Treek on Sale!

DocDAM

Since so many topics here lately on Treek, just thought I'd mention that this week's Cartel Market sale includes Treek ("Mercenary Contract") at half price (1050 CC).

I still recommend playing through with the original companions to get more story feel, but if you want it a little easier, and have a toon that comes with full custom gear and L10 blue mods, and that can switch between healer and tank, now's a good time.

ive heard she can be annoying

Yeah, I think so. Her chatter is very annoying. I hope that the new companion will not have annoying oneliners that makes us want to shut him up too :tran_wink:

I have no idea why they have not made a companion voice setting, I could actually stand Treek at minimum sound.

Edited by Icestar

Anyone have any idea how long it takes/how many L60s characters it takes to get to Legacy 40? Does each level take more an more xp?

I am currently Legacy level 21, and plan to level 3-4 more characters to 55 or 60 before the 12xp event is over.

If that gets me to Legacy 40 I would rather just wait and pay the $1m instead of using CC. If not I would buy now on sale as I would like to get Treek (regardless of the upcoming changes).

Incremental XP for each subsequent Legacy level is progressive.

I think leveling 3-4 toons with 12XP might get you there, but that’s just a guess based on my experience (I just got to Legacy 50 just before getting my 7th toon to 60).

And note: even when you hit the L60 cap, you still accrue Legacy XP. Though with 12XP, it probably is more efficient to level a new toon instead.

If it wasn’t for 12XP, and we didn’t know that comps were changing to be multi-role & gear independent, I would have said “buy now”. But for the current game status and direction, I change that to: give your L40 plan a shot.

BTW, Treek Collection unlock is still 700 CC. Last Black Friday, they had a 50% sale on all unlocks. Hoping to see that again.

Hey, quick question, I'm legacy level 32, is it worth me buying it half price or just grinding a million to unlock when I reach 40? I haven't found any reason to get another companion other than HK even for leveling alts but you know, is it worth it?

Thanks.

The price for Treek, whether in coins or credits, may seem high, even "on sale", but remember: once you buy the original contract and unlock her in your Collections, you're done. One Million credits for the contract plus 700 coins for the unlock, or 2100 + 700 if buying the contract with coins. And with the contract "on sale" you can buy the contract and the unlock for less than ther "regular" price in coins of the contract alone.

All your other characters can get her for free after that. If you have a lot of characters, and/or play on multiple servers, the per-character cost for Treek quickly becomes very small. And it never hurts to have an extra companion you can put to work on crew skill stuff, while you go out adventuring with your preferred companion.

With HK, you either have to do the whole mission series again for every character, or pay for the unlock through your legacy - for every character. That's 350 Cartel Coins or 1 million Credits every time you want to unlock HK for another character.

Put another way, the current coin cost to buy the contract for Treek and unlock her for unlimited characters is the same as the coin cost to unlock HK for just 5 characters.

Going from legacy level 32 to legacy level 40 takes 4,148,000 Legacy xp. The rate at which you earn Legacy xp seems to vary depending on your character level, and how you're earning your character xp (kills, missions, exploration, codex entries, Heroics, FPs ...). Early on, it seems close to 20%, but later it's considerably less. Overall is seems somewhere around 15%.

So somewhere close to 30 million character xp to get that much Legacy xp. It takes 16,618,760 xp to level a character from brand-new to level 60. Whether it's "better" to grind for those legacy levels or just pay coins while the contract is "on sale", is something you'll have to decide for yourself.

save your 1000 cartel coins for after KOTFE, she might not remain a good healer / tank. Instead she might just become like every other companion out there. Even for crafting every companion seems to be getting a change in how efficiency and crit works. It looks like every companion is getting status quo'd

save your 1000 cartel coins for after KOTFE, she might not remain a good healer / tank. Instead she might just become like every other companion out there. Even for crafting every companion seems to be getting a change in how efficiency and crit works. It looks like every companion is getting status quo'd

Yeah, like a cosmetic companion bought for optional cash. It can be a good idea to see what Treek will be all about in the expansion, before buying it now. The expansion is not that far away, She is on the other hand half price now so go for it if you feel you got some cartel coins to spare :tran_smile:

Edited by Icestar