Ranked PvP Classes

DeltaaXx

So, recently getting into ranked after pvping for the last year and a half, and I've grown quite accustomed to my sniper dps and am not too bad on it... in regs. Having done my first 3 ranked matches today I can safely say sniper is definitely not the route to go for ranked pvp matches (At least for me). So I came here to ask you frequent ranked PvPers who know the classes much stronger than I do, what are the strengths/weaknesses of the classes that currently perform well in ranked 4v4s? Any feedback is welcome.

Sorc is still pretty much the only class with three good specs for PvP, isn't it?

Plus it's underperforming in PvE so less likely to be destroyed in future patches.

PT can also do two roles well. If you want to level a toon specifically for ranked, I recommend going with a class like that which has multiple good specs.

Edited by MiaowZedong

I have a Lightning Spec sorc at 51 atm, really enjoying the burst from it and I perform much stronger in arenas so far (then again it is mid bracket, but i perform better nonetheless). Atm I have a Juggernaut, Shadow, and a scoundrel that is almost 60 (juggy and shadow are both 60 atm), how strongly do they perform in ranked?

IN team ranked, all classes are viable, because your team will be working with you.

IN solo (which is called yolo) queue, current classes I recommend are - Sorc, Sin, Operataive (DPS) PT, Jugg.

Operative healers, in my experience, have issues with taking damage and burst healing.

PT tanks are still strongest, but sins are fairly close behind them thanks to the 3.2 changes to deprevating volts.

IN team ranked, all classes are viable, because your team will be working with you.

IN solo (which is called yolo) queue, current classes I recommend are - Sorc, Sin, Operataive (DPS) PT, Jugg.

Operative healers, in my experience, have issues with taking damage and burst healing.

PT tanks are still strongest, but sins are fairly close behind them thanks to the 3.2 changes to deprevating volts.

Even in team, there are preferred classes and comps. But you're right, it is much more balanced when you add a tank and healer and skilled players.

PT, Sin, or Jugg. All three are self-sufficient and can last long enough to pour out great damage in solo or group ranked without great support. So either route you go, solo or grouped... One of these 3 classes will perform fine. This is assuming you want to dps.

I'll probably gear my Juggy come 3.3 with the super cheap gear :D

But I also have a Sorcerer which I am highly enjoying playing Lightning with. I also play a Sawbones Scoundrel (tons-o-fun). I seem to do best on my Juggernaut in terms of utility and dps out of the 3... well 2 really.

I'll probably gear my Juggy come 3.3 with the super cheap gear :D

But I also have a Sorcerer which I am highly enjoying playing Lightning with. I also play a Sawbones Scoundrel (tons-o-fun). I seem to do best on my Juggernaut in terms of utility and dps out of the 3... well 2 really.

Don't. For whatever reason, Juggs often get listed as top tier but by every objective metric they are bottom tier, alongside mercs and snipers (if not below them). PTs, Sins, Sorcs, and Ops outperform them by a wide margin; it's not even close.

My main is a Juggernaut. Full DR, fully augmented (even the implants/relics) with stims. I read guides, pretty much anything I can do to get an edge. Tonight I got my first win of the season, and even that was against a team that got trolled. :( Even got accused of trolling myself a few matches prior.

Don't. For whatever reason, Juggs often get listed as top tier but by every objective metric they are bottom tier, alongside mercs and snipers (if not below them). PTs, Sins, Sorcs, and Ops outperform them by a wide margin; it's not even close.

My main is a Juggernaut. Full DR, fully augmented (even the implants/relics) with stims. I read guides, pretty much anything I can do to get an edge. Tonight I got my first win of the season, and even that was against a team that got trolled. :( Even got accused of trolling myself a few matches prior.

Hate to break it to you friend, but you are probably pretty bad.

Hate to break it to you friend, but you are probably pretty bad.

Probably, but you would think that with everything I have going for me in terms of gear and knowledge I'd be able to pull out at least one victory in my first ten matches. (And I sincerely doubt my general craptitude is bringing down the global average of Juggs that much ;).)

Besides, on my Sorc with not even half as good gear (and rarely play) I can still manage to maintain at least a 50% win rate. And when I lose on him I can usually tell when and where I ****ed up. On my Jugg, it feels like I'm never even in the fight to begin with. :(

PT, Sin, or Jugg. All three are self-sufficient and can last long enough to pour out great damage in solo or group ranked without great support. So either route you go, solo or grouped... One of these 3 classes will perform fine. This is assuming you want to dps.

PT isn't self sufficient. he can 1v2 a lot of players, but they're usually players who can't play their classes properly. PTs are easily focused down. same as snipers and mercs. they just do more dmg on their way to the underworld.

Assassin seems to be worth looking into... not going to shelf my Juggernaut just yet. I play infinitely better against classes in 1v1's rather than my sniper. I'm assuming deception is the way to go for ranekd?

Assassin seems to be worth looking into... not going to shelf my Juggernaut just yet. I play infinitely better against classes in 1v1's rather than my sniper. I'm assuming deception is the way to go for ranekd?

doesn't matter (much) for yolo b/c you're going to be able to tunnel almost every match. afaik, deception is a good bit worse than hatred in grp.