world 1st's

As the title suggests,

Im interested to know who has world 1st clears of all the nim ops starting at df and dp and all the way back to kp ev and ec, and now only HM's , but thats a different topic....

For instance

ToS HM - Zorz world 1st

I believe they got rav world 1st also no?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As the title suggests,

Im interested to know who has world 1st clears of all the nim ops starting at df and dp and all the way back to kp ev and ec, and now only HM's , but thats a different topic....

For instance

ToS HM - Zorz world 1st

I believe they got rav world 1st also no?

Zorz also got world first Dread Council, Seven Stuck got world first Brontes

I linked progression sheets where possible.

8m

HM ToS & Rav - Zorz

NiM DP - Zorz

NiM DF - 7Stuck

S&V - Drop It Like It's Hoth

NiM TfB - Drop It Like It's Hoth

NiM EC - ???

NiM KP & EV - who cares?

As far as I know these are the guilds that first killed the final boss while also killing all of the previous bosses on the corresponding difficulty setting.

I tried to capture the 16m clears, but there was less activity/record keeping here.

Still, I know Zorz first cleared 16m HM ToS & Rav. I believe Severity was the first and only 16m NiM DP. I will look for the others too.

I linked progression sheets where possible.

8m

HM ToS & Rav - Zorz

NiM DP - Zorz

NiM DF - 7Stuck

S&V - Drop It Like It's Hoth

NiM TfB - Drop It Like It's Hoth

NiM EC - ???

NiM KP & EV - who cares?

As far as I know these are the guilds that first killed the final boss while also killing all of the previous bosses on the corresponding difficulty setting.

I tried to capture the 16m clears, but there was less activity/record keeping here.

Still, I know Zorz first cleared 16m HM ToS & Rav. I believe Severity was the first and only 16m NiM DP. I will look for the others too.

There have been other 16 dp nim clears. Not Good Enough on ToFN cleared it when it was current. Not sure if their 16 man kill was with nightmare buff still active or not though

Irrelevant. World 1st means who killed the boss 1st.

Only interested in who killed bosses 1st

OK, but you realize they are effectively different contests? I've not heard of anyone else lumping them together, but whatever. It's safe to assume 8m clears always came first.

I really don't know who had EV/KP NiM world first 5/5. I'm not sure it's particularly relevant, since neither instance required much skill to complete at level. Soa was the hardest boss of the set, mostly because of the bugs, but also partially because the damage was extremely high in places (due to bugs) and certain mechanics overlapping could cause unavoidable death, forcing raids to actually, you know, coordinate.

I know for a fact that NiM Soa was cleared by the end of January 2013, and I believe it was cleared before the end of December 2012. I saw an article pre-1.1 about a guild getting it down (I think on Darth Hater), but I can't find it now. My server's first clear of NiM Soa was by The Code on March 10, 2013 (though there were at least two other progression guilds rivaling them, and it's possible they got it first; I can't remember). To my knowledge, they cleared NiM KP before they killed Soa, and I don't believe they were the first on my server to get Karagga. So that sets up an early-February timeline for NiM KP clears.

Wow… Everyone sucked back then. :-D

In any case, world firsts basically don't matter anymore except as a historical curiosity. I like to think a bit about which group (or if you prefer, which super-group) transcended their game era and would have been more dominant than competition in other eras. For example, would Zorz have gotten world first NiM EC Kephess? Would they have beaten DiLiH to the Dread Guard clear? (related: which Zorz, because they changed a fair bit between DP and ToS) What about NiM EC era Ace? Their EC Kephess 16 man kill is still one of the most inspiring kill videos I've ever seen; would they have out-progressed Severity in their prime (i.e. NiM S&V)?

Edited by KeyboardNinja

EC - Archetype (8 man) & Ace (16 man)

TfB - DiLiH (8 man) & Severity Gaming (16man)

S&V - DiLiH (8 man) & Severity Gaming (16man)

DF - Seven Stuck (8 man) & Ace (16 man)

DP - Zorz (8 man) & Severity Gaming (16 man)

Zorz got first for HM Rav and ToS, 8 and 16. 16 man was dead at that point though.

Zorz got World First for Gate Crasher (DF). Suckafish got World First for From Beyond (TfB). Hatred got World First for Dragonslayer (S&V). I don't know who got first 8 man Warstalker. Other than that, everyone who got first clear also got timed run on tier except for 16 man DP (no one got it on tier).

