Friends of the Republic bonus mission not triggering

RaggleFraggles

On Taris on the Empire side during the secondary planet story, you eventually reach a part where you and Thana compete to see who kills more Cathar. In the past, that was a bonus mission, but now it seems it's not triggering no matter how many Cathar I kill. As it stands now, if I were to turn in the mission, the game assumes I lost the bet and therefore miss out on the extra credits and xp.

This happening to everyone or am I unlucky?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I experienced the same bug on my Sorcerer a month ago (Nov. 7th). I had to wait a month to get an update on the CS ticket I submitted after it happened. The ticket was given one response telling me I'm **** out of luck, and was immediately closed without an opportunity for me to respond to it. I created a second ticket asking for further information, possible solutions, etc. That ticket actually had its details deleted from the ticket and was closed. It now shows as a blank ticket with "Closed" status. Basically Customer Service just told me to **** off. Lovely.

What happened to me with this quest is that I got the bonus mission and started working on it before doing any of the main quest updates. As I was killing Cathar, the bonus mission disappeared from my tracker/log. I thought I hadn't killed enough Cathar to complete it but assumed I simply lost track and continued with the mission. The dialog on turn-in quickly revealed that I had not completed the mission and it had simply vanished from my logs for unknown reasons. After exiting the dialog to prevent finishing the mission, I tried resetting it multiple times to see if the bonus mission would be re-offered. This did not fix the problem so I tried, in desperation, deleting the quest to start completely over on that mission.

If you delete that mission you can not get it again. Melkor Dinn, the mission starter, is locked behind a red forcefield that you can't get past. Customer Service claims that they can not restore planet arc missions under any circumstances, and even blamed the bonus mission bug on me, claiming I'd intentionally deleted it from my mission log, though I did no such thing. They claim there is no bug.

So now I've waited patiently for a MONTH for a response, only to be told to **** off by customer service. Frankly, I've never been treated more poorly by any company's CS staff.

I also started a thread on the CS forum... thing. http://answers.ea.com/t5/STAR-WARS-The-Old-Republic/Planet-Arc-Bugs-and-Month-Long-CS-waits/m-p/4994852#U4994852

Edited by snapcase_

• 2 weeks later...
Since I made this thread, I played through 3 or 4 other characters and same thing: bonus mission not happening. Although to the one that said that destroying the turret cannon ones is not triggering, it worked for me. Now, it never showed up in my log, but you can still go to the three turrets and disable them (and that seems to trigger that particular bonus mission), when you later turn in the quest it is acknowledged that you destroyed them.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Confirming that the new patch didn't fix it. Rather annoying, even more so since I'm being illogical about it and have 4 characters just stuck on Taris because I don't wanna lose to Thana.

Vegeta level pride over here.

Doing the same, honestly. Been gone for a while, came back today, and still sitting on it. I don't even wanna start KotFE yet until I can finish this.

Just replying to confirm that this still hasn't been fixed 4 months after the original post. I know swtor does very little to fix in game issues, but this seems like something so small that at this point it's ridiculous.

Yes, I just came searching for info on this mission, having found that killing Cathar wasn't triggering a bonus. I was sure there had been a bonus mission when I'd done it on previous occasions, but didn't think anything of it when there apparently wasn't because I've come across other missions on other planets that have apparently had their bonuses removed. But when I went to turn in the mission and General Farvin told me he was disappointed that I hadn't managed to defeat more Cather than Thana I realised something was up. I was shocked to find that this bug has been around and known about for several months. It's one thing to delete a bonus mission for whatever reason but they can't start doing that if they don't alter other content that depends on it. For what it's worth, I've raised a bug report - if enough people keep reporting it maybe they'll finally do something about it. As with other posters, it really irks me that Thana's able to beat me through no fault of my own.

• 3 weeks later...

As of the 21st of April it doesn't trigger no matter how many times you reset the mission or how many cathar you kill. It doesn't register your kills, so it can't be finished. Sent a bug report, expecting a fix somewhere between the next patch and when the sun runs out of hydrogen.

As a warning DON'T ABANDON IT, then you won't be able to pick it up again and Customer Service won't help you.

EDIT: The bonus objectives on the following mission where you kill Bashun is triggered correctly, the one that has zero impact on any dialogue :rak_07:

EDIT 2.0: In the last mission on the Taris chain where Lord Shaythin asks you to blow up the cannons, you can just go and blow them up like before. So that one works.

Edited by Sigiles

Please Bioware, fix this in 4.4 and bring it back I hate loosing out to Thana through no fault of my own.

Can it really be that hard to bring this back in? I assume they just disabled the code for the bonus mission rather than deleting code.

If bioware fixed a crap ton of easy fixes that require little testing, it would go a long way of generating some goodwill that appears to be missing here nowerdays :( I mean why do we really need to wait a month inbetween bug patches? because players see somethings not fixed in 4.? then they automatically know is broke for another month, when half the time the bugs are not even acknowledged by bioware so we don't even know if something on the list to be fixed or not.