How would you grade the new chapter (POTENTIAL SPOILERS)

Shwarzchild

How would people grade the new chapter? Personally, I give it a 5/10. There were some good moments in there. What really took away from it was the forced combat to make it take longer.

I did like:

If you blew up the city you got a very "fight-club-esk" moment where the towers blew up and burned as you and your lady friend looked on.

and

Koth leaving. Ain't nobody got time for that crybaby.

and

Pissing Arcann off so much that he kills half of his population of Knights, and seeing the doubt start to rise on Vaalyn's face.

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2/10

It was incredibly awful. You get three identical objectives in a row, in boring areas fighting pointless and boring trash mobs over and over again. And you can't avoid them! They're scripted to attack you, so you can't even stealth past them. Then you get a final area with the same generic trash mobs and a boring boss fight.

And the whole story was basically a fast-forward of the agents interactions with Kaliyo, showing just how much of a detestable, worthless character she is, and then they don't let us kill her! They force us to take her and act like we're best damn friends!

I have no excitement for future content.

8/10

I defiantly enjoyed all the class specific dialogue for the agent (With the plus of just how pissed/afraid Kaliyo sounds when she see's me), the levels were nice to look at (I guess), voice acting and cutscenes are still good and the ending boss fight was pretty neat.

Bummed that I couldn't kill her though... ANd that I accidentally drove away Koth...

What do you mean with..

Koth leaving? I went in on my full LS char so she does all kinds of nice things soo..?

I'd give it a 6/10.. I approve of Kaliyo's story, she is who she is but I thought the chapter was too short, there were too many unnecessary mobs that you HAVE TO fight and it seemed a bit bland. I'd also hoped for more 'personal' interactions with my EXISTING alliance, Theron/Lana etc., a continuation of the romance you've started in Chapter 9 but nope.

Also..

Which 5 worlds did they bomb?

What do you mean with..

Koth leaving? I went in on my full LS char so she does all kinds of nice things soo..?

I'd give it a 6/10.. I approve of Kaliyo's story, she is who she is but I thought the chapter was too short, there were too many unnecessary mobs that you HAVE TO fight and it seemed a bit bland. I'd also hoped for more 'personal' interactions with my EXISTING alliance, Theron/Lana etc., a continuation of the romance you've started in Chapter 9 but nope.

Also..

If you let Kaliyo blow up all those buildings at the end, Koth attempts to steal the Gravestone and leaves the alliance. Also, depending on your actions in chapter 1, Ralo might leave with him.

If you let Kaliyo blow up all those buildings at the end, Koth attempts to steal the Gravestone and leaves the alliance. Also, depending on your actions in chapter 1, Ralo might leave with him.

FUN! I'm so gonna do that on one of my toons on which I really don't care much for their alliance :D

I rate it a 7/10

The good:

• My sorc's real genocidal. I like how she had the opportunity to exact some vengeance via the DS option.
  • Kaliyo certainly got darker since the agent story.
  • Finally got to see some choices matter.
  • I'm Koth free now... but see below.

The bad:

• The tedious trash mobs. ESPECIALLY the ones firign from the other side of the map
  • I didn't get to kill Koth where he stood. My sorc has killed for lesser affronts than "tell me why I shouldn't leave right now", and then he was allowed to leave. :mad:
  • Bugs

Edited by DarthThuzad

Story wise it was pretty good, took me 70 minutes to complete the main chapter so basically the way I see it now that's like watching a 4 part arc from The Clone Wars which would also take a month to release a full 4 part arc.

However there was just so many damn bugs... Enemies attacking me from 80 meters away yet they don't do anything, enemies or even my companion that just stand still until I either attack them or give the order to attack manually on the companion bar. There was loads more little bugs but the combat overall has become very very unejoyable.

I really think Bioware needs to get out of this format, I would have liked KOTFE part 1 and then have KOTFE part 2 released all at once either late summer/ early autumn this year that way they would have time to actually go through and test things better, this current system is just focused around making money by keeping people subscribed monthly however the result is an untested bug filled mess.

2/10

It was incredibly awful. You get three identical objectives in a row, in boring areas fighting pointless and boring trash mobs over and over again. And you can't avoid them! They're scripted to attack you, so you can't even stealth past them. Then you get a final area with the same generic trash mobs and a boring boss fight.

And the whole story was basically a fast-forward of the agents interactions with Kaliyo, showing just how much of a detestable, worthless character she is, and then they don't let us kill her! They force us to take her and act like we're best damn friends!

I have no excitement for future content.

This pretty much nailed it. It was a waste having that as our only real content we are getting.

What do you mean with..

Also..

The chapter felt incredibly short compared to the other chapters. Honestly, it felt like a recruitment alert instead of a chapter which I really didn't approve of. which is another reason why I scored it a 5. In my mind these chapters have to be special, and noticeably better than alert missions. This one didn't seem that way. The whole you must fight every mob here was such a turn off. It was obviously a ploy to keep you in the chapter longer which also I totally disprove of. The work should stand alone, and not have to be bumped up by pointless mob fighting. I hope the next chapter is bit more robust. I, like you, liked Kaliyo. But, really I guess I just didn't see it as worthy of an actual chapter. Some of it in that chapter were great story points, but the whole focus on kaliyo seemed misplaced.

But, anyway to your question yes you went light side so you didn't get the dark side "ending" I referenced. It's great.

I give it a 4/10. I found the quests dull, basically blowing up the same thing over and over, then the fights. I hate Kaliyo's guts and I'm very disappointed that after 4 months of looking forward to shooting her in the face, I couldn't.

Also don't care if Koth leaves, good riddance to an annoying character. Also disappointing--no Theron flirts. I wanted to be consoled after that forced adventure with Kaliyo. Yeah, we burned the place, but it was her fault. Why didn't I get to kill her after that? I would have loved executing her. :mad:

I'm looking forward to the future, but only because my favorites are still out there, Quinn, Vector, Lord Scourge...I sincerely hope they will do them justice and that I can get them back.

Edited by Lunafox

I give it a 4/10. I found the quests dull, basically blowing up the same thing over and over, then the fights. I hate Kaliyo's guts and I'm very disappointed that after 4 months of looking forward to shooting her in the face, I couldn't.

Also don't care if Koth leaves, good riddance to an annoying character. Also disappointing--no Theron flirts. I wanted to be consoled after that forced adventure with Kaliyo. Yeah, we burned the place, but it was her fault. Why didn't I get to kill her after that? I would have loved executing her. :mad:

I'm looking forward to the future, but only because my favorites are still out there, Quinn, Vector, Lord Scourge...I sincerely hope they will do them justice and that I can get them back.

That was the biggest disappointment for me. I wanted one thing, just ONE thing from all of kotfe, and that was to finally kill off the most annoying companions that it makes no sense that you are forced to team up with. Especially Kaliyo and Skadge, the two who are just as likely to shoot you as they are your enemies. And they couldn't even give me that much. Won't be too hard for me to not care about swtor after all of this.

He only leaves if you blew up the spire (not sure if you also have to destroy the reactor in chapter 3).

Just the spire. I got annoyed because the ls agent LS choice is not what my agent would say to talk Kaliyo down so I picked the whatever choice. He still left even though every single other one of my actions was LS XD

Edited by Raynezazki