Will our past decisions not matter in KoTFE ??

gunnerjoe

So I just read about how they will gradually release class story overviews for players who have not played the class, and I have one question... When KoTFE releases will our decisions we made in our class stories matter at all in the new story? I've purposely leveled up a dark side Jedi and a light side Jedi to see the differences in Fallen Empire. Same can be said about my light side Sith Warrior and dark side Sith warrior. It would be a terrible shame if everything I have done in the past be reduced to "You are a Jedi Knight so you are assumed to be a good guy and make decisions XYZ."

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well, to parrot the eventual responses...we really do not know, at this time, how our previous lives will affect our new lives going forward. I will surmise, though, that you will most likely play your characters as you have played them and I would hope that initial considerations are made to your alignment at the start of the next story line.

well, to parrot the eventual responses...we really do not know, at this time, how our previous lives will affect our new lives going forward. I will surmise, though, that you will most likely play your characters as you have played them and I would hope that initial considerations are made to your alignment at the start of the next story line.

Agreed. I'm not going to try to "engineer" my way through KOTFE by making choices I wouldn't otherwise make. Though I'm curious as to the depth of evaluation they will make as to our past choices. Will my decision to ask Becky Pepper to Prom back in 1980 affect my Jedi Sage in KOFTE? We'll find out.

• Dev Post
Agreed. I'm not going to try to "engineer" my way through KOTFE by making choices I wouldn't otherwise make. Though I'm curious as to the depth of evaluation they will make as to our past choices. Will my decision to ask Becky Pepper to Prom back in 1980 affect my Jedi Sage in KOFTE? We'll find out.

Becky Pepper never forgets :rak_03:

To answer the question, the choices you have made in your Class Story will have impact as you journey through Knights of the Fallen Empire.

-eric

To answer the question, the choices you have made in your Class Story will have impact as you journey through Knights of the Fallen Empire.

-eric

Is there any chance you could give us one teeny tiny non-spoilery example of how the story might differ say between my LS Guardian and my neutral Scoundrel?

• Dev Post
Is there any chance you could give us one teeny tiny non-spoilery example of how the story might differ say between my LS Guardian and my neutral Scoundrel?

I think the best example I can give, without spoiling, while still being general is something we talked about on the stream. We won't be forgetting things like the relationships you have built with your Companions.

-eric

I think the best example I can give, without spoiling, while still being general is something we talked about on the stream. We won't be forgetting things like the relationships you have built with your Companions.

-eric

So theoretically if I play a light side SW I might run into a side character that I may have spared?

-eric

Ooh... I just remembered that I had a bug back in 1.X where the mail I got after finishing Ch.3 of my Consular was not describing a possible aftermath of the said Ch.3...

You know, about

a certain someone being alive and under rehab, while he suffered an accidental death by a huge rock.

I hope it will not screw my experience of KotFE... It's my main.

Edited by Altheran

-eric

Can you get any more vague, Eric?

-eric

What about planetary missions? E.g. Taris and Thana Vesh. Will it be affected in KotFE?

I doubt it would be that specific.. but that would be cool. I think a realistic expectation would be the major decisions made in class stories.
I could see them applying the culmination of each Planetary Mission into our KOTFE future. We get plenty of choices to kill or not kill; to seduce or not seduce; to release untold horror upon the galaxy or not release; etc. I'd love to stumble over

Thana's mouldering corpse

if KOFTE sends me back to Taris.

EDIT: Thanks for the signature Eric. I was holding out for something irrelevant and obscure. Score!

Edited by Thoronmir

But didn't a dev also say some paths were semi chosen by class? So if your a jedi your assumed light side. I swore I heard a dev say that in a blog or something.

I think they were talking about when you're able to make a lvl 60 character with KOTFE, you'll have assumed alignments, but not with characters you leveled up yourself.

I think that applies only to Insta-60s who have not actually played out the class missions.

yeah that was what they said. with the auto 60s they make some assumptions, generally they're assuming things like Sith Warrior made mostly dark side choices, Jedi Knight made mostly light side

But didn't a dev also say some paths were semi chosen by class? So if your a jedi your assumed light side. I swore I heard a dev say that in a blog or something.

I thought that was just that the instant 60s will have certain defaults assumed about them. (Although I seem to recall that just being defaults on options that we'd be able to customize, but it seems like everyone else I've seen refer to this seemed convinced that they told us that the decisions imposed on the instant 60s by default would be set in stone / not the least bit customizable. Meaning that you'd have to level a character normally instead of creating an instant 60 if you care about their original-story decisions at all.)

Well that puts my mind at ease a bit. There is still hope this will be a decent game play improvment. With all companions playing dps, heals and tank I think killing off and pissing off companion based on choices should be wide open. Now that it can't effect leveling or anything.