Replaying Story Cinema Scenes

Sakura_Valshion

Ok, someone please tell me there is a way to go back and replay chapters and/or specific story scenes. If there isn't a way too, then why isn't there a way to do so? I messed up bad and now I am afraid I will have to delete my LvL 65 and Start at the beginning again. And no I'm not a new player, but I've never wanted to go back in the story so badly as I do now and never bothered to find out if there was a way to do so. Also This is something new players should be told about. Cheers :)

I messed up bad and now I am afraid I will have to delete my LvL 65 and Start at the beginning again.

I'd be curious to know how you "messed up bad". There's not really anything in the class stories that has any significant affect on your characters abilities or alignment, etc. And, most of those minor things can be corrected later. It makes so little difference, that you can even make an insta-60 character that has a 'default' story.

But if you do feel that you need to start over, don't delete the current character. You may want to play it later, and/or use it to run dailies, and/or use it's Inventory and Cargo Bay for storage.

Ok, my bad I should have made it clear that I play Bioware games for the characters and the story. I am not a fan of MMO'susually, but this is Bioware and Star Wars so yeah I play it, but for the story. So when I say I "messed up" I mean I messed up the way I wanted to answer in a story scene, so for me that is really bad.

Ok, my bad I should have made it clear that I play Bioware games for the characters and the story. I am not a fan of MMO'susually, but this is Bioware and Star Wars so yeah I play it, but for the story. So when I say I "messed up" I mean I messed up the way I wanted to answer in a story scene, so for me that is really bad.

I can fully understand that. I'm a story player as well, and a thing that I didn't like at all was the Bioware way of "paraphrasing" answers a character would give.

I don't know whether it was due to bad translation or whatever, but sometimes I actually HAD my character saying answers I did NOT want and of which I had thought that he should NOT and would not say ...

My only asvice is, to cancel the coversation by pressing the ESC key, and apart from that, if you want to preserve that, then you could get yourself a program like Fraps, which can record the screen output (but the files will be LARGE !).

In most cases, thouugh, I've found that I get one way or other to kind of "undo" my bad response ... a second chance, in some cases ...

Last advice : IF you are getting possible answers, please do yourself a favour - as a story player -and heavily think about "what might the outcome / reaction be ?" (Which sometimes can be *very* difficult because of Bioware's notorious way of paraphrasing possible answers - at least in the language I play SWTOR with, whichj is the German language) In my opinion, this is the *only* way to get around bad reactions ...

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

The next best thing you can do is playing a new character trough the story, and then continue with your veteran char (assuming he has a name, equipment or emotes etc. you'd rather like to keep) pretending this was who you just leveled. In the end there are very few things that are ever mentioned again. The tech classes final decisions and the inquisitor's alignment at the end of the class story, and chosing (or not) a companion to romance. Edited by Mubrak

No way to go back and replay story scenes, bummer :(

I'll just have to delete the character and start again, which sucks cause I've been playing her for like almost 2 years. Being able to go back is really something they need to implement.

As someone mentioned, don't delete that character. If you continue to play this game, you WILL regret it. I was in your same exact boat when I was first playing, and I deleted characters left and right if I didn't like how it was going or for whatever other reason. As I'm still playing, I completely regret not having their cargo space, crafting skills, items in the inventory that could have been sold on the GTN for lots of creds, all the legacy gear they had that could have been transferred to other characters, the newly transferable coms that are now all gone, the credits they were holding that I didn't know at the time could be transferred between my other characters x( and so on.

I've been thinking about this, too. I feel your pain, OP!

I don't know how to go about suggesting this, I believe it's been suggested at least a few times already, though. I've taken to FRAPSing my playthroughs and making videos of each class story on each planet. This way I can go back and re-watch them when the mood strikes me instead of rerolling again.