Price

Crafting is not for everyone. Try this tip. Level a Crafting crew skill. Sell the Components Used to Make Higher End Items on the GTN for easy credits. Take Armormech or Armsmech and Scavenging.

• Harvest when running missions your component needs to make the green assembly components.
  • Reverse Engineering these components always Yield MK-9 Components.
    • Mk-9 components needed in stacks of 10 to craft Augment Kits.

[*]Sell them on the GTN.

Polished Aluminium Armor Assembly Component (Armormech 500)

• 2 Polished Aluminum
  • 2 Polished Laminoid
  • 2 Endothermic Flux

Polished Aluminium Arms Assembly Component (Armstech 500)

• 2 Polished Aluminum
  • 2 Polished Laminoid
  • 2 Endothermic Flux

Polished Aluminum and Laminoid Harvesting:

• Easiest way to get those is probably salvaging droids in FPs/OPs
  • The spawned nodes are in the Breaktown section of Zaakuul.

What to Spend Cartel Coins on to Make Money?

• Purchase Hypercrates and sell the packs individually on the GTN.
  • Open the Packs and sell high value items on the GTN.
    • You may want to hold a hypercrates for 3-6 months. Older packs rise in value with age.

Hot Materials Quick Guide

Run Slicing Missions Level 9. Rich Yield.

Siniteen Hyper-Scrappers

Run Diplomacy Missions Level 9. RIch Yield

Delta Wave Inducer

Resource Gathering Missions:

Cranoran Thread

Endothermic Flux

Vapro-sampler

These will crit for about 24. They sell for 2,200 from the vendor. A tidy profit can be turned on these white materials. You are better off going to the materials spawns on Zakuul or the New Mandalorian Invasion planet than running the level 9 purple materials missions. They yield less value and cost credits. I sell them as the materials they yield on harbringer are currently heavily deflated due to an oversupply of mats.

A Great Beginner Guide on Materials (mats) can be found in this SWTOR Thread.

Edited by PlagaNerezza
Added Treasure Hunting

Some great tips a lot will find handy

One to add to it tho

Take up slicing, it might of got the nerf bat, but it's still free credits whilst you running around doing conquest objectives

This.

You'll also quite often get rich yield missions for slicing and other crew skills as rewards, and the ones you can't use can be sold on the GTN. A couple routinely go for tens of thousands of credits. It quickly adds up if you're slicing often.

Edited by Aeneas_Falco

My additional bit of advice would be to have patience. Yes this thread is about fast credits, but two of the tips require grouping (heroics and Ops), and the time it takes to find a group can and will slow you down. Furthermore doing the same things over and over WILL lead to burnout. And what's the point of making all those credits if you get sick of playing the game?

My additional bit of advice would be to have patience. Yes this thread is about fast credits, but two of the tips require grouping (heroics and Ops), and the time it takes to find a group can and will slow you down. Furthermore doing the same things over and over WILL lead to burnout. And what's the point of making all those credits if you get sick of playing the game?

The heroics take under 1 hour to run grouped and their is constant calls for heroic runs on fleet. Once you get to lvl 65 you will be repeating a lot of content. I recommend doing 1 SM operations per log in Event for PVE players. Stay away from Tanking operations until you have done the fight a few times and can ask the tank about the mechanics.

Starting Tuesday is Karagga''s Palace. This is a priority operation. Priority operations drop Nightmare Mode Gear in Hard Mode settings. Its an easy operation. You'll burn out on this, but its a good way to make credits and get some good loot.

Buy hypercrates, open, sell unopened packs on the GTN.

What is your typical method of purchasing the hypercrates? Do you use granted Cartel Coins? Do you buy from the GTN a hypercrate? Do you purchase Cartel Coins and then buy the hypercrate? What is your rate of return for each method? Thank you!

The heroics take under 1 hour to run grouped and their is constant calls for heroic runs on fleet. Once you get to lvl 65 you will be repeating a lot of content. I recommend doing 1 SM operations per log in Event for PVE players. Stay away from Tanking operations until you have done the fight a few times and can ask the tank about the mechanics.

What server do you play on? On the Harbinger, when I have been on fleet (most near or at prime time), I see an average of one group forming for heroics (one player LFM). Furthermore it is most often on Tuesday and then there is a STEEP drop off.

And as for operations are you taking into account the 15 minutes to an hour to form the group up? Yes, in weeks like this where KP is the priority HM operation there will be lots of players looking to run that operation and therefore groups should form up quickly. But again most of those will be tonight with a steep drop off the rest of the week.

