Was there tweak to critical success since 4.2?

Vercundus

I know that this would sound like another thread complaining about RNG, but since 4.2 I have a feeling that something is different. I've level 48 companion I'm sending on slicing missions to get purple mats. I get those less than 5% of over 50 missions, while crit for that companion is way higher. Also, I find that my around level 30 companions on other toons seem to have better purple mat result, but with more overall failures.

I understand that it could be just "bad luck" but I cannot help to think that distribution curve is changed? What distribution is RNG using anyway? Normal?

Not too long ago, I was playing on my main for an extended period (bad weather weekend day), and I could not get a slicing crit to save my life. Using companions that are all rank 35+, I ran about 50 missions and got two crits (and one of those was a lockbox). Then the flood gates opened, eight sliced parts crits in ten missions :D.

My more normal rate of success is that in a given pass across my characters (I have seven slicers, two missions each), I will get three or four crits using rank 20+ companions.

My point is that it is just bad luck.

Edited by psandak

In statistics there is no such thing as "luck".

After some additional careful monitoring, seems like crit for level 8 is way lower than for level 9.

I know that each event is independent of another, but that also leaves possibility for a "good luck", which, of course, (almost) never happens, al least I never got more than 2 successful crits in a row, and then endless wait for another.

No answer on probability law for RNG?

• 3 weeks later...

I was wondering that as well, because I've noticed I'm not getting the same amounts of purple mats as I was for my biochem & my slicer.

I'm literally sitting on like 700 blues from the damned medical supplies and received maybe 10 delta waves out of it, and it's about the same with slicing. :mad:

• 2 weeks later...

last week I need Vacierite Memory Cores and in GTN prices very expensive.

So I sent my crew to find in the default mission. and I got my first 3 x Vacierite Memory Core and some Sonic Imprint Sensor

and here is my trick :

1) I send all Vacierite Memory Core and all Sonic Imprint to my other character for * clear my inventory *

2) and try to send my crew to do same thing again about 3-5 time and ..I got a next 3 x Vacierite Memory Core

3) I do step 1) again

For the total I got 20 x Vacierite Memory Core... wow :p ( may be I too much lucky :)

I did not try this trick in 4.4 yet .

I hope you will have the same lucky like me.

( sorry for my bad english)

Edited by Karost

• 4 weeks later...
Also tip ... make sure to get a companion up to lvl 40-50 influence. This increases the chance of purple mats dropping from Rich missions. For example, my Sentinel has a lvl 50 influence Lana and a Lvl 43 influence Blizz. I ran about 10 Bio crew skill missions yesterday, got 21 Delta Wave thingies from it.

Also tip ... make sure to get a companion up to lvl 40-50 influence. This increases the chance of purple mats dropping from Rich missions. For example, my Sentinel has a lvl 50 influence Lana and a Lvl 43 influence Blizz. I ran about 10 Bio crew skill missions yesterday, got 21 Delta Wave thingies from it.

While true, doing so is a significant investment in credits and time. We're talking several hundred thousand credits, and/or hours of time per companion to get their influence rank that high.