Crew skill walkthrough / how to ?

UchihaJediKai

Trying to learn the crew skills as some items on the gallatic market are increadible high priced, espically black dye. Learning crew skills for force wielding armor , make lightsaber, clor crystals and dyes. What iam I supposed to do, I learnt 2 skills weaving one for force user armor and archology for crystals. The only thing I can make is a belt. Where do I buy scehmatics from can't find a vendor the trainers just sell advanced skills. I noticed on the market like lightsabers or robes at lv 1 and all slots open, how do I do that ? I know someone has likely posted some sort of guide but I am completely lost and confused. A step by step guide would be great. Tried googling but can only find what crew skills do not hpw to do them.

Trying to learn the crew skills as some items on the gallatic market are increadible high priced, espically black dye. Learning crew skills for force wielding armor , make lightsaber, clor crystals and dyes. What iam I supposed to do, I learnt 2 skills weaving one for force user armor and archology for crystals. The only thing I can make is a belt. Where do I buy scehmatics from can't find a vendor the trainers just sell advanced skills. I noticed on the market like lightsabers or robes at lv 1 and all slots open, how do I do that ? I know someone has likely posted some sort of guide but I am completely lost and confused. A step by step guide would be great. Tried googling but can only find what crew skills do not hpw to do them.

Synthweave is a crafting skill, and the crafting skill vendors (synthweave in your case) sell schematics if you are high enough skill level (not main character level) to use them. But to raise the crafting skill level, you must make whatever gobble items you have non-grey schematics for. ("grey" - the number that shows how many of that item you have materials for is grey. Like quests, grey schematics give no experience. "non-grey" - that number is orange, yellow, or green, indicating that you can get experience for making that time.)

The materials for items are acquired in different ways:

* materials satchels that drop from chests and monsters

* missions from gathering skills like Archaeology

* missions from mission skills like Underworld Trading

* gathering stuff from "nodes" in the field using gathering skills

Archaeology and Underworld Trading are the appropriate skills to match against Synthweave, because they

The orange-quality stuff on the GTN with level req. 1, all slots open, probably had the Cartel Coin symbol on it. That means that someone bought them via the Cartel Market (cash shop) and then listed them on the GTN. Crafted orange items start at requires-level-20 or so, certainly for Armstech.

Note: it is possible to max out to 400 all three skills you are allowed before you reach level 50, and even get gathering skills to 450 before you make level 50. And that was on a mostly-Preferred character.

Crafted orange items start at requires-level-20 or so, certainly for Armstech.

Synthweaving and Armormech start lower - you can get craftable oranges as low as (character) level 9, although finding the schematics can be a bit of a pain and the schematics are class-restricted (not just Heavy Armour, but Trooper/Knight or Hunter/Warrior-only Heavy). The low-level Artifice oranges are 20, same as Armstech. I can't recall the minimum level for the Cybertech custom droid parts - somewhere in the 20s for some, up to the 30s on others.

My apologies if I offend, but your English is not the best so I want to make sure we are both talking about the same things.

You have taken Synthweaving and Archaeology as skills.

You want to make armor for your force user and you want to make color crystals, dyes, and lightsabers

You are unable to train new "recipes" to craft new things.

OK first issue is that archaeology is not a crafting skill it is a gathering skill; you use archaeology to acquire materials to craft with, not to craft stuff.

Secondly, it is the Artifice crafting skill that makes color crystals, dyes, and lightsabers

Third, below is a breakdown of the various crew skills and their function:

Crafting (used to create items from materials): Artifice, Armstech, Armormech, Biochem, Cybertech, Synthweaving

Gathering Skills (used to acquire basic materials for crafting premium quality items; material acquisition can be accomplished by either collecting from "nodes" while adventuring, or sending companions out on "missions"): Archaeology, Bioanalysis, Scavenging

Mission Skills (used to acquired more advanced materials for crafting prototype and artifact quality items; material acquisition is only accomplished by sending companions on "missions"): Diplomacy, Investigation, Treasure Hunting, Underworld Trading.

The Slicing crew skill is a hybrid between gathering and mission. There are slicing nodes to be gathered, but they only generate "lockboxes" of credits. One has to run slicing missions to acquire the "sliced parts" materials.

Fourth, the game limits you to one crafting skill so you cannot take both synthweaving to craft armor AND artifice to craft dyes, crystals, and lightsabers on a single character. The only way to do both is to have more than one "player character unit" (definition of "player character unit" is a character you play AND its companions). So with only one character you have to decide what you want to craft.

Fifth, the "self-sufficient" combination of crew skills that you want to choose from are either:

Synthweaving, Archaeology, and Underworld Trading

or

Artifice, Archaeology, and Treasure Hunting

Lastly, to acquire new schematics/recipes you need to go to the crafting skill trainer (the one that you got synthweaving from), NOT the gathering skill trainer. You do need to skillup your crafting though. Crafting skill is NOT tied to character level; you can play a level 10 character that has a 500 skill in crafting or you can have a level 60 character with a 0 skill in crafting. To skillup you need to craft stuff, and as you skillup new recipes at the crafting skill trainer will become available.