All I'm saying is that you make sound like there are groups forming for heroics and operation all night long every night of the week, and I'm saying I don't see it.

What server do you play on? On the Harbinger, when I have been on fleet (most near or at prime time), I see an average of one group forming for heroics (one player LFM). Furthermore it is most often on Tuesday and then there is a STEEP drop off.

And as for operations are you taking into account the 15 minutes to an hour to form the group up? Yes, in weeks like this where KP is the priority HM operation there will be lots of players looking to run that operation and therefore groups should form up quickly. But again most of those will be tonight with a steep drop off the rest of the week.

All I'm saying is that you make sound like there are groups forming for heroics and operation all night long every night of the week, and I'm saying I don't see it.

I play Imperial Side Harbinger. I was originally a PVP player moved to POT5 during the first server consolidation. I move to Harbinger a few months ago.

I constantly get heroic groups on fleet. I constantly see messages for them. I have no idea what issue you are encountering. This is not at all a problem. About the only time I cannot find 4 people willing to group for this is way off hours. 7am eastern on a west coast server. I'm 100% positive given the bonus return you won't have an issue if you are reading this thread. Its a 100% guaranteed 700K+ running Tatooine heroics grouped in 4. Most people with run the entire week. I am never that hungry for credits. However, if you need to credits and want to get a quick 5 million running heroics 4-man is going to get you 5 million.

You are not an Operations player clearly. EV and KP is run every week 7 days a week off fleet. They drop mainhand and offhand at the last boss. It is constantly being run in SM and HM. The mechanics are super easy and only require a single geared tank and descent healers. I've run them off hours. On hours. 8am eastern time. 2 am eastern time. I've never had a problem picking up Eternity Vault and Karaggas Palace in 8 man standard Mode and Hard Mode. You don't have to be a healer or tank. On Harbinger Imp side this is run without fail constantly all week.

If you want gear and loot these operations are your best option.

If you're able to take part in the dailies for the Rakghoul event (lasting until the 12th), a good way to make a lot of credits is to turn in the Rakghoul DNA cannisters you get as quest rewards to the Jawa vendor in the heroic area for one of the higher rated Black-Green color crystals. Each crystal goes for four of the Rakghoul cannisters.

The crystals are BOE rather than BOP, so you can then turn around and sell it on the GTN for a few hundred thousand credits each. There are always people who will buy rather than doing the quests for the reward, so you can potentially sell a crystal each day. You can make more than a million easily off the Rakghoul event alone, spending less than an hour each day running dailies and GTNing the color crystals.

Edited by Aeneas_Falco

PlagaNerezza

Honestly, I have no interest in running heroics for credits. I make 10 million a week in about 3.5 hours (across 7 days; that's logging in for 20 minutes ten times a week) crafting for profit. I have not "played the game for credits" (for lack of a better phrase) e.g. done dailies, heroics, etc in a VERY long time (1.x Black Hole Dailies). For me the rewards for "playing the game" are a non-factor; I participate in aspects of the game (e.g. FPs, Ops, dailies, heroics, PvP, GSF) because I want to engage in those aspects of the game not because I want the rewards.

My only point was that when I am on fleet (pub side) in prime times, I see lots of FP groups and lots of Ops groups but very few heroics groups.

And my caution is that I have personally burned out many times over across many games, "playing for game currency." What is the point of playing the game to death to get credits when, at the end of the day, you will not want to play anymore? That is the reason for my OP in this thread: patience is something you need to have longevity in an MMO.

Edited by psandak

PlagaNerezza

Honestly, I have no interest in running heroics for credits. I make 10 million a week in about 3.5 hours (across 7 days; that's logging in for 20 minutes ten times a week) crafting for profit. I have not "played the game for credits" (for lack of a better phrase) e.g. done dailies, heroics, etc in a VERY long time (1.x Black Hole Dailies). For me the rewards for "playing the game" are a non-factor; I participate in aspects of the game (e.g. FPs, Ops, dailies, heroics, PvP, GSF) because I want to engage in those aspects of the game not because I want the rewards.

My only point was that when I am on fleet (pub side) in prime times, I see lots of FP groups and lots of Ops groups but very few heroics groups.

And my caution is that I have personally burned out many times over across many games, "playing for game currency." What is the point of playing the game to death to get credits when, at the end of the day, you will not want to play anymore? That is the reason for my OP in this thread: patience is something you need to have longevity in an MMO.

Do what activities please you. I don't think anyone is advocating you personally do an activity of the listed items. Like I said. Heroic +4 will get for each planet about 700k per major planet in credits to spend in under 1 hr. You may want to augment your armor. This is a great way to afford that pricey activity. You want to customize and mod that armor set? Heroics are a good way to pay for this expense.

