Force Shroud In PvP

Harming

Does this cleanse remove dots in pvp?

I have been poping my vanish and shroud at the same time thinking it will remove dots but about 1/3 of the time im broken from stealth a second or two later for what seems like no reason. I dont notice dots ticking on me, no knockback or anything of that nature hits me, i simply leave stealth and dont know why its happening.

Any help would be appreciated here.

I mainly use it for vanish / sap / healing when it works properly but it has been really unreliable.

Edited by Harming

Are you playing Hatred? If so, your dots will pull you back into combat.

Actually, not anymore. You can have dots rolling on multiple targets and vanish with the force shroud utility attached to vanish and you will be out of combat. You will also notice that while you're out of combat, you will receive minor healing from the damage your dots are doing to multiple targets.

Does this cleanse remove dots in pvp?

I have been poping my vanish and shroud at the same time thinking it will remove dots but about 1/3 of the time im broken from stealth a second or two later for what seems like no reason. I dont notice dots ticking on me, no knockback or anything of that nature hits me, i simply leave stealth and dont know why its happening.

Any help would be appreciated here.

I mainly use it for vanish / sap / healing when it works properly but it has been really unreliable.

What is the combination you are using shroud and vanish with? Are you using shroud before or after vanish? If it is after then there is a chance that the DoT can get you out of stealth before you activate shroud but you don't notice the timing because of delayed animation. Also did anyone use AoE taunt? That also takes you out of stealth.

I've had it glitch out on me before as well, but definitely not 1/3 of the time.

Edited by sithBracer

except for abilities like Dodge and Resilience right? (Haven't done PvP since 3.0 so correct me if I am wrong).

Correct, Evasion/Shroud should remove all dots. There are only two cases where this does not work, electronet is not removed by shroud (but will stop all damage) and Lethality/Virulence dots autoapply a weaker copy of themselves that can and will knock you out of stealth.

Getting hit with a taunt, buffing, being buffed or healed by someone in combat will put you in combat but not break stealth. Any damage at all will usually break your stealth, sometimes because of latency attacks fired at you that have a travel time will put you in combat/rarely knock you out of stealth after vanishing because they hit you after you vanish.

Lethality/Virulence dots autoapply a weaker copy of themselves that can and will knock you out of stealth..

As of 3.0 the weak version no longer deals damage, however it still grant the boost to cull. Besides if I recall correctly they patched it a long time before 3.0 to where the weak dots didn't break stealth.

Well last time I tried that in PvE, I got pulled immediately back into combat. Consistent mechanics? Nah, those aren't for us.

In certain open world situations when you stealth out from combat it removes dots from your target (PVE) and you are not pulled back in combat. Don't remember if you only get pulled back in fight in operations and FP.

In certain open world situations when you stealth out from combat it removes dots from your target (PVE) and you are not pulled back in combat. Don't remember if you only get pulled back in fight in operations and FP.

That's because the enemies reset due to having no target to remain in combat with. In group content, unless your whole team stealths out, they're still in combat with something, and your dots continue to tick on them.

That's because the enemies reset due to having no target to remain in combat with. In group content, unless your whole team stealths out, they're still in combat with something, and your dots continue to tick on them.

For solo ow fighting sure. But like you said about consistent mechanics, it feels like in Ops situations you sometimes stay out of combat after combat stealth and sometimes you get pulled back in combat.

But i find that also situational, stealth resurrecting someone between phase change works just fine. Like in DF brontes you can stealth rez someone just before last phase starts when Brontes is in bubble and channeling. In hatered that is.

In deception you stay out of combat if there isn't any raid wide dmg. Anyways this is kinda meh for me other than it's hard to stealth rez someone if specced in hatered.

Got little sidetracked from "PVP" point of thread.