Pt crit for nearly 28k.

LordSkyKnight

So I was running warzones today trying to finish the dailies. Typical pub vs imp on Alderaan civil war. I was playing my sage. The pubs are getting monkey stomped as usual. Well I get ganked by a powertech and jugg that decided to attack the only node we held. I run over to try to help and the pt pulls me in and proceed to get killed in a matter of seconds. The final blow was an energy burst that landed for 27935 damage. Seems fair. :rolleyes:

I am fully augmented and geared. Telekinetics discipline. I wish I could get one of my attack skills to hit for that much. The most I hit for on a crit is typically 11k.

Sigh....

Edited by LordSkyKnight

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I was running warzones today trying to finish the dailies. Typical pub vs imp on Alderaan civil war. I was playing my sage. The pubs are getting monkey stomped as usual. Well I get ganked by a powertech and jugg that decided to attack the only node we held. I run over to try to help and the pt pulls me in and proceed to get killed in a matter of seconds. The final blow was an energy burst that landed for 27935 damage. Seems fair. :rolleyes:

I am fully augmented and geared. Telekinetics discipline. I wish I could get one of my attack skills to hit for that much. The most I hit for on a crit is typically 11k.

Sigh....

Don't sweat it. PT/Vang are simply OP right now. In fact, their burst is so ridiculous, that many find the class boring to play. There are moments they can't even go through their entire burst rotation before the target dies.

There has to be a nerf bat coming soon for this class/spec, but in the meantime, I just deal with it.

P.S. I play lightning sorc, which is the same as you but imp sided.

I wouldn't obsess too much. Classes burst in different ways. There are 2 types, that I call speed burst and big burst.

Speed burst comes many attacks hitting moderately hard. In lightning (sorry for the imperial terminology) on a sorcerer you can get a 10k-12k chain lightning, thundering blast, and lightning flash filled with lightning bolts, dots and procs like forked lightning and forked darkness. The same goes for carnage marauders, concealment operatives, deception sins, vengeance juggernauts. Though they won't hit for more than 15k in most situations, they have many attacks that will consistently hit hard. So they will burst you down using many attacks that hit for a moderately high amount of damage usually in a short window of time, at most 6 seconds in most cases.

Now on the other end of the spectrum are big burst. These guys consist of arsenal mercs, AP powertechs, marksmanship snipers, rage juggernauts* and fury marauders* (* these two are kind of on the line between the two types, but I would put them a bit more in the heavier burst). These guys rely more on a few moves that hit really really hard. I'm talking 20k+ with another move that hits around 15k+ to round it up, with a few fillers. Heatseeker missile, Energy Burst, and Ambush are famous for hitting in the 25k+ range, with some even eclipsing 30k+ when the stars align. However, if you look at the play style it usually takes some form of charging up to get this hit, relies on lucky crits and if you miss that attack no more really heavy burst until it comes off cd.

However, PTs are different for a few reasons that make them really powerful. Energy burst technically does not have a cooldown it just needs 4 energy lodes. So if you miss and it does no damage, you can use it literally over and over until you hit. Though obviously if it is more than once it will kill your heat, you can still use it until you get hit with that 25k hit. In addition on crits thermal detonator hits for 15k, rail shot hits for 12k-14k and rocket punch hits for 10k-11k. These are some of your fillers, and they hit monstrously hard on crits. Now of course you may think this leads up to rng, and in most cases you are right.

However crit chance has gotten higher. I remember I used to run 27% crit in september on my PT, and still hit some of that diminishing returns. Now it has gone up to 40%. Yeah, thats a pretty big jump. And heres the kicker: with explosive fuel cooldown for 15 seconds you get +25% crit chance on a PT. That's right. My crit chance during EF in 3.0 was 50%, now it is a 65% chance of critting!! And when used in your opener, you can get a Energy Burst 25k crit without even proccing your set bonus, 2 or 3 12k-14k rail shots, a 15k thermal detonator, a 10k rocket punch not to mention plenty of 4k shoulder cannons for extra overkill. And after all that, if you use the rotation I use you then 12 seconds later get ANOTHER 25k Energy burst.

So yeah, don't compare yourself to a PT. In crit hits they are only topped by a sniper and even snipers don't have as many moves that crit as hard as a PT does in as little time. PTs are definitely the most versatile, mobile and dangerous burst class out atm.

pt has lots of hits that hit consistently hard THEN they hit you for 28k... balanced class! xd

1000 times this ! I have been at the receiving end of this far too often ... PT players seem to believe that they are the counter to EVERYTHING - but in 1st place against Gunlingers (MM type) ...