I don't play the get 100 million credits in the bank game either. I buy decorations and do some gear modding. The majority of my credits banked are just their to afford whatever thing I want. I keep about 10-15 million in the bank on my main with another few million scattered on alts.

The key to the fun aspect is that your doing a rewarding activity.

If you're able to take part in the dailies for the Rakghoul event (lasting until the 12th), a good way to make a lot of credits is to turn in the Rakghoul DNA cannisters you get as quest rewards to the Jawa vendor in the heroic area for one of the higher rated Black-Green color crystals. Each crystal goes for four of the Rakghoul cannisters.

The crystals are BOE rather than BOP, so you can then turn around and sell it on the GTN for a few hundred thousand credits each. There are always people who will buy rather than doing the quests for the reward, so you can potentially sell a crystal each day. You can make more than a million easily off the Rakghoul event alone, spending less than an hour each day running dailies and GTNing the color crystals.

To add to this event thread: The Operations available on this event are lucrative and very easy to complete. They drop a sellable item called Barnacle of the Eyeless. This is a critical item for purchasing event high end items, like personnel, pets and mounts. It sells for a very nice price. When doing the weekly operations make sure to check your raid rules. It is good credits, gear and XP if your looking for an easier operations grouping activity. Just remember stay out of the AOE! Last night to run the operations. I have 1 or 2 alts left to run this tonight.

See you in the tunnels!

Do what activities please you. I don't think anyone is advocating you personally do an activity of the listed items. Like I said. Heroic +4 will get for each planet about 700k per major planet in credits to spend in under 1 hr. You may want to augment your armor. This is a great way to afford that pricey activity. You want to customize and mod that armor set? Heroics are a good way to pay for this expense.

I don't play the get 100 million credits in the bank game either. I buy decorations and do some gear modding. The majority of my credits banked are just their to afford whatever thing I want. I keep about 10-15 million in the bank on my main with another few million scattered on alts.

The key to the fun aspect is that your doing a rewarding activity.

My apologies, misunderstanding in your previous post. I thought you were aiming your comments at me directly not the more global "you". I thought you were telling ME to run heroics for credits. This is why I avoid using the word "you" (in the global sense) in my posts unless I am trying to communicate with a specific person. Take the statement below:

However, if you need to credits and want to get a quick 5 million running heroics 4-man is going to get you 5 million.

I would have written it:

However, if one needs credits and wants to get a quick 5 million, running heroics 4-man is going to get one 5 million.

And by the way, I am an operations runner. The fact of the matter though is that my main is two pieces shy of full 224 (offhand and an implant) and my primary alts are at least 4 piece 220. So running HM EV and KP have very little for me anymore.

And you are right, just last night I was just standing around on fleet for about an hour (I was tabbed out with my web browser off to one side so I could see chat) and there were several EV and KP group forming at any one time, there were a couple of FP groups forming...but there were zero heroic groups. Just sayin'.

To add to this event thread: The Operations available on this event are lucrative and very easy to complete. They drop a sellable item called Barnacle of the Eyeless. This is a critical item for purchasing event high end items, like personnel, pets and mounts. It sells for a very nice price. When doing the weekly operations make sure to check your raid rules. It is good credits, gear and XP if your looking for an easier operations grouping activity. Just remember stay out of the AOE! Last night to run the operations. I have 1 or 2 alts left to run this tonight.

See you in the tunnels!

Question have they fixed the ability to post the Barnacle to the GTN? Last I tried, it could not be. That means "selling" it via chat....I HATE that :mad:

Question have they fixed the ability to post the Barnacle to the GTN? Last I tried, it could not be. That means "selling" it via chat....I HATE that :mad:

No they haven't adjusted some loot items. I view the planetary decorations the same way. Similar item that is not GTN eligible, but tradeable.

This week's Priority Operation that drops 220 and 224 gear is called EC. This is short for Explosive Conflict. This is a more advanced HM with more empathizes on the Tanks following the mechanic. If you haven't done this yet as a new player its a very enjoyable Operation. A bit long. Has the potential to drop some fairly descent loot. Even if you just do the First Boss. The decorations are cool out of this for your stronghold. Give Standard Mode a try. Please watch the video before your first run if you haven't done this before.

A solid guide with videos is linked

Additional tip for the week, Clean out your bank accounts. I found about 200-300k in pure junk I sold off. It adds up fast and will net a tidy profit if you have old gear sets. I have old armor I keep and haven't worn in 2 years. However, you might want to sell some of this dust bunny gear. Not a big item, but still offers a handsome reward for basically freeing up some space.

