Allow us to make copies of unlocked Cartel Packs decors with credits/CC price tag

Pietrastor

Loving the change you made with Cartel Packs decors and the way they're donated to the guild. It's cheap (25k-75k price tag for all), easy and most importantly it ensures even decorations from long-discontinued packs remain available to decorate guild ships/HQs, as long as even 1 person in guild has a desired decoration in their personal collection. No need to pay 7 million credits to add 3 basic lights just because they come from an old pack.

I want to see a change like this to happen regarding personal decorations as well. After unlocking 1st copy of any Cartel Pack decorations (either by winning in a pack or getting from GTN), we should be allowed to pay credits (or small amount of Cartel Coins) to unlock more copies of it. This would solve the issue of the most common/basic Cartel Pack decorations that have to be used in vast quantities (lights, chairs etc) to be easier to obtain. It's a different thing to pay 3 million for a big-*** statue from a Cartel Pack and to pay 3 million just to get few of the same small lights/chairs. People would also be more encouraged to buy all types of decorations.

I do not think the value of the packs would decrease. With cheap duplicate feature, their initial value would rise to make up for the loss on selling the duplicates.

Win win for all and the entire decorating system.

They weren't meant to be in the collections just as was Dyes, cause they will lose tons of customers if they did but what they really need to do is to get the Decor packs back into rotation fast Edited by Theeko

They weren't meant to be in the collections just as was Dyes, cause they will lose tons of customers if they did but what they really need to do is to get the Decor packs back into rotation fast

They wouldn't lose that much.

A) you still have to get the 1st copy of the deco the old fashioned way

B) They would most likely charge a CC cost per additional copy you wish to unlock after the first

Since a lot of people use credits to get their stuff off the GTN as opposed to buying packs, new decos will still likely have much the same market, with a portion of people choosing to unlock their copies with CCs. But the real advantage is when those items go out of circulation, and the only copies are selling for hundreds of thousands or even millions.

Well it would be the matter of people wanting to unlock decor using the CC through collections but that would be a P2W kind of thing cause of prestige and all. But even if they did that then people would only need 1 decor of that type so therefore pack revenue will go straight down hill except for the ccfers that buy them.

I would like to see this happens with one small restriction: limit ammount of unlocks per week. For example: you can unlock 3-5 copies of decoration for personal collection per week. May be add Universal Prefab requirement depending on the decoration rarity.

I'm sure Bioware will not include unlimited unlock for decoration in any form. Decorations was designed as credit sink and it should remain this way.

Decorations was designed as credit sink and it should remain this way.

Not much of a credits sink if only 6% of the credits are removed from the game and only when you use the GTN to buy/sell them. Now if we could unlock decorations for 100k - 1 million apiece depending on rarity, that would be a good credit sink.

Some decor even sells for 10-15m sometimes and people buy multiples of them and 6% of that is around 900k at 15m

Yeah, but for most of us 15m is a very rare investment, and even if we desperately needed 10 of those premium decos we'd rather buy one for 15m then unlock another 9 for a million each, actually taking 10% more credits out of the game, and we'd recover from this expense much faster and be able to remove more credits from the game sooner.

On the other hand, when spending 150m on the GTN, the remaining 141m are now in the pockets of the seller who will use his wealth to secure his monopoly on premium decos. Inflation is now under control of one player who likes to play stock exchange in an mmo.

Edited by Mubrak

Yeah that's why I don't agree it should be put into the collections tab cause all those that paid so much for them and invested to many credits and real $ won't be happy at all. Also only a small percentage of the game likes to actually decorate and poor credits into it to even bother with it as well. Edited by Theeko

Yeah that's why I don't agree it should be put into the collections tab cause all those that paid so much for them and invested to many credits and real $ won't be happy at all. Also only a small percentage of the game likes to actually decorate and poor credits into it to even bother with it as well.
If only a small percentage of the game likes to actually decorate, then the whales who sell overpriced duplicates don't actually amke much profit so why are you so concerned about their cash-to-credit transfers? You've repeated your point like 5 times already, we get it, no need to do it every time someone posts in the thread.

Some decor even sells for 10-15m sometimes and people buy multiples of them and 6% of that is around 900k at 15m

Nobody buys 10 Dragon Skeletons for 15 million each. If someone lists old discontinued lights for 5 million each then the same thing happens as with other overpriced stuff - people buy 1 and that's it.

