what to spend CC on as a new sub?

TrueSounds

I'm not entirely sure what I should be spending these coins on. I was going to buy one of the newbie bundles, but then I realized I think I get most of the stuff in them for free with the sub cost. In fact I think a bunch of other stuff in the cartel market comes with a sub.

I have 580 coins at the moment, what would be some basic stuff a paid player will need with them?

so basically we get everything when we pay the sub fee? the only stuff worthwhile is account wide unlocks and vanity items?

when i google searched i saw ppl saying to get rocket boost, but i can only find that in a beginner bundle, and that bundle has a bunch of other stuff that i get for free

A couple of useful things.

Field Respec - allows you to change your discipline while out questing as long as you're out of combat.

depending on what you're doing you want to unlock the bonus to:

influence (must have)

exploration

pvp

gsf

Most of the account unlocks are honestly better purchased with credits off the GTN, I found that using the coins to unlock thins in collections that I had bought with credits gave the best return. (Or the few things that actually require CC, appearance change, GSF requisition conversion etc...

Inventory Inventory Inventory!

Get the legacy wide unlocks, rather than the character unlocks.

Rocket boosts!

Level 10 (+40) crystal.

Best investment of CC ever! Unlock it in collections, free +40 crystals for life!

Treek/HK Not as useful to unlock at lower levels as they once were pre-4.0, but still very helpful.

Unlock Treek in collections and she's free for life.

HK has to be unlocked on each toon. Sorry.

Speeder training. Also not nearly as useful as they once were. For a time there was a bug that let you unlock speeder training 3 at level 1 through your legacy panel. They eventually "fixed" it and we were back to mucking about the starter planets like we were wearing lead Nikes. :mad:

Species unlock Human. Grants +100 to presence. Makes your companions more awesome.

so basically we get everything when we pay the sub fee? the only stuff worthwhile is account wide unlocks and vanity items?

when i google searched i saw ppl saying to get rocket boost, but i can only find that in a beginner bundle, and that bundle has a bunch of other stuff that i get for free

Rocket boost (sometimes written Rocket Boots because of the most common version of the animation) is worth the price of that set all by itself.

Rocket boost (sometimes written Rocket Boots because of the most common version of the animation) is worth the price of that set all by itself.

Just so you know the reason why people say rocket boost, its because they can be used for a short time in areas where you cannot use a speeder and are otherwise restricted to going on foot, for instance if on a republic character you enter the senate tower on your speeder you automatically get dismounted in that area but you can still use the rocket boost to travel faster than you could without. Its a fairly nice quality of life unlock, plus you only need to unlock it on one character ever.

Rocket boost, maybe speeder level 1 since it's available at level 1 now via legacy unlock to subscribers, and field respec are usually the first things I get with my coins. If you have enough credits to buy these things instead do it that way, seems like a better value. Edited by eldefail

Extra Inventory and Cargo Bay slots - account wide - are useful. Even if you only have one character so far, the account wide unlocks will apply to new characters when/if you create them later. (I'm not sure if these unlocks are directly in the Cartel Market, but if you click on the "expand" button in the inventory or Cargo Bay window, using CCs is an option.)

Level 10 +41 stat crystals. Even if you don't like the color, they can be used in offhands where you don't actually 'see' them. Also, of course, once they are unlocked in Collections (by equipping them) you can get limitless free copies.

(+41 Power is probably best overall, while levelling.)

Rocket boots.

Edited by JediQuaker

First: Rocket Boost. No doubt. Get it from the "Going Places Bundle" since that is (always) on sale and thus a cheaper way to get it (375CC). Get the two upgrades to it as well (120 CC each).

Then: either wait to see what you want, or consider inventory, cargo bay, and stronghold storage bay unlocks.

Here's a post I made a while back on my thoughts on it.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showpost.php?p=8259307&postcount=17

Oh: should mention (though it's in my link) that you should always consider the alternative of buying with credits vs. CC, if you have the means. Save some CC for Collections unlocks.

Edited by DocDAM

I'm not entirely sure what I should be spending these coins on. I was going to buy one of the newbie bundles, but then I realized I think I get most of the stuff in them for free with the sub cost. In fact I think a bunch of other stuff in the cartel market comes with a sub.

I have 580 coins at the moment, what would be some basic stuff a paid player will need with them?

What I've been doing lately is checking what some of the packs are being sold for on the GTN before buying them with CC. My goal is to have lots of in-game credits, and in some cases the return is substantial. If your goal is quality of life unlocks, the posts above are all good ideas (I also agree that Rocket Boost is probably the first thing you want for QoL, since it unlocks for all of your characters and doesn't ever have to be bought again)

Open your Legacy page (Y) and Rocket Boost is in the Global Unlocks/Other section. It's a Legacy-wide unlock, so you only have to buy it once, and you can use your coins to purchase it. (Buy all 3 "levels" of it to get the cooldown to minimum).
what about getting the Cargo bay, mailbox and GTN stronghold decorations? are those only available via Cartel coins?? Those seem really useful
You can buy those from the CM, either separately or as part of a bundle, but you don't have to.

You get some of them free as mission rewards for the Strongholds mission from the holo statue on Fleet, Coruscant, or Dromund Kaas. Others you can get by crafting - make whatever type of prefab(s) then use the prefabs to buy the items from the Utility Decorations Engineer vendor on Fleet. Or buy them off the GTN from someone else who got them via one of these methods.

Edited by Adric_the_Red

Stronghold deco you get for free when you make buy a stronghold and again when any character (min L15) completes the SH quest.

Cargo Bay and GTN terminal can be bought on GTN, or bought with 3 universal prefabs (bought on GTN or crafted) from a vendor in the Crew Skills section of Fleet HQ. If you have a security key (dongle or app) you can buy a wall or floor safe ( = cargo bay) from the security key vendor in fleet HQ inner ring.

As I previously wrote, you can get Rocket Boots stand alone for 400 CC (from the Legacy window as someone wrote) or for 375CC included with some other stuff in the Going Places Bundle. Left to the reader to figure out which is the better deal ;)

I spent most of my coins on unlocking items to share with all my characters as well as legacy perks to save credits..

some packs can also be good, but a lot of the time they can spit out nothing but junk.

Might be worth saving those CC until you find something you really like the look of as some packs go for 5+ k and CC take forever to save, unless you buy more or lots of ppl use your referral link

If I delete the character after doing that, I lose all the extra deco that I get right?

Nope. You keep. Most of these aren't bound. Once you unlock them, they become property of your Legacy.

Now, there are a few that are bound to the character (an obvious example is the comp decos). I don't know if they disappear, or if you only lose them if you pick them up (only the "owner" could re-place them).

Hmm, my next test :)