Why oh Why do People Rage-quit

TimesChampion

OK, so the Subject is a bit misleading. I know exactly why people Rage-quit, or at least I understand the impulse, but I'm getting Really sick of all the RQ pansies. It's pointless and it hurts You more in the long run, not your team. You get Comms, Creds, EXP and Valor regardless of the win or loss. If you quit then you are only depriving yourself of these things by leaving. There are 2 additional issues with this as well. It's not as if Unranked Counts the losses, so there is no strike on your record; and 2 if you RQ in Ranked it counts it as a defect o-loss.

:) To reiterate, the whole Exercise, like this thread, is pointless.

OK, so the Subject is a bit misleading. I know exactly why people Rage-quit, or at least I understand the impulse, but I'm getting Really sick of all the RQ pansies. It's pointless and it hurts You more in the long run, not your team. You get Comms, Creds, EXP and Valor regardless of the win or loss. If you quit then you are only depriving yourself of these things by leaving. There are 2 additional issues with this as well. It's not as if Unranked Counts the losses, so there is no strike on your record; and 2 if you RQ in Ranked it counts it as a defect o-loss.

If one has decided their teammates are worthless then the following thought process takes place:

One hand: "I can hold out 8-10 more minutes with these brain dead bads and get 60 comms, negligible credits, and experience doesn't matter since I'm already 60. Not to mention I will continue to face palm as I see endless idiocy displayed by my teammates and most likely get stuck in a queue rotation with them."

On the other hand: "I can forgo 60 comms and a few k worth of credits to relieve my face from the constant smacking of my palm due to the lobotomy patients on my team. I can save 5-10 minutes of my life by leaving this rubbish and queue dodge them by getting into a different match."

Never once have I even considered whether or not I am winning. I have queue dodged idiots even if we were winning....sometimes the other team just has even worse idiots. Sounds like a logical choice to me.

It's pointless and it hurts .

Actually not. Some matches are pointless to stay in. When your team is getting utterly steamrolled in Civil War and you know this is going to be the reality for the next 10 minutes, why should you stay?

Here is an insight in to why I leave a game.

5 players in PvE gear and expertise rating 1100 or below.

Voidstar -

Bomb is planted and no call after 25 seconds.

Team prefers to do a 5v1 whilst other side needs help asap. Bomb gets planted.

Civil War -

Team thinks its best to do a 3-1(THATS ME)-4 split

No call, node gets capped despite guarder watching enemy run all the way to the node, kill them and still say nothing. (against stealth its different. If I see more than 2, I tend to keep an extra eye on our side, depending on my class)

Queshball -

I am the only one actually going to get the ball

The list goes on. But these are early signs of PvP muppets. I'd rather leave and wait 20 minutes like normal for a pop. You can never win with bads

1.leave match before it's over.

2.log into opposite faction toon

3. wait until you think the match you left would be over

4. que back up

5. gains more comms and easy fast wins against the worthless scrubs you were originally queuing with

6. ?????

7. profit

I like this line of thought :D

What's up with the people that quit right before the end of a match, though? It usually is on the losing team, and they're Lv60 so it's not like they're trying to not get exp to get bumped up to the next wz tier. The loss is <1min away, not like you're wasting much more time than having sat it out to begin with. So why do you leave then?

Most of the time, I'm just like "puh", but this behaviour really bothers me in NC, because you can actually take the game back from 2% in that one...

Actually not. Some matches are pointless to stay in. When your team is getting utterly steamrolled in Civil War and you know this is going to be the reality for the next 10 minutes, why should you stay?

Damn right, pass that buck onto someone else.

What's up with the people that quit right before the end of a match, though? It usually is on the losing team, and they're Lv60 so it's not like they're trying to not get exp to get bumped up to the next wz tier. The loss is <1min away, not like you're wasting much more time than having sat it out to begin with. So why do you leave then?

Most of the time, I'm just like "puh", but this behaviour really bothers me in NC, because you can actually take the game back from 2% in that one...

This one bothers me because then some poor sucker who has been waiting in the queue for a match gets to load into the stats screen and then back to the end of the queue. What a nice thing to do to someone because you couldn't stand to wait the final 30 seconds.

But people who leave in the middle? Meh, I've been in enough games where we got better refills or just got our act together, and went on to win, that it doesn't bother me anymore.

If one has decided their teammates are worthless then the following thought process takes place:

One hand: "I can hold out 8-10 more minutes with these brain dead bads and get 60 comms, negligible credits, and experience doesn't matter since I'm already 60. Not to mention I will continue to face palm as I see endless idiocy displayed by my teammates and most likely get stuck in a queue rotation with them."

On the other hand: "I can forgo 60 comms and a few k worth of credits to relieve my face from the constant smacking of my palm due to the lobotomy patients on my team. I can save 5-10 minutes of my life by leaving this rubbish and queue dodge them by getting into a different match."

Never once have I even considered whether or not I am winning. I have queue dodged idiots even if we were winning....sometimes the other team just has even worse idiots. Sounds like a logical choice to me.

/everythreadonthissubject

I have never quit a match since when you lose you receive rewards anyway, but I have raged more than once due to being paired with nitwits. I especially hate it when I call for help, no one comes, the objective gets taken, and the process repeats itself.