Edited by Pietrastor

Well I did sell 2 old revan statues for 13m each to the same person awhile ago when i blew 40m on the slots for the event to get all the achieves. They just need to bring back the old decor packs again to circulate them more into the economy then imo. But yeah I do agree it is kind of ridiculous that the server monitors are in the millions now, and the jukeboxes are like 5-10x as much as well as the underworld bars, and krayt skeles etc. Edited by Theeko

Well I did sell 2 old revan statues for 13m each to the same person awhile ago when i blew 40m on the slots for the event to get all the achieves. They just need to bring back the old decor packs again to circulate them more into the economy then imo. But yeah I do agree it is kind of ridiculous that the server monitors are in the millions now, and the jukeboxes are like 5-10x as much as well as the underworld bars, and krayt skeles etc.
2 Revan statues. So no, you didn't sell 25 of them, you also didn't sell 14 small lights for 1 million each to the same person. Things like big statues never get bought in stacks anyway, there's no need for that. Few at most. Meanwhile, things like lights or chairs are bought in large quantities, but if buyers see that it would take them 50 million or some other ridiculous price to get enough to decorate the house in unified style, they will not bother at all and just for go different type of chairs.

Well I did sell 2 old revan statues for 13m each to the same person awhile ago when i blew 40m on the slots for the event to get all the achieves. They just need to bring back the old decor packs again to circulate them more into the economy then imo. But yeah I do agree it is kind of ridiculous that the server monitors are in the millions now, and the jukeboxes are like 5-10x as much as well as the underworld bars, and krayt skeles etc.

juke boxs are worth a lot? well time to sell the six sitting in the cargo bay:D

I support this, especially for the ability of getting more decorations from unavailable packs.

In the long run they will have to change their system, now they sometimes let old packs appear again on the market, but lets face it, at one point there will be so many different packs that they wont be able to implement a decent rotation system anymore for the older packs.

I support this, especially for the ability of getting more decorations from unavailable packs.

In the long run they will have to change their system, now they sometimes let old packs appear again on the market, but lets face it, at one point there will be so many different packs that they wont be able to implement a decent rotation system anymore for the older packs.

They could easily just leave the packs on the CM forever so if people wanted to spend $ on any pack they could

May be add Universal Prefab requirement depending on the decoration rarity.

You may be onto something with that thought. Maybe the unlock costs for additional copies of already unlocked decorations could be set up to always ask for prefab kits in addition to the credits or cartel coins.

Stuff that should be cheaper and more common (like chairs) can cost industrial or synthetic prefabs. (Split the list of "common items" in half between them.) And then rarer stuff would cost universal prefabs or even dark projects. Try to set up many different tiers of pricing to get a range of "value" on the decorations. (Costs can range from 1 mk-1 to 2 mk-1 to 3 mk-1 to 1 mk-2 to 2 mk-2 to 3 mk-2 to 1 mk-3 to 2 mk-3 to 3 mk-3 (all of that being the parallel tracks of industrial and synthetic through various degrees of "common", and then there would be a range of costs above that for "rare" items going through each grade of universals and then dark projects in the same way.) Or something like that. Maybe even have more tiers than that.)

Having something like that would make it possible to acquire extra copies of things but it would be a considerable resource sink to craft prefab kits to use as currency on these unlocks.

Edited by Muljo_Stpho

They could easily just leave the packs on the CM forever so if people wanted to spend $ on any pack they could

They wont do that, people buy the packs only when they are "hyped".

People buy them when available to sell them directly on the GTN, people buying them on the GTN will buy them because they can only buy them then..

They wont do that, people buy the packs only when they are "hyped".

People buy them when available to sell them directly on the GTN, people buying them on the GTN will buy them because they can only buy them then..

But packs have came around a 2nd time already and people were buying tons of those again

Consensus - keep the Grand Decoration Packs in the shop for a permanent duration. This way, the cartel packs remain rare and exclusive but newcomers get a chance to receive old decorations that are extremely expensive or non-existent on GTN. The Grand Decoration Packs are part of gambling, so Bioware should be satisfied with the income.

Consensus - keep the Grand Decoration Packs in the shop for a permanent duration. This way, the cartel packs remain rare and exclusive but newcomers get a chance to receive old decorations that are extremely expensive or non-existent on GTN. The Grand Decoration Packs are part of gambling, so Bioware should be satisfied with the income.

This would be better than current state, but still wouldn't do much for common decorations (lights/chairs that have to be purchased in large quantities).

May I add how I love the fact that people who enjoy decorating are sporting Hutt avatars en masse? :D

This would be better than current state, but still wouldn't do much for common decorations (lights/chairs that have to be purchased in large quantities).

May I add how I love the fact that people who enjoy decorating are sporting Hutt avatars en masse? :D

If they kept all the decor packs on the CM i bet people would still buy alot of them reducing the cost of even the smaller items as well.

Yeah I noticed that too with the hutt avatar lol