Edited by Emperor-Norton

Zorz got World First for Gate Crasher (DF). Suckafish got first From Beyond (TfB). Hatred got first Dragonslayer (S&V). I don't know who got first 8 man Warstalker. Other than that, everyone who got first clear also got timed run on tier except for 16 man DP (no one got it on tier).

Hatred was NA first Dragonslayer (world 3rd). I don't remember which two guilds got it before they did, but they were both EU. Looks like world first Warstalker was Nostrum Dolus, on 11/20/2012. (source: http://www.swtor.com/community/showpost.php?p=5763116&postcount=21)

Edit: Actually, looks like I might be misremembering on Hatred?

I wonder if I was thinking of the NiM S&V clear itself, rather than the timed run. Edited by KeyboardNinja

Hatred was NA first Dragonslayer (world 3rd). I don't remember which two guilds got it before they did, but they were both EU. Looks like world first Warstalker was Nostrum Dolus, on 11/20/2012. (source: http://www.swtor.com/community/showpost.php?p=5763116&postcount=21)

Edit: Actually, looks like I might be misremembering on Hatred?

I wonder if I was thinking of the NiM S&V clear itself, rather than the timed run.

Yeah Hatred was third clear, first Title. DiLiH never cared for timed runs and used their lockouts getting kills for the rest of the guild. While Suckafish lost Gorband after their clear and never really recovered.

Edited by Emperor-Norton

EC - Archetype (8 man) & Ace (16 man)

TfB - DiLiH (8 man) & Severity Gaming (16man)

S&V - DiLiH (8 man) & Severity Gaming (16man)

DF - Seven Stuck (8 man) & Ace (16 man)

DP - Zorz (8 man) & Severity Gaming (16 man)

Zorz got first for HM Rav and ToS, 8 and 16. 16 man was dead at that point though.

Zorz got World First for Gate Crasher (DF). Suckafish got World First for From Beyond (TfB). Hatred got World First for Dragonslayer (S&V). I don't know who got first 8 man Warstalker. Other than that, everyone who got first clear also got timed run on tier except for 16 man DP (no one got it on tier).

I believe Not Good Enough on ToFN got timed on 16 with buff still active but not totally sure. Would need curt to confirm that

I believe Not Good Enough on ToFN got timed on 16 with buff still active but not totally sure. Would need curt to confirm that

Nah they did get a pre-nerf kill, but it was a week before the Operation got nerfed.

Don't remember the exact date, but we killed DP Nightmare in the absolute end of Nightmare power on 16man, got kill + timed early on 8man tho.

Edited by RikuvonDrake

I really don't know who had EV/KP NiM world first 5/5. I'm not sure it's particularly relevant, since neither instance required much skill to complete at level. Soa was the hardest boss of the set, mostly because of the bugs, but also partially because the damage was extremely high in places (due to bugs) and certain mechanics overlapping could cause unavoidable death, forcing raids to actually, you know, coordinate.

I know for a fact that NiM Soa was cleared by the end of January 2013, and I believe it was cleared before the end of December 2012. I saw an article pre-1.1 about a guild getting it down (I think on Darth Hater), but I can't find it now. My server's first clear of NiM Soa was by The Code on March 10, 2013 (though there were at least two other progression guilds rivaling them, and it's possible they got it first; I can't remember). To my knowledge, they cleared NiM KP before they killed Soa, and I don't believe they were the first on my server to get Karagga. So that sets up an early-February timeline for NiM KP clears.

Wow… Everyone sucked back then. :-D

In any case, world firsts basically don't matter anymore except as a historical curiosity. I like to think a bit about which group (or if you prefer, which super-group) transcended their game era and would have been more dominant than competition in other eras. For example, would Zorz have gotten world first NiM EC Kephess? Would they have beaten DiLiH to the Dread Guard clear? (related: which Zorz, because they changed a fair bit between DP and ToS) What about NiM EC era Ace? Their EC Kephess 16 man kill is still one of the most inspiring kill videos I've ever seen; would they have out-progressed Severity in their prime (i.e. NiM S&V)?

I like this idea that your bring up. I can speak to the comparison between Ace and Severity in their prime. Severity would have taken it hands down. We were not very good back in NiM EC. Probably just a hair above our lowest. NiM EC inspired us to restructure and commit to actually making a world first a reality. Back then, Ace was better. But not by leaps and bounds. Just enough to get Kephess first. I want to say we were like 3 or 4 to get him. I don't remember back then too well. Lol.