New Armor drops from revamped ops?

So this is my first post on this forum ever, and i wasnt sure where to post this but this seems the most appropriate place. So i did some research about revamped ops and found out that apparently all of them will drop new tiers of elder game gear and that brings me to my question, will for example the Dread Forged and Dread Master drops from DF and DP HM,NiM just be deleted like the 180 gear was when SoR came out or will it just be boosted to a new rating? Same question goes for all the other drops from the old ops.

Also a sidequestion. I've been seeing a vast number of people wearing the Crest of the dread master, are these raids going on because its easy to do this boss and get the mask or because the mask will be gone after 4.0?

I rather dig the dread master theme so u can see why this is a big deal for me.

Well i just had a thought, seeing as how it would be logical for the DP and DF to still drop those Dread forged armors even after the 4.0 i thought they could be just increased in rating. ( would be stupid for KP to drop revanite armor, amirite) But i think that would create all kinds of trouble for people already having the current one so i dont think its gonna happen.

In any case, i hope we get some revelation prior to the release so me and the others can do their best to retrieve the gear they love before it gets deleted.

I'm wondering about the same thing. The announcement said that each player will get individual loot for gear, for the level they are at. As soon as I read that I started running every raid I could for tokens, and drops to pull pieces for legacy shells. I have at least 2 sets of each lvl 50 and 55 set bonus armor for future alts.

I am wondering if gearing is going to require you to run each raid, for 1 token piece only (set bonus). Or if they will make it more readily available like lvl 50 arkainian gear for just basic comms. no one wants to run 9+ raids just to gear 1 alt, nor the same token just for running a favorite OP like karragas palace, or explosive conflict...

anyways its too early to tell how the have handled this, but I am sure a lot of thought went into armor drops as it has been an issue since launch.

We don't know much other than new gear will drop, set bonuses will most likley be different, and HM and NiM will have the same stat rating.

What rating will level 65 SM / HM-NiM gear have?

Will ops drop shells with new looks or will the classic / old looks be retained?

Will personal loot be optional?

Will old set bonuses still exist and / or be obtainable?

Will classic / old shell looks be obtainable?

How will commendations work?

Heck, given developers always want to slow down gear progression as much as possible, might they do something radical, such as lock set bonuses to shells (allow players to use appearance tabs for looks but neutralize use of legacy gear for alts) or significantly reduce the quantity of gear dropped per operation?

• 2 weeks later...
I have (noob) another question about gear - so I've run a few nim/hard ops and acquired a few unassembled Dread Guard tokens - Where do I hand these in. I've been sent to Makeb/Corellia/ Fleet/ Oricon and nowhere can I find where to hand these in for the respecitve piece?

I have (noob) another question about gear - so I've run a few nim/hard ops and acquired a few unassembled Dread Guard tokens - Where do I hand these in. I've been sent to Makeb/Corellia/ Fleet/ Oricon and nowhere can I find where to hand these in for the respecitve piece?

Lv 50 Vendor in Supplies on Fleet. Scroll down pieces should be there. DG is 154 Rating btw

It will certainly be harder to get to the secret boss when it's going to be on max level nightmare difficulty to kill the bosses before.

There isnt gona be anymore nim mode, just story and hardmode. The Hardmare that ToS/Rav are is what we getting from now on.

If older "ops" keep a nim mode is another story

http://dulfy.net/2015/08/06/swtor-gamescom-cantina-tour-qa/

Edited by Kyuuu

There isnt gona be anymore nim mode, just story and hardmode. The Hardmare that ToS/Rav are is what we getting from now on.

If older "ops" keep a nim mode is another story

http://dulfy.net/2015/08/06/swtor-gamescom-cantina-tour-qa/

What are you talking about ?

Secret bosses are in 16m nightmare modes and will still be in them.

Edited by MuzluPasta

in a nut shell: They wont be removed, just unobtainable. (similar to some of the old PvP sets) Who knows, maybe Bioware will edit the old sets to be legacy gear since I heard they did that with a couple of really old PvP sets also.

As for the gear, they'll just edit the gear table to drop 200-220~ whatevers. And more likely than not they'll put some of the old sets on the CM (That Underworld jedi knight set which people seem to really like for example) or maybe obtainable through crafting.

Lv 50 Vendor in Supplies on Fleet. Scroll down pieces should be there. DG is 154 Rating btw

Dread Guard is 150. Only the relics are 154.

So this is my first post on this forum ever, and i wasnt sure where to post this but this seems the most appropriate place. So i did some research about revamped ops and found out that apparently all of them will drop new tiers of elder game gear and that brings me to my question, will for example the Dread Forged and Dread Master drops from DF and DP HM,NiM just be deleted like the 180 gear was when SoR came out or will it just be boosted to a new rating? Same question goes for all the other drops from the old ops.

Also a sidequestion. I've been seeing a vast number of people wearing the Crest of the dread master, are these raids going on because its easy to do this boss and get the mask or because the mask will be gone after 4.0?

I rather dig the dread master theme so u can see why this is a big deal for me.

Hateful Entity (The only source for the Crest of the Dread Master) is neither easy nor is it going to be removed.

It's just not as difficult as it was pre 3.0 and will (hopefully) be after 4.0. That's also why everyone seems to be having Brontes' Wings.

If Bioware was smart, they never would have removed content in the first place.

If they're going to take so much from WoW, at least take the lesson that removing content is idiotic, too.

I could never understand why they removed older sets of gear, they could at least have made the schematics available on the respective crafting vendors for crafters to make the shells.

I could never understand why they removed older sets of gear, they could at least have made the schematics available on the respective crafting vendors for crafters to make the shells.

Why make schematics when people are willing to buy them for real cash on the cartel market ?

I'm wondering about the same thing. The announcement said that each player will get individual loot for gear, for the level they are at. As soon as I read that I started running every raid I could for tokens, and drops to pull pieces for legacy shells. I have at least 2 sets of each lvl 50 and 55 set bonus armor for future alts.

I am wondering if gearing is going to require you to run each raid, for 1 token piece only (set bonus). Or if they will make it more readily available like lvl 50 arkainian gear for just basic comms. no one wants to run 9+ raids just to gear 1 alt, nor the same token just for running a favorite OP like karragas palace, or explosive conflict...

anyways its too early to tell how the have handled this, but I am sure a lot of thought went into armor drops as it has been an issue since launch.

My Impression of that statement was that they are like when the game first came out when the flashpoints had token gear made specifically for that class it was a nightmare had to roll and half the time didn't win it when I read that when they announced it that every class got their gear I cringed. Time will tell when it comes out