So what I do is stand in a corner and watch the entire match go downhill; I don't even fight back if someone attacks me. Funny thing is, I was in a match once where this exact thing happened and someone decided that it was my fault the Coast was lost even though I did the most calls the entire match. So I told everyone to S.M.D., insulted them all, and someone gave me an MVP, lmfao!

I have never quit a match since when you lose you receive rewards anyway, but I have raged more than once due to being paired with nitwits. I especially hate it when I call for help, no one comes, the objective gets taken, and the process repeats itself.

This infuriates me. I always have inc ______ already typed into ops and let my team know the minute I see someone coming to the node, followed closely by the number of inc's. Sometimes, not often but it does happen, no one comes and then someone will rage in ops "*** NO INC?!?!"....seriously?

Damn right, pass that buck onto someone else.

Indeed I will. Until Bioware fixes their matchmaker. Or do you truly suggest that PUG-players shall stay and be farmfodder for regstar premades and imba matches?

If the lack of matchmaking infuriates enough people, things might change.

Edited by vennian

Indeed I will. Until Bioware fixes their matchmaker. Or do you truly suggest that PUG-players shall stay and be farmfodder for regstar premades and imba matches?

Are you suggesting that there be a reg rating system? Simply premade vs. premade doesn't sound like a more "fair" proposition. There's a world of difference between 2-3 rando casuals queuing or a typical guild premade, and superqueuing tryhards.

Edited by Joesixxpack

Are you suggesting that there be a reg rating system? Simply premade vs. premade doesn't sound like a more "fair" proposition. There's a world of difference between 2-3 rando casuals queuing or a typical guild premade, and superqueuing tryhards.

Oh I would love hidden ratings for a matchmaker to work with. Just as I would love premades only meeting premades. Just as I would love the matchmaker forcibly split a premade in order to create a balanced match between teams if that was what it took. Unfortunetly BW lacks the cojones to do any of these.

Edited by vennian

First, what matchmaking?

Also do what you wish, pass your grief pug minimality onto another pug and get that revolving door of players started.

Oh I would love hidden ratings for a matchmaker to work with. Just as I would love premades only meeting premades. Just as I would love the matchmaker forcibly split a premade in order to create a balanced match between teams if that was what it took. Unfortunetly BW lacks the cojones to do any of these.

I get where you're coming from but personally don't agree with any proposed solutions I've seen about this stuff. Doesn't look to me like there is one that would actually accomplish what the proposers want anyway. Good premades will still rock worse premades players. Assuming no queue splits, bad premades will still drag down better PUG players. Good PUG players will still demolish worse PUG players... etc.

Except maybe actual match-making, which seems too serious to me for regs and would require additional queues. On SL or Harb lately that might not be a big deal, but would kill what little is left on some of the other servers where pop. already causes problems.

Edited by Joesixxpack

Actually I think you've nailed the profile of the person posting this thread. Premade farming gets boring if people leave the warzone. More fun if they struggle so you can get more medals. If the devs or anyone at BW with the title 'pvp' ever witnesses the serious imbalance of geared fotm premade vs bolstered pug they would probably create a ranked solo queue so people would have the chance to gear up with others on similar footing.

Actually I think you've nailed the profile of the person posting this thread. Premade farming gets boring if people leave the warzone. More fun if they struggle so you can get more medals. If the devs or anyone at BW with the title 'pvp' ever witnesses the serious imbalance of geared fotm premade vs bolstered pug they would probably create a ranked solo queue so people would have the chance to gear up with others on similar footing.

It's quite evident that Bioware is well aware of imbalance in warzones but with a very limited resource (players) I'm not sure what they can accomplish.

They've made numerous efforts over the years to help alleviate some of the disadvantages in terms of gear. Recruit gear comes to mind, then bolster, and now a massive reduction in cost of pvp gear paired with a massive increase to commendations you can store. Now most know recruit gear was a joke and bolster was a science damn mess when that launched but the point is they have made the attempt and are still working on things.

As for premades vs pugs, in a perfect world you would have a queue for solo only and one for groups only. The group queue would probably have to limit it to either 2 player groups or 4 player groups so queues pop faster. However with server pvp population ranges from server to server and we all know cross server is an after thought at this stage in the game so I honestly don't know what actions they can further take outside of maybe putting in some sort of matchmaking for the regular queue.

When a DEFENDING team in voidstar comes and farms my team at the re-spawn from the get go, I will leave that match.

Got better things to do with my time than have my frustration and misery be the source of some idiots enjoyment and ego boosting entertainment.

Don't like it? Find me someone who likes repeatedly clicking "Respawn".

One used to be able to check gear to get a sense of the outcome but now, with comms change, peeps at least have exhumed so it takes a bit more time for the beginners to reveal themselves - for better or worse-

Also, other classes will do better in "lost cause" wz's- namely the stealth classes who can lone wolf it easier

No matter how noble "sticking it out till the end" may sound the reality of constantly face tanking 1v4 or more gets old after 10 back to back deaths

More and more often I am using teammates as shields rarely helping them unless it helps me

It's totally selfish but I only play this game to wz- and I'm sick of guarding so I need a few wz's to get my frustrations out

*this is why I wish bio would implement an ability (with a huge cd- maybe a week or so) that enables one to one-shot a friendly