Edited by PlagaNerezza

No they haven't adjusted some loot items. I view the planetary decorations the same way. Similar item that is not GTN eligible, but tradeable.

:( :( :(

This week's Priority Operation that drops 220 and 224 gear is called EC. This is short for Explosive Conflict. This is a more advanced HM with more empathizes on the Tanks following the mechanic. If you haven't done this yet as a new player its a very enjoyable Operation. A bit long. Has the potential to drop some fairly descent loot. Even if you just do the First Boss. The decorations are cool out of this for your stronghold. Give Standard Mode a try. Please watch the video before your first run if you haven't done this before.

A solid guide with videos is linked

Is the highlighted sarcasm? EC was the first mechanics heavy operation where if you do not follow the mechanics you DIE. This makes it not "very enjoyable."

My guild cleared it on NiM prior to 4.0 and when it came up as the priority op this week we seriously considered doing something else; the common questions were:

we doing EC?

we doing the first boss?

we doing a full clear?

Surprisingly, we got to and through the stormcaller and firebrand with relative ease (we usually stumble on S&F), kephess was the bad fight dying to stupid a lot :p

Additional tip for the week, Clean out your bank accounts. I found about 200-300k in pure junk I sold off. It adds up fast and will net a tidy profit if you have old gear sets. I have old armor I keep and haven't worn in 2 years. However, you might want to sell some of this dust bunny gear. Not a big item, but still offers a handsome reward for basically freeing up some space.

I completely agree. Everyone has different tastes, what you think looks horrible is tre chic to someone else. You may not get a lot of credits, but credits are better than those items sitting in your cargo.

:( :( :(

Is the highlighted sarcasm? EC was the first mechanics heavy operation where if you do not follow the mechanics you DIE. This makes it not "very enjoyable."

My guild cleared it on NiM prior to 4.0 and when it came up as the priority op this week we seriously considered doing something else; the common questions were:

we doing EC?

we doing the first boss?

we doing a full clear?

Surprisingly, we got to and through the stormcaller and firebrand with relative ease (we usually stumble on S&F), kephess was the bad fight dying to stupid a lot :p

I completely agree. Everyone has different tastes, what you think looks horrible is tre chic to someone else. You may not get a lot of credits, but credits are better than those items sitting in your cargo.

EC may have mechanics that have a wipe, but the DPS checks are soft and for DPS players its not all that tough. Unlike say DF/DP. The first two fights boss fights are really simple. They probably have a 75% first time pass rate if your tanks have tanked these before. Again even if you do the first 2 you got 220 and 224 gear drops on those bosses, plus DMC's. I'm not saying this is an "easy" operations. Run it in SM. Its pretty straight forward. I like it better than TFB's mechanics.

• 2 weeks later...

Underworld Trading Materials:

It seems that Rank 2 and 3 materials are very hard to come by these days. These missions are short to run and the yield should be sufficient to return you a pretty easy reward.

If you have underworld trading and have older purple materials (mats) or want to run some level 2 and 3 missions the yield is pretty high. The crafting missions are empty on my server for a fair price on these. You are looking at a pretty nice yield for easy fast crew skill runs.

• 2 weeks later...

How do you all feel about the return on the Enternal Championship? I've not found it to be at all work the rewards that are provided for completing this daily.

I was hoping to add to this section a write up on this event, but it seems not to be yielding credits or trinkets in any substance that would make running this more than a few times worth the effort.

• 3 weeks later...

Gear and Credit Tip for the Weekend.

This weekend is the Rakghoul Event on Tattooine. The Operation Boss the Eyeless drops very good loot for a very easy kill without an enrage timer. You can do this on HM and get some very nice gear. If you die in HM you can re-enter the fight. Most people will run it in both SM and HM. You should take the 30 minutes on all level 65's you have that have basic gear and do this event boss.

The HM drops 220 Gear, DMC's, Exotic Element Stabilizers and Barnacles of the Eyeless. This is all great value for a very simple operation boss that can be run undermanned. Two healers and a tank that knows how to run the boss in a giant loop is all you need. Kill the adds for the group. Don't stand in very easy to identify puddles and watch out for purple around boss every so often and this might be the easiest 220 gear you roll on.

The other thing it drops in bulk is the Rakghoul DNA Cannisters that are used to purchase gear and decorations. These are great to collect in bulk as the decorations sell on the GTN for a nice margin.

See you in the tunnels....