Forget about solo kill medals and achievements

Lirtoo

To all the people who play pvp: if you see someone on your team is about to do a solo kill, DO NOT HELP HIM. Compare their health bars and see who's dropping faster. Only help a team member who is about to get killed, but not the other way around -- because you will cancel their solo kill medal and solo kill count for achievement. Almost every time when I'm about to finish a solo kill, someone comes to "rescue" me (...)

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To all the people who play pvp: if you see someone on your team is about to do a solo kill, DO NOT HELP HIM. Compare their health bars and see who's dropping faster. Only help a team member who is about to get killed, but not the other way around -- because you will cancel their solo kill medal and solo kill count for achievement. Almost every time when I'm about to finish a solo kill, someone comes to "rescue" me (...)

yeah but they need their killing blow medal

yeah but they need their killing blow medal

Sure some people interfere for killing blow medals. But others are just being newbies. imo they're not a team player if they're only there for their own medals. The "me-me-me" attitude is just annoying. People rage quit and loosing won't help your medal count.

Sure some people interfere for killing blow medals. But others are just being newbies. imo they're not a team player if they're only there for their own medals. The "me-me-me" attitude is just annoying. People rage quit and loosing won't help your medal count.

But dont help with your solo kill medal that you want right. ;)

Just messin with ya

Otherwise I agree, I dont think most people have the awareness to realize you are going for a solo kill and just wanna attack anything red.

The thing is, you can't ask for something like that. You have to accept it. The faster the enemy goes down, the better, especially if we can cap a base by doing it. It's not like people will stand there and wait: "Hey, I'll et my team mate get his solo kill. Nevermind the enemy called incoming to his team mates and that 5 new enemies are coming to protect the turret.

Of course it will depend on the situation. If we are trying to cap a base, I don't really care about your solo kill medal. If it's about defending the base against one guy, then I will wait and see how it turns out. But on my shadow, many players have taken the solo kill medal away from me, but I do not really care tbh.

Edited by OskarWallberg

It's not like people will stand there and wait: "Hey, I'll et my team mate get his solo kill..

I just did that today, and the player thanked me for not interferring. The enimy was going down fast enough so why not? I have experienced one player who did the same to me, so you're wrong.

How about this... I'll stand and do nothing while you try for your solo kill, and you promise not to rage at me if it ends up that I stand and do nothing while you lose. And then I'll go finish them off for my solo kill. Is that ok?

TEAM games are so awesome.:rolleyes:

Isn't this a bit of the pot calling the kettle black?

How about this... I'll stand and do nothing while you try for your solo kill, and you promise not to rage at me if it ends up that I stand and do nothing while you lose. And then I'll go finish them off for my solo kill. Is that ok?

Did you read everything in my first post? I don't think so ^^

I am in no way, shape or form, remotely interested in people PVPing for solo kills.

You play to win the warzone, I could not care less how many medals or achievements anyone has, and I will kill or heal, or mitigate damage wherever it helps my team achieve that goal.

Killing the person you are duelling with 5 seconds faster due to my intervention may well be the difference between you dying from the hidden stealther who is about to pop out and cap the node you are meant to be protecting.

Edited by ThorgrimLutgen

To people who say you are not going to wait if you can cap an objective etc... Im guessing the op isn't sitting on an objective trying to get solo kills.

When i farm solo kills i am usually off on the side and one of my allies has to go out of their way to heal/help dps.

It is annoying when you are about to get that last solo kill and someone says hey look over there...ima go help when he is off in the middle of nowhere fighting 1v1 and winning

Do we not have bigger issues consistently with people not knowing simple match mechanics/expectations/strategies?

This is so trivial that is pales in comparison to the dearth of basic swtor wz knowhow that is, and always has, been prevalent.

Lets get more people guarding nodes they cap, calling incs, tanks guarding (let alone guard switching ffs), rotating nodes with more anticipation on defense etc etc etc (the list is endless of stupid ****).

Next to all of that? Sorry, don't give a two rats fats about your solo kill medal ;)

Edited by MystbladeWA

To people who say you are not going to wait if you can cap an objective etc... Im guessing the op isn't sitting on an objective trying to get solo kills.

When i farm solo kills i am usually off on the side and one of my allies has to go out of their way to heal/help dps.

It is annoying when you are about to get that last solo kill and someone says hey look over there...ima go help when he is off in the middle of nowhere fighting 1v1 and winning

If the OP is running off duelling in the middle of nowhere, I equally have no interest in pandering to his ego, he is of no use to the winning of the warzone as far as I am concerned. These kill chasing clowns are one of the reasons PVP is in the mess its in.

Probably the same types who whine about premades winning everytime, or imps being too strong and winning every warzone, no wonder when all you are is a kill chasing, duelling chump in the first place.

Edited by ThorgrimLutgen

what nonsense is this? people are playing warzones to win, so unless the game is already dramatically in favour for one team you have no right to ask something like that, farming solo kills does nothing to win the game, the faster the target goes down the faster you can both move to do something more meaningfull, like objectives

after all one can argue, 'i want to top the meter' why is that any less important than your solo kills?

you are not more inportant than anyone in your team, you are just one among them, as we all are.

If the OP is running off duelling in the middle of nowhere, I equally have no interest in pandering to his ego, he is of no use to the winning of the warzone as far as I am concerned. These kill chasing clowns are one of the reasons PVP is in the mess its in.

Probably the same types who whine about premades winning everytime, or imps being too strong and winning every warzone, no wonder when all you are is a kill chasing, duelling chump in the first place.

Annymore assinine assumptions you wanna throw in there...im assuming you're the type to bark out orders then piss n moan when people are not following your orders.

There is an achievement for getting x amount of solo kills. And that may be his objective. What makes your objective more important than his?

what nonsense is this? people are playing warzones to win, so unless the game is already dramatically in favour for one team you have no right to ask something like that, farming solo kills does nothing to win the game, the faster the target goes down the faster you can both move to do something more meaningfull, like objectives

after all one can argue, 'i want to top the meter' why is that any less important than your solo kills?

you are not more inportant than anyone in your team, you are just one among them, as we all are.

Pretty much this ^^^^^^^^

Asking your team not to attack to get you a solo kill is kind of a D-bag thing to do unless the warzone is already no longer in doubt.

Annymore assinine assumptions you wanna throw in there...im assuming you're the type to bark out orders then piss n moan when people are not following your orders.

There is an achievement for getting x amount of solo kills. And that may be his objective. What makes your objective more important than his?

One can only assume, in an asinine way, you too are a kill chasing wannabe.

Play enough games and all the achievements come your way in the goodness of time anyway.

Look, PVP is about winning, end of story.

Edited by ThorgrimLutgen

One can only assume, in an asinine way, you too are a kill chasing wannabe.

Play enough games and all the achievements come your way in the goodness of time anyway.

Look, PVP is about winning, end of story.

Usually when i pvp my objective is for my team to beat the other team. But sometimes after x matches i fill like changing my objective to solo kill achievement farming or other achievement farming.

You are playing un ranked pvp. Ur objective of team winning is no more important than someone elses objective to get solo kills. Most dmg, or most healing. If the team loses there is no penalty other than you getting upset cause you obviously place way too much importance on team wins.

In ranked pvp you have a point cause team losses cause you to lose something. But im almost positive we are not talking about during ranked matches.

Usually when i pvp my objective is for my team to beat the other team. But sometimes after x matches i fill like changing my objective to solo kill achievement farming or other achievement farming.

You are playing un ranked pvp. Ur objective of team winning is no more important than someone elses objective to get solo kills. Most dmg, or most healing. If the team loses there is no penalty other than you getting upset cause you obviously place way too much importance on team wins.

In ranked pvp you have a point cause team losses cause you to lose something. But im almost positive we are not talking about during ranked matches.

Of course we are not talking ranked. So long as they are dead before you, that's all that matters. The only skill is co-ordination, cc, interrupting and being able to not panic.

Clearly then, the problem with regs is, its full of people who have never done anything competitively in their lives. Seriously I am baffled, why would anyone take part in anything, not to win ?

Edited by ThorgrimLutgen

@OP No...just no. Killing the enemy faster means one less threat to worry about which means a better chance of winning which means more comms for everyone.

If you want your solo kill medal (which is pretty much pointless anyway) then maybe you should kill them quicker next time.

Of course we are not talking ranked. So long as they are dead before you, that's all that matters. The only skill is co-ordination, cc, interrupting and being able to not panic.

Clearly then, the problem with regs is, its full of people who have never done anything competitively in their lives. Seriously I am baffled, why would anyone take part in anything, not to win ?

Winning to you seems to always be about team winning the match. Usually for me a win is if my team beats the other team. But depending on my mood a win for me can be if i get x amount of solo kills for the match.

Almost every time when I'm about to finish a solo kill, someone comes to "rescue" me (...)

this is some next level hypocrisy

Only help a team member who is about to get killed, but not the other way around

that is just a pathetic thing to say. either you respect 1v1 or you dont.

Edited by Laoi

Indeed, I think his comment explains a lot to be honest.

To dumb it down for ya; sometimes when i pvp i dont care if the group wins cause i go in trying to accomplish something else. But most of the time i pvp i try and help the group win

Edited by masstershake