On the other hand, my Gunslinger critted against one Jugg with 13.000something today ... I felt as if I was cheating ...

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

PT's are balanced , they do **** tons of dmg,yes, but very squishy

But ops, sorcs, sins, marauders,snipers, mercs, juggernauts aren't? Cool interesting this is like saying its okay if they arent attacking you......... 28k is stupid on a sniper or merc i would be more inclined to let it slide or even a tk sage wit everything algined but a class that loses nothing when other classes on them in any situation shouldn't be able to do this take ops for a example its a burst class and there are drops your drops in your dps are still better than most of the other classes running their rotation but its okay you have better defensives and more burst than mercs and better talents makes so much sense i get that this games needs a entry level pvp class but i always thought juggernaut was at the right spot.

Sigh....

It's total bs how hard their burst hits now. They have way too much utility, cc, pulls, leaps, sustained damage its *********** retarded right now.

The bad thing is, when they do get nerfed, I worry it will be a total nerfbat smashing. Meaning, it will be too heavy handed, because that's what happens usually.

The class just needs its burst lessened by a small degree imo. I can deal with the rest of their stuff, if only they had slightly less burst.

It's total bs how hard their burst hits now. They have way too much utility, cc, pulls, leaps, sustained damage its *********** retarded right now.

The bad thing is, when they do get nerfed, I worry it will be a total nerfbat smashing. Meaning, it will be too heavy handed, because that's what happens usually.

The class just needs its burst lessened by a small degree imo. I can deal with the rest of their stuff, if only they had slightly less burst.

It's not just the damage that is so good, but their mobility and ranged rotation adds to the combo that makes them godlike. The damage needs to be nerfed, the mobility needs to be nerfed, and they need to be brought back into 4m range like other melee classes.

Honestly even if they were nerfed by 50% I'd say it's more than fair. Too much utility and if they already burst for 12k 12k 12k 28k why not tone it down to 6k 6k 6k 14k?

Seems more "normal" honestly. PTs are *********** absurd and every warzone I have to check in with people if I'm the only one that died in about 4 seconds from one.

And I'm not the only one guaranteed.

Madness sorc witch 5 mln dmg, great offheal, best heal - coruption sorc, almost good mode when guarded, tanks that doing better dps then pure dps (assasin/pt), very strong guard machanics (50/50 ***), operatives that roll witch the ball throught the fire on huttball, assasins witch instant s30 m stun. Is that ballance ? OMG squishy pt are killing poor underpowered sorcs. Plz nerf like in patch 2.0 :( Stop crying sorcs..... Edited by danciak

AP Pts are BS.

Operative Invinci-roll is BS.

Operative Mobility and Slipperiness in general is BS.

Sorc Heals are BS.

Being versus at least three sorc healers every freaking match is BS.

Juggernauts' CDs are still BS.

Bioware's treatment of Mercs is still BS.

Bioware's decision to make every class but snipers hypermobile is BS.

Map lag and general map defects are still BS.

The fact that 8v8 was taken out was and still is BS.

The list goes on.

On the other hand, my Gunslinger critted against one Jugg with 13.000something today ... I felt as if I was cheating ...

1) Roll sniper MM.

2) Get level 40-41.

3) Play lowbies.

4) Target level <15 sorcerer.

5) :rolleyes:

(I haven't actually done this, but I have been on the receiving end it. Feels likes being 1-shot :D)

problem is, atm u can't escape a powertech, i mean grapple ( 40 meters with utility), 5 sec hard stun and 3.5 sec aoe hard stun, LOL override at 35 sec ( merc one is BS no speed increase at 45 secs but ok), jet charge, i mean i know a entry level pvp class is required for newbie, but enough is enough

Edited by xX-Archangel-Xx

problem is, atm u can't escape a powertech, i mean grapple ( 40 meters with utility), 5 sec hard stun and 3.5 sec aoe hard stun, LOL override at 35 sec ( merc one is BS no speed increase at 45 secs but ok), jet charge, i mean i know a entry level pvp class is required for newbie, but enough is enough

Ok, but if their burst was nerfed, why should they lose their mobility? Other classes have extreme amounts of mobility right now. I don't think it makes sense to nerf that part